All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hey everyone. I'm having trouble with the RA3 modding SDK - specifically, trying to compile a mod does not work properly. Whenever I try to compile a finished mod - whether is it the sample mod, existing source files of other mods, or my own - the SDK just spits out a 1kb .BIG file that doesn't work when loaded into the game. I tried browsing this forum and the closest thread to my issue is this - except the solution posted didn't resolve my issue (I already have my OS language set to English). Any help would be appreciated. PS: Do I need Bibber's RA3 Mod SDK extras to mod RA3 too? Because the download - and everything from Bibber's site has been taken down and I can't find any mirrors.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Last week
  5. This is interesting news! Well done to all of those involved in allowing this to release into the wild, fascinating as an insight into how Red Alert was developed and also in terms of preserving games from an archival perspective. Excited to see what else releases over time, gives me hope that there are early builds of Red Alert 2 / Tiberian Sun out there somewhere (I've heard rumours about both existing over the years). Back in the day Deezire mentioned something about a pre-release version of Tiberian Sun and a 'Red Alert 2 beta' seemed to exist on Russian file-sharing sites, though that could of been click bait.
  6. A most unlikely event has just occurred - beta version 0.09c of Command & Conquer: Red Alert has been discovered. The exact source and date of this build is unknown, but the person who found it is Siberian_GRemlin, whom Russian fans may know for his translations of earlier games in the series. Here are some of the differences: there are no countries (subfactions) yet some previously unseen cutscenes appear, including the long-lost shipyard one certain removed voice lines appear, including "It is done" and "Time for a little five-finger discount" which we would only hear in the track Radio 2 Remix rudimentary skirmish AI dev build of the map editor with debug keys a sprite believed to be the cut commando Megan is present TaxOwlbear got the build early while it was being verified by CCHyper, Nyerguds, Tore and Chad from CnCNet, which is what you see above. More information can be found here, and the download link is here.
  7. KW doesn't have a mod menu. Use this guide, option 2: https://cncnz.com/features/technical-support-help-guides/running-mods-in-command-conquer-3-kanes-wrath/
  8. I managed to get C&C 3 mods working. But KW do not work. When i go on C&C3 it gives the option to browse the Mods. For KW I can't see that option. Following is the code link i use for C&C 3 (the one that works) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\CNC3.ico" -ui cnc3 Following is the code link i use for KW (DO NOT works) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer 3 TW and KW\CNC3.ico" -ui cnc3ep1 Can someone help pls. Thx
  9. Earlier
  10. Thanks that is a good idea for a limited number of turret changes.
  11. my bad, i only remember there are RIDER1 to RIDER4 in the ObjectStatus. however there is MemberTemplateStatusInfo in OpenContain, which allow the Container gain different status based on which unit they carry, and with LUA coding to switch the Container's weaponset.
  12. It still works? I will have a look! RiderChangeContain is what was used in Zero Hour? that does not exist in C&C3!
  13. Hello, I've just acquired TibEd, but attempting to run it to mod RA2 or YR gives me an error "Runtime Error '9': Subscript Out Of Range." The error also occurs if I attempt to select a Tiberian Sun version. Thing I've tried so far, in chronological order: Installing Visual Basic 6 Service Pack 6 Installing Visual Basic 6 Service Pack 5 Installing OCXFix Setting TibEd to run as administrator Setting TibEd to use various compatibility settings (Windows 7, Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3) Restarting my computer after doing the above and trying again Uninstalling and re-installing TibEd Setting the RA2YR directory in TibEd preferences to a fresh installation Google seems to show that "runtime error 9" isn't a phrase exclusive to TibEd and that the problem is related to Visual Basic in some way, but as I've already tried installing the service packs I'm not sure where to go from here. Edit: I'm running Windows 10 x64.
  14. code of the GLA bikes still exists and working. you can give it a try.
