Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luk3us

Now Playing - Games

1,779 posts in this topic

I'm still hooked on 8 Bit series, playing on the lowest possible graphics settings until I can buy a cheap nasty ASUS video card.

On 08/04/2017 at 2:52 AM, Sonic said:

Would you say C&C4 works better as a mobile game compared to it's bigger PC counterpart?

It has some issues due to technical limitations, but I'd say its better in some regards. Units are purchased, not just built (except for the AI, which just spawns them). Support powers work more like they do in the traditional C&C games. The missions are mostly shorter with smaller maps and actually have some variety. It's way better than Tiberium Wars Mobile, and with some refinement could have made for an interesting spin-off title.

So Duke Nukem 3D did have a 20th anniversary edition as a world tour edition, with five (instead of four) episodes. While Gearbox did the modification of the game, everything in the game is great (including real music, sounds and Duke's speeches) except for the lack of high resolution textures in an upgraded 3D engine. Sadly, you cannot buy it in GOG.com for now (but the guys there are trying to get every Duke Nukem game back into GOG for new licensing permits) but it's available in Steam with that s*** DRM. However that modified game isn't worth $19.99 USD.

Of course you can still get the eduke32 executable as well as the high resolution pack for Duke3D for free to combine with this world tour edition.

On 08/04/2017 at 0:42 AM, TaxOwlbear said:

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Mobile. For the greater good.

So I can see the page at the store, but I can't download it. I'm a sucker for punishment...