Recently i'm installed The First Decade from my old disk and spend some time patching it (i installed both official patches and unofficial 1.03 patch) and getting all games to work properly. I manage to solve issues in all games except for Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge expansion: both games are working but i experience lags ingame even when there is almost nothing happening on screen.
My PC specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.50 GHz (with turbo boost up to 3.90 GHz)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB
8 GB RAM
List of things i tried to do:
1. Installed this graphics patch - it solved similar issue in Tiberian Sun, but doesn't worked for RA2
2. Added VideoBackBuffer=no to game configs - no effect
3. Tried ddraw.dll patch - caused black screen when i launch the game
4. Tried "Disable Hardware Acceleration" option form this unofficial patch launcher - turns out it uses same ddraw.dll i mentioned above, with same effect
5,6. Tried to disable hardware acceleration using register edit and DirectX SDK - looks like technically its does same thing that ddraw.dll does, caused black screen too
7. Tried DDWrapper with ForceDirectDrawEmulation and NoVideoMemory options set to 1 - no effect (also enabling only one of these options causes black screen)
8. Tried different compatibility modes and windowed mode - no effect
I can't find any more solutions, i don't know what else i can do. Any other ideas how to solve my problem?
P. S. Sorry if i misspelled something, i'm not a native english speaker