  15. I am looking to code an IFV style vehicle in C&C3 and would like some hints and ideas. At the most basic level I would like the weapon of the IFV to have a default (ie out of the factory setting), and then to change depending on what infantry squad (or individual in terms of infantry like the engineer) is loaded inside. If the infantry exits the IFV, I would like it to go back to the default weapon. If possible it would be nice if the IFV would also change according to 'PLAYER' upgrades. For example if a standard rocket squad entered the IFV it would get a rocket weapon, but if the player upgraded with composite amour, the IFV would get a rocket weapon, and additional armour plating. Also if the same could be done for 'OBJECT' upgrades, that would be great as well. Any help would be appreciated!
  16. GenTool, xezon's extension for Generals and Zero Hour, has received a new update, version 7.8. Here's what's new: New features: Added new ranked maps to GenTool updater Added custom map list size patching to GenTool updater to list up to 1200 maps Added player money display in replay and observer modes Added text size toggle on [Numpad +] and [Numpad -] keys Added player name and player id information in uploaded replay txt file Fixes / improvements: Fixed tick threading issue that would cause wrong timers Changed folder structure in uploaded data to separate online and network matches Changed text in GenTool menu Improved code in Upload Mode If you already have GenTool installed, you can update it by simply running Generals/Zero Hour and exiting. If you want to do so manually or you do not have it installed yet, you can download it from the GenTool website or from here at CNCNZ.com.
  17. PurpleGaga27

Desktop CPU Thread

Intel's 10th gen CPU chips are finally here, except the mainstream is focused on mostly laptops while the high-end ones now focused on more cores. The 10-core CPU is worth checking out since it's about $70-120 more from the Core i9-9900K (8-core/16-threads @ 3.6 ghz), but uses more power. https://www.pcworld.com/article/3441480/intel-launches-powerful-core-x-series-processors-at-drastically-lower-prices.html
  18. G Daddy

GenTool Version 7.5 Available

Version 7.8 is available.
  19. function UnitSwitchAllegiance(self,other) ExecuteAction("UNIT_SET_TEAM",GetObj.String(self),GetTeamName(other)) ExecuteAction("NAMED_FLASH_WHITE", self, 2) -- ExecuteAction("SHOW_MILITARY_CAPTION", "SCRIPT_COMPLETED", 5) end While this code will work with human players, it will not work if the AI attempts to use it, as units are auto assigned into random new teams by AI (This is from CNCisDead): -- Dont use ObjectTeamName() command because it fails with AI players (units are auto assigned into new teams by AI) He uses: local p1 = strsub(ObjectDescription(other),strfind(ObjectDescription(other), "owned by ") + 9) local p2 = strsub(ObjectDescription(self),strfind(ObjectDescription(self), "owned by ") + 9) I will try something around that.
  20. Cannot get this to work unfortunately. Can anyone see any issues with the code?
  21. Could you explain it more clearly? Is SWAPPING_TO_WEAPONSET_1/2/3 in modelstate? And is any codes for example?
  22. EA producer Jim Vessella, true to his monthly schedule of remaster updates, has today posted about the in-game soundtracks and the jukebox feature, including some comments from veteran composer Frank Klepacki, and a sample of some of the remastered tracks - Act on Instinct, Demolition, and Fogger. Fellow Command & Conquer fans, I wanted to start this post by saying I’ve seen all the comments with the desire to see in-game footage, and thought it would be helpful to provide some context on the timing here. Essentially, we want to make sure we have all the supporting assets in place (like an updated C&C website) before revealing the in-game content. This will allow us to utilize some more flexible media components for the reveal, and ultimately help our awareness so we can get more gamers excited about C&C and the Remaster (which is beneficial for all of us). And while I cannot provide an exact date, getting all this in place is one of my top priorities and I’m crossing my fingers it can happen soon. But overall, our gameplay implementation is right on schedule, with Petroglyph currently focusing on getting the Nod campaign all stitched together. In the meantime, we wanted to share some special content with you for this post. If you remember, earlier this year we asked the community to provide input on our approach for the soundtrack, including what versions of the tracks you wanted to see in the Remaster. All of us on the team listened intently, and we heard a general consensus for having the most variety possible. So with that request in hand, we pushed hard to include all the versions of the tracks. This means the classic low fidelity versions (without voices), the original soundtrack versions now remastered (with voices), and then of course the Remastered versions of all classic tracks. This will also include many of the rare / unreleased tracks, several of which have never been heard before in higher fidelity. But getting there wasn’t always easy, and here’s an overview from Frank describing the remastering experience: “The process of going through every single piece of music and bringing it to a higher quality standard has been quite a journey back in time for me, and I’m really glad that all of these tracks will finally be heard in full high quality for the remastered game experience. After combing all possible archives, a handful of tracks were just nowhere to be found – this included ‘Snake’ and ‘Fogger’ from C&C Red Alert. One thing that I did back in the Westwood era, was mirror my home studio with the same gear I had at work, and fortunately I had kept much of it all these years. So I started there, and I went to painstaking detail and trial and error to track down and match as much of the exact original sounds and instrumentation I could find, to recreate these songs from scratch in order to have the best high quality versions once again for the remaster. Hearing these new versions, especially in stereo now, is a whole new experience.” To add it all up, between the classic and remastered versions of the tracks, we’re clocking in at over 10 hours worth of music across 175 tracks! Now, with that much music and variety, we figured players would need a way to organize all the music content. So we are excited to share that the Jukebox will be making a full comeback in the Remaster, and be more enhanced than ever before. The Jukebox will allow players to create their own playlist utilizing any combination of music to their desire. Easy to use filters help the sorting process, and for the first time you can listen to Red Alert music in Tiberian Dawn or vice versa. This feature was a labor of love for Frank and some of the original Westwood engineers on the project, who wanted to deliver the best music experience possible for the community. Overall we just can’t wait to put the Jukebox in your hands, and see all the unique playlists the community puts together. As a special treat to celebrate this post about the soundtrack, Frank has put together a compilation of several Remastered tracks for your enjoyment. You’ll be hearing a sample of the Remastered versions of Act on Instinct (without voices), Demolition (which was never included on the OST), and Fogger (which Frank described above as being recreated from scratch in high fidelity). To help provide a comparison, each track also includes a short intro of the classic low fidelity version as heard in the original game. And finally, you may notice there’s an unchecked box called “Bonus” in the Jukebox. Well, we haven’t forgotten about the voting you did earlier this year on your favorite tracks, and as such we’ll have a special surprise to reveal at a later date : ) As always thanks for your ongoing patience and support, and we’re looking forward to hearing your feedback on the soundtrack details, Jukebox, and the music itself. Cheers, Jim Vessella Jimtern You can read the original announcement and listen to the tracks on the C&C subreddit.
  23. I could just make 2 weapons which the new one is "fake deploy" that firing without deploy needed and preattackdelay=3.5s and have an "deploying" anim, so it looks likev unpacking to fire but in fact it's just normal firing like tanks without unpacking. But I still want to realize the true 2 firing mode with real deploy function like CC2 artillery and juggernaught.
  24. My guess is that you need to have 2 weapons that are visually the same. The reason for this is that when you use the button to manually deploy your artillery, it will block the 'automatic' weapon, and also the reverse will be the same for standard artillery usage. Look into weapon swap style coding (Firehawk is example of this), to look into ways of blocking usage of one weapon while another is selected.
  25. Since spectre and Juggernaught always make themselves into dangerous place to get better shooting range, I tried to make them become immobile firebase and succeeded in meeting expectation. I just change DeployStyleAIUpdate into normal AIUpdate and add corresponding SP/Upgrade/Attr... with unpacking and packing buttons and so on. However, I want to let this kind of unit can both be mobile siege unit just like original game when meet with sudden enemy situation and immobile firebase by manual operation. So I returned AIUpdate to DeployStyleAIUpdate, and it went wrong no doubt. It will unpacking to deploy status after I click the unpacking button, the unit looks also in deploy model state. But it will unpack again when it is about to fire. And also it will pack twice, one for packing button, one for the true packing function itself. So what should I do? I want it autonomously unpacking to immediately firing as original game and manual operation to be immobile firebase if I click button and won't unpacking or packing twice. And I uploaded the code which can be compiled by Wrathed. testmod.zip
  26. Hmm... that was the letterboxing option in the original... You can just replace it with "Nearest neighbor". The result is identical.
  1. Load more activity