Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

New Article: The Scrin... Another Roswell Incident?

2007 will in my eyes be CNCNZ's year of the article. So let's get kicked off on the 1st January with my first article of the year. It is named: The Scrin... Another Roswell Incident? Here's a snippet:

We all know the Roswell incident has been shrouded in mystery. But it has been made clear that the video of the alien autopsy was cleverly conceived by two British men who took the story a little further. So what if therefore, the Alien Autopsy in the form of a crashed ship in Tiberian Sun, was nothing more than a speculative community heresy?

What we have here is a direct look into the the name of "The Scrin" and what it really means in my opinion. Have a read and decide for yourself if this article leans towards a truth the community hasn't really noticed. Or whether it's an opinion of my misunderstanding within the C&C canon. You decide....

I just went through the Nod campaign of Nod on TS and was always puzzled by the word constructed in that scene.

"It must be considered then that Nod’s Government ship was also the ultimate defence weapon against the Alien invaders. A huge welcome present of destruction for when they did eventually arrive."

Defence weapon? It really sounds like Kane welcomes the Scrin in this video,

, why would he want want to blow them to hell?

Well he knows Aliens have sent Tiberium, it's within the prophecy, and now they have arrived. Perhaps Kane sees the goals of the Alien race very similar as Nod's. He may be trying to prevent the annihilation of Nod and the human race, by being more welcoming to the "Visitors". If Nod can destroy GDI by using the power of the aliens, and without being destroyed themselves, then all Nod have to do is destroy the alien menace before they can establish a foothold, and Kane's vision and purpose will be accomplished.

With GDI and the Aliens destroyed, Kane would have accomplished his mission in saving the human race from an extinction it's being trying to prevent since well before the first Tiberium War.

Guest Rabbit

Making Nod sound like the good guys. You'll actually see a few interesting things coming up.

Making Nod sound like the good guys.

I really hope the EA fiction is able to produce those sort-of grey areas in the motivations of both gdi and nod.

Nice article (and formating) Capt. Grumpy. I wasn't online for tibsun, but was it the same essential people responsible for both games? Wasn't Erik Yeo the lead guy for the first one, and dramatically left before TibSun came out? (And links to that background would be interesting reading for me...)

My point is, the plot holes and inconsistencies between the various games are probably due to the creative minds behind each rendition of the C&C story, so we can spin-doctor all sorts of explanations to join the dots. (This is also why I think EA has license to change the universe fiction).

Personally I would prefer the explanation to be the result of a multitude of alien species in involved in the story. If NZ can house the largest variety of the world's polynesian population - in the world - why do all Alien species seem to only have one unified culture, genetic traits etc (ala startrek)???

Great article, I think one every month would still be too few.

-gben

i was surprised how different joe/kane sounds in real life from in the game

That was an interesting read, to say the least.

And kinda awakens you to the grim reality, you know? Cause he is right. Scrin, the whole community hype, the general overlook of kane's dialouge with Slavik etc.

I have a feeling that the Tiberium universe is going to get a lot more interesting once EA reveals the "third side"

then again, they could screw that up, so who knows? I for one, am extrememly hopeful

And as clearly stated in Firestorm, Nod's Black Hand is Nod's government of highest Generals!

Nod's goverment of highest generals is the Inner Circle, not the Black Hand, which is practically Nod's special-ops and intelligence division. But you're actually right since Anton Slavick is the only surviving member Inner Circle and is also the commander of the Black Hand of Nod.

You're also right about the "Scrin Ship" being constructed by Nod. Vega's last words to McNeil before his base gets nuked were:

Kane didn't steal it, he made it.... He's got the Tacitus.

i was surprised how different joe/kane sounds in real life from in the game

Yah I noticed that too.

Scrin means drawers thou.... It's where you kept religious relics in the saxon times....

True, that is a secondary meaning and one I do feel I should have touched upon too since the ship was where Kane Kept the Tacitus.

wow, wheels within wheels, eh?

Looks liek someone at Westwood had some fun with words.

I've been wondering if there are any "other" instances throughout C&C where something similar could have happened, but I'm not coming up with anything.

Speaking of alien tech, what of the Nod Cyborgs?