Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Perceptions Of The Intolerant

Another article by me discussing the mentality of some C&C community members that'd rather flame, correct, and belittle people. Rather than being the one thing they are supposed to be, part of the community.

Give a read by clicking here, and shoot some comments back. :wink:

There's no greater reason for their flaming and bashing than one thing: they hate EA. It's literally a one-sided hate. Nothing more, nothing less. And it's not like these n00bs can even bitch about the series 'not being fluid' since, even you've said it, most of them started C&C with Red Alert 2 and Generals. They have as much credibility as a person who's never even played Command and Conquer.

Remember one thing: the newcomers are trend following idiots who think it's cool to put down 'the man' and hate big corporations because one of their idiot friends on MySpywareSpace said something negative. None of these guys have their own opinion on anything and let people decide for them. It's that simple and as sad as that sounds, it's the truth.

Well King, I think understand what you're saying here, but why don't you recognize the importance of the community in holding EA to the canon? It's why we're here, and it CAN be constructive criticism! I mean, even EA recognizes it! They've responded to comments made, both positive and negative. A good example is the reduciton in size of the Tiberium crystals and the reintroduction of blue Tiberium. That was from community criticism! EA sees the value of it, but why is it, in your mind, nothing but mindless "EA bashing"? I really don't understand why you come down so hard on anyone who has anything negative to say.

Oh, and the fact that the Zone Troopers have exposed heads is MORE than enough reason not to like them. What "deeper" reason do you need? :?

BWare, you have to realize something. Ninenty percent of the talk about C&C3 is about EA ****ing things up because they're evolving the series. There needs to be some evolution in the series or you get caught in a rut, turning the series into the same boring fights over and over again. However, that's not the point of this argument. The point is that ninety percent makes no sense and they repeat the same tired arguments over and over ad nauseum.

Most people just flame the **** out of EA without a second thought with no rhyme or reason. Generally, it's found among the people who have not been here for very long. They don't care. They just want to bitch because they can bitch.

EA revised some issues and made the changes because of sensible musings, not the ramblings of pre-pubescent teenagers. The fact that EA changed some things should be enough to stifle the EA bashing but it isn't, which is further proof that EA only listens to ideas that make some ****ing sense.

Yeah, that's a good point there dude. I guess that I'm a bit too optimistic about the maturity of the community.

We do need to, however, leave some room for constructive, PRO EA criticism. I'm very pro-EA (as a capitalist :wink:), but as a loyal fan of the series, I'm going to make it known if I don't like the direction they're taking it. The mature members of the community need to do this with some class and consideration for EA, but it's important that we do it. EA clearly respects it, and we need to bolster that relationship! They are, after all, the caretakers of our beloved C&C series... like them or not. :wink:

It's obvious that you can't please everyone. You know that, I know that. EA is going to do their best but what would turn them off to community response is the constant negativity pouring out from ZH n00bs who think they know it all.

.... I'm going to make it known if I don't like the direction they're taking it. The mature members of the community need to do this with some class and consideration for EA, but it's important that we do it. EA clearly respects it, and we need to bolster that relationship!

My point exactly. EA will listen to sensible people, not rambling lunatics.

Ya know the thing is, though I have never even finished the original C&C (i have afinished ll the rest), I absolutely agree with you guys. These annoying "ZH n00bs" really need to stfu. They have no excuse whatsoever to complain about it, and just because it doesn't continue almost identically from game to game anymore, like BFME-->BFME 2, doesn't mean they need to ***** about it.

One thing that I really would like to see again, which (correct me if I'm wrong about this) isn't coming back from generals, is the dozer system. I mean, it doesn't need to be exactly like that, but I like ZH a lot better than some of the other games for that sole reason that I can use strategy on where and what size my base is, and can have multiple subbases up and running so much earlier and much more easily than in any of the other games :wink:

i think times change and so do people...i also think some things never change....

follow your human nature and adapt....or choose between fight or flight...

i for one have grown out of games alot...i mean i still play them on often occassions but i don't have significant desire to do so anymore...there are bigger and better things i feel....at least thats where i am right now in life

Ah... you just have to love redasblood and his famous esoteric rambling. :P

only the intelligent can understand me...haha...i speak in code...

what would you do without me?