Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

New Article: Explaining the Tiberium Riddle

Christian Kiesthardt has sent us this article that he wrote. Its called Explaining the Tiberium Riddle. Here is a sample to get you started.

It was by chance that I happened to watch parts of Disney's "The Prince of Egypt" on TV just an hour ago. For the whole day I have been playing and thinking about Tiberian Dawn, trying to make some sense and/or meaning of it all. It was known to me that the Tiberium series had strong connections with the bible, Kane-Caine, The Messiah, Seth and so on. However, after watching the animation film, one possible answer came up, and it was right in front of me, on TV.

Allow me to explain. In The Prince, Egypt's foundation was built upon the shoulders of the Hebrews. The slaves, who were neglected, abused and worked to death. That was fine with the Egyptians. They lived in luxury and happiness. They didn't need to work, let the slaves do it, after all, who cares!

The world in TD is somewhat a mirror image of today's world. The rich GDI nations have all the money they want. They have technology, food, shelter and whatever else the citizen desire. Of course, the people in Africa have nothing.

To read the rest click here. And thanks to Christian for sending us his article.

it was a great article.

this article is the most impressive article that connect the reality.

i'm an atheist, the story of bible didn't really interest me at all, but this time, I see a kinda revelation that is probably going to be true.

That was impressive. Very strong and rather interesting connection. I wonder what the original storywriters would have to say about that (hint hint)

Thanks guys, I was thinking of writing one more, thanks to talking too much with my friend about C&C during lessons......but it has to wait. I'm in the middle of my exams, very busy!!!

If I don't forget it, I'll try to get it typed up!

Thanks again!

do it man, that was some interesting stuff.

I just finished my exams today, btw :P

Cygnus,

I was half way through, whn I noticed a BIG mistake! My friend and I both missed the fact that Kane mentioned the Aliens as "visitors". I was writing about how Kane could have survived TD, to come back in TS. It has to do with clones, CABAL and the fact that there are two different Kanes!

With the Aliens, it's a different layer. I'm trying to find a way to connect CABAL, Kane and the visitors together. One has to go, but then it wouldn't make sense............. :oops:

I'll see if I come up with an answer....!

Ohh, and congratulations on your exams....... :D

The page... is... blank... ....WTF?

Edit: Wait! I see it!

It's actually a good comparison.

It has to do with clones, CABAL and the fact that there are two different Kanes!

Sorry, cloning doesn't even come close, it's not a part of the Tiberium universe. It's far more elaborate than that. The Nod ending in Firestorm shows no signs of cloning vats. And in C&C there is only 1 Kane. He has never been killed, just seriously injured to near death every time.

The miraculously healed to perfect health every time! Well except for maybe in TS, he was a little melty from the Ion Cannon :wink:

geez, good thing I stopped writing there........

If the Nod endy really doesn't show a cloning vat, would it be CABALs "cyborg factory"? Excuse me for saying this, but it does look like a vat?!

As for cloning not being part of Tib. ........tryingtotieinbothuniverses *couth*

:D But thanks for the feedback anyway

PS. I meant to say two Kanes that look differently, IE. one with a plate, one without.

If the Nod endy really doesn't show a cloning vat, would it be CABALs "cyborg factory"? Excuse me for saying this, but it does look like a vat?!

The Computer Assisted Biologically Augmented Lifeform (CABAL) was a sinister and highly advanced artificial intelligence which, as its name implies, was augmented by numerous human beings who were kept artificially alive within stasis tubes and whose brains had been integrally linked to, and synchronized with, the AI's system core. Presumably this was done in order to significantly enhance the device its overall potential and abilities in a vast multitude of ways. CABAL was used by the Brotherhood of Nod as their tactical and logistical console throughout the Second Tiberium War. Although essentially gender-neutral, as it was primarily an artificial entity, CABAL was always portrayed as male in both virtual appearance and voice.

Thus the reason CABAL went nuts was because Kane was in these stasis vats, and he took control of the CABAL artificial intelligence. All the time Nod were fighting CABAL, they were fighting Kane. What you see in the end of firestorm are not clone vats!

