Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Lee_

Marketing Strategy

Interesting point. I never thought of it that way before but it would make sense. Yeah, that really does put all of the conspiracy nonsense out of its misery, which is a good thing cause the mindless EA bashing is growing tiresome.

EA have shown nothing but poor marketing strategy with C&C, they have the leading franchise copyrights and yet overall they are losing ground in the RTS genre altogether.

Besides, it is idiotic for consumers to acknowledge the business' view, that's not how it goes, we're expected to look after number 1, us.

As for BFME 2, that beta isn't a beta, its a demo, and its frankly just mediocre, if EA were serious about testing BFME 2 they wouldn't have limited the Beta to multiplayer-only, one map, and 2 sides out of six, how the HELL are we supposed to test that?

BFME 2 was to me as exciting as a baked potato.

I also find your point on the SAGE engine completely irrelevant, graphics are not a key element to a good engine, and as for anything else it offers, it certainly doesn't leave room for a C&C due to the fact it doesn't retain anything familiar from the classic C&C interface. And if graphics truely are what you think makes a game, there are plenty of engines out there that make a mockary of the SAGE engine.

194282.jpg

I'd have to agree with Waraddict entirely here, you take the words right out my mouth. SAGE is more than graphics, and if you think it's graphics that make a good game, then your experience and knowledge of games in general is rather thin on the ground.

You're being used as sales chickens, and EA is just waiting for the right time to feed you so you don't go dropping the precious eggs off to Petroglyph and other people.

Too late for that, this chicken has gone free range and has found that his egg is better quality with Petroglyph, and other developers games at this point in time. I am not part of a Battery farm community, and I will not be buying BfME2 or The First Decade. I do what I want, spend what I want and I say what I want. In other words EA's marketing strategy won't work with me... and that's the bottom line cos' Stone Cold says so!

If I only had enough to buy EAW or The First Decade I would go with EAW. I already have all the C&C games so the only reason I'm getting TFD at all is because they'll work on XP out of the box & they're all on one disc. (& I'm getting a new computer later & I don't want to uninstall the games from my current one & we're "supposed" to only install the games on 1 machine so getting TFD will give me 2 legitimate copies of each game.)

EA's sales chicken strategy worked with me on Generals only & will never work again. But the wonderful mods being created for Generals made it worth the purchase.

Nice article Lee. :nod::)

BFME 2 was to me as exciting as a baked potato.

:haha:

Bah, I'll comment later...I had a two paragraph post going, and ****in firefox shut down :evil: