Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

15 Minute Kane's Wrath Demo

APOC sends word of a reminder about the Kane's Wrath - Behind Closed Doors video. It was mention in episode 2 of Battlecast Primetime but sort of slipped under the radar. It covers many of new units for both GDI and Nod so check it out.

kw_bcd.jpg

While your there you can also watch the special 5 minute exclusive look at the German Command & Conquer community with commentary by Mike Verdu, Louis Castle, and German Product Manager Pete Larsen. An extended cut of the featured multiplayer match up from episode 2 of Battlecast Primetime can be seen as well. All the videos are available here.

Ahh, yes.... Very interesting video... But it seems to me, that GDI are getting more useful units that cover their weaknesses, namely anti air... hmm....

Hammerheads are like flying Battle Fortresses. Which is so awesome.

Why can't Nod get more AA when GDI can???

Nod have venoms for dealing with air threats. Also buggies, bikes and the best anti air unit the stealth tank. :nod:

Well, gotta see. Then I'll probably comment :roll:

Why, you can comment now as well?

I liked this gameplay vid very much, since it added more insight to the expansion as the show at Leipzig, and im both impressed and satisfied- Of course, this is only a portion of EAs "To do"-list for KW.

Watched it more than once and recommended it on any CnC fansite im registered to.

There's certainly a lot more unit diversity in this game, and it's good to see that they're addressing the late game issues by preventing the infantry from becoming dead end.

I've also noticed that they're putting in an effort on the music this time as well. Should be interesting to hear more of that.... Now all they need to do is ensure that the story is strong and the acting isn't wooden, and then I believe they are about 2/3 of the way to getting the game how it should've been.

Only other changes I'd suggest are darker and more organic red zones. So perhaps more neutral mutants wandering around the place, and a texture change on the trees within the red zone.... making them look living... The game just needs more atmosphere.

I hope that APOC passes on all the messages he sees on the forums onto the team, they need to listen to the community's views.

Anyone else think Jim Vessella is mimicking the introduction style used in StarCraft II?

Nope, why imitate omething that sux?

Nope, why imitate omething that sux?

It's a truly ignorant fool who simply says that 'omething "sux" for no reason whatsoever. Especially considering you're talking about an entertainment franchise that's so good, it's matches are still being televised in Korea ten years after its release.

I can't wait for the new expansion, especially considering that they're bringing out some more interesting strategies that were just plain absent from the original, and also because it's obvious where some of these inspirations came from. (Y'all already know I'm a Generals fanboy.)

The new GDI Hammerhead/Infantry is pulled right from the US Air Force General's Combat Chinook. Nod's Liquid Tiberium soldier is a carbon copy of the GLA Toxin Rebels. The Nod Reckoner is just a modified GLA Battle Bus, and the new EMP grenades are nothing but re-rendered flashbangs.

I'm sure there's going to be a few more examples.

All in all, I'm excited!

CnC Generals: Kanes Wrath: Now with soul. And a story :P

Why franchise?

There's certainly a lot more unit diversity in this game, and it's good to see that they're addressing the late game issues by preventing the infantry from becoming dead end.

I've also noticed that they're putting in an effort on the music this time as well. Should be interesting to hear more of that.... Now all they need to do is ensure that the story is strong and the acting isn't wooden, and then I believe they are about 2/3 of the way to getting the game how it should've been.

Only other changes I'd suggest are darker and more organic red zones. So perhaps more neutral mutants wandering around the place, and a texture change on the trees within the red zone.... making them look living... The game just needs more atmosphere.

I couldn't agree more. :nod:

Jim Vessella also said that this is the 'first' expansion pack to C&C3. Do you think this means there will be more or is it irrelevant?

Gah, yes. Subfactions ftw. This is reminding me more and more of ZH which was GREAT in multiplayer. And if EA actually supports it, zomg it will be a great RTS.

But yes, I agree with Saracen and we've said this before with C&C 3... Mutants, organic lifeforms, darker atmosphere. Main keys. ;)

The atmosphere seems to be darker though- Of course, i thought the red zones and desert maps to be pretty moody anyways. Some more mutant units could be around yes, and civvies! Maybe even driving cars! But Tiberium lifeforms? If, than only in the first chapter. Not to fond of em meself.

well even if not organic life-forms, perhaps weather effects and daylight/night transitions, with a view to placing Ion storms map-wide in Red Zones as well.

Ion storms were hugely atmospheric and creepy. That darkish yellow/orange glow, lightning raining down. It also added an extra strategic element within the game not being able to launch aircraft or move hovering units. I remember the amount of times I would try and get in an extra strike from aircraft before the storm arrived. It was good stuff.

It's just things like ambient sounds, the sound of wind, creepy noises coming from inside the Red Zones.... It creates a more immersive experience. And it's little details like that, that give a game that edge. It would go a long way in this game.

Ambient sounds are there and good. Weather effects, however, are an awsome idea! Or at least more of em, since there were noice rain and storm effects, among others.

FFS the music was almost ambient sound. :roll:

But yeah definitely need more atmospheric structure with sounds and lighting. Just things that get you by surprise, like tiberian fiends or meteor showers, sudden things that can create a anxious feeling among the players.

And I know that they're working on the music but they said that last time and failed, so not much faith there until we get results. :nod:

Well, franchise as in other products apart from just the game itself. There are also toys... And perhaps other products. But then again, I might just be choosing the wrong word. <grin>

i agree with kyle and saracen. esp with saracen. ion storms were one of the coolest things about TS.but, of course we all already know this game was rushed.

I guess since they bound Ion Storms to the Scrin, they couldnt really decide if to have them separately.

If they were to implement full blown map sized Ion Storms, please have them similar to that of TS. Cause the ones in TW aren't that impressive really...