Watch

and tell me that every human body in those vats look like Kane clones. This is CABAL's central artificial intelligence core, there are male and females in there with body types ranging from thin, to morbidly obese. Far from the clones which you suggest!

I guess you got that idea from Planet CnC. Let me say now that the encyclopedia there is inaccurate, inconsistent, and riddled with loopholes. While a lot of the information there is accurate, don't trust everything you read there, because the only stuff that is correct is common knowledge. The rest is just speculative information.

As for cloning not being part of Tib. ........tryingtotieinbothuniverses *couth*

The theorem of the universes being tied, came from an ex-westwood employee, whom of which now works at Petroglyph. Now EA hold the fate of the franchise, this statement therefore means absolutely nothing in my eyes.

EA wanted to remove so many elements of the C&C canon which Westwood have set up, but they have had to bow to community pressure. I support that. But if EA don't want to tie in the universes and the community tries to pressurise EA to do so, I'll support EA all the way.

I always helped support the community to ensure that C&C 3 kept some common relation to the storyline. But that's where my support will now end. If Joe Kucan will not return to do a C&C 4, and they have to kill Kane off from the universe completely, then so be it!

We've helped EA understand how the universe works. Or so we might think. But our constant interference may actually be doing more harm than good. What if EA are following Westwood's legacy, ensuring the story finishes how it's supposed to end. Yet we ramble on about Canon this, canon that. Demanding changes that were not planned and we (as a community) end up changing the elements so much, that the true canonical storyline that Westwood created is destroyed.

Hence why I will now support EA in their choices and oppose the community where necessary. Because if EA do want to connect the universes, why should we dictate to them how it should be done. If we get too wound up in canon, we may just prevent the universal tie in that's been hoped for!

I have no further statements to make...............

I'm with King on this one.

But I'll still be open to speculate on "possible" dirrections for the storyline to go

Thus the reason CABAL went nuts was because Kane was in these stasis vats, and he took control of the CABAL artificial intelligence. All the time Nod were fighting CABAL, they were fighting Kane. What you see in the end of firestorm are not clone vats!

Watch

and tell me that every human body in those vats look like Kane clones. This is CABAL's central artificial intelligence core, there are male and females in there with body types ranging from thin, to morbidly obese. Far from the clones which you suggest!

I don't know whether they are clones or not - clearly from Kane having a beard and a metal plate in his head that last one was not a clone. I certainly did think when I first saw the vid when playing the game, that it was intended as clones - why else does the guy keep coming back... but on closer inspection you can see that's probably not true.

Identical copies of a single person are pretty standard idea, but it's science-fiction so there's no reason why they can't simply be different versions of the host. ie. male and female versions of Kane. Although I agree they are not identical, I just want to point out that looking at things through glass often causes distortions in appearence. So it's *possible* they are copies of Kane, although *unlikely*.

If I was going to pick a new host, I'd probably pick the one who didn't have a balding problem though!

(snip) ...hence why I will now support EA in their choices and oppose the community where necessary.

:wink: I don't know King, your support seems to swing both ways at times...

But to support one doesn't mean fighting the other! You make it seem so... so confrontational... so life and death... so IRON CHEF!

I agree that we should at least give EA a chance. I mean without the core people who originally created the game/concept, it's always going to be taken in fresh and new directions with the new teams. Being a Babylon 5 fan, I can appreciate how difficult it can be to create an internally consistent fiction. Even that's not always possible with a small creative team - look at Star Wars.

I think it's fun to connect the universes, but not necessary. If they make a RA3 I think it should again totally ignore the previous fiction and just create yet again another parallel universe. Just think, if Generals somehow had Kane do a cameo as one of the generals and then ohmygod it's part of the canon fiction... and really that's all they did in RA1. The game works with or without him.

Anyhoo it's just a game, it's just entertainment, so we need to just treat it as such. We need to relax and enjoy. Speculate, conspire, create - and spin a thread!

-gben

wow, yellowman, you think pretty good :wink:

all lame english aside, thats a great final point. They are just games, and we should not get all crazy over them. HOWEVER....without passion (or least good hearted C&C fun) the games are worthless. Besides, a consistent storyline makes it a bit easier for the less bright to follow along, and that means more customers, and occasionally another hardcore fan