Sign in to follow this  
GeneralZ

Article clarifying massing and rushing

Feel free to comment on GeneralZ's article here.

~Edited by Hypno to go with Article Forum format

"If you cant take the heat, get out of the fire"

This applies to many players, as you said, all of those people who call no-rush games. (and Being a Rush fan.... :wink:

however, the same may be said for you (and everyone) who cant deffend against a unit spam attack. This is where choke points, SWs, air support and real tactics come in handy for defeating a numerically superior enemy. Bunker busters do a great job of sending tanks to the moon. While it may not kill them, it does severlay disrupt enemy masses, as they tend to be "massed" together. Firestorms, neutron shells, and emp patriots all do an excelent job of shredding enemy hordes. Suicide units too, especially when armed with Anthrx explosives, the toxic clouds hang around for a while. Constant harrassment from the air is always a good thing (for you) even if they have loads of gat tanks and quads, pick them off one by one. Pathfinders are madatory against inf (duh)

as for your base, unless you have choke points leading to it, there really isnt much you can do, unless you can knock down thier numbers enough with strategies described above. Prop towers do wonders for your defensive line. Pat missiles can link for uber long firing range. Other than those defensive "basics" massive unit spam cannot be stoped. Now if they are n00b and have no AA, or you have wiped most of it out, a couple of helixs or Combat Chinooks loaded with TH/MDs....well, we all know what can happen there.

Guest Rabbit

I made the page for you, all I need is a title and I'll post it up.

i think that is one of the main reasons that many people dont like the use of nuke migs. They are effective against massing

Which effectively and successfully negates a good counter-massing/rushing ability. >_>

Stupid idiots. :roll:

Nice article by the way, GeneralZ! :nod: And same for the responce, Cygnus. Maybe we should combine the two to make it one article, it'll look very impressive and a good addition to the Articles Index. :D

Guest Rabbit

Sad thing is, I can imagine that happening.

The reason I now have an undying love for pop caps :P

Guest Rabbit

Well, a good ol' fashion water fight works too... but then again, winter isn't the best time, eh?

Guest MadBadger

I say it depends what you mass.

If you mass millions of tanks = no skill

but if youve thought ahead and planed your base out perfectly so you can mass Battle Busses then thats skill. Also if you can keep cranking out full busses in the time it takes your enemy to make 2-3 tanks you are going to win cos your better.

yea but the whole fact of the lack of intellect to come up with a strategy such as massing...should make the strategy itself void......... 8)

massing is "taking the easy way out."

although, nonetheless it is a strategy....so i cant say its crap...esp. cuz it works...

but its no fun...is it? :wink: :lol:

now that was a battle. well not really. But it looked cool with hte music and all.

sad thing is, not strategy involved (see my half of the article)

although I did laugh at the comanches getting pwned by the gat tanks. And speaking of matrix music, the falling comanches reminded me of Revolutions and hte Sentinel attack on Zion.

ah yes, the SWs. Course those were shown in the vid too :wink:

TD Ion Cannon vs TS Ion Cannon. Fav anyone ?

TD ion cannon hands down... the TS one was HORRIBLE.

It wasnt horrible, just iferior. Although I do like the shockwaves that come off the beam when it fires.

Yeah, it was kinda nice looking, but it was near useless in battle. It lost a lot of the awesomeness that the original had.... remember that FMV with "No Mercy" playing? :D :D

i LOVE the old sound tracks....o man....as soon as i find the site with them im prolly gonna put em on my iPod lol

They've gotten hard to hunt down, but luckily I found an old collection of them sitting at a Best Buy, left over from a promotional deal for RA2 years ago. They gave it to me for free, and now I have them all in WMA lossless on my home network where I can stream it and all the other music I own to every room in the house.

Ahhh... technology rocks :wink:

I have all the soundtracks :wink:

I think you can with XCC tools, yeah. You might want to check out ebay, too. You can find just about anything there...

dont know or have xcc tools...and could i get them for free off the internet? maybe a fileshare program?