Devils Line
Members-
Content count
20 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Devils Line
-
How to make mod maps in TW?
Devils Line posted a topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
A big hello, Hopefully someone can help me. For the past two days I have been surfing the web to learn how to make mod maps for TW & KW. By "mod map" I mean to convert them into a .big file and to add that "add-big MOD LOCATION HERE" line to the skudef file for TW & KW. When it comes to KW, I have managed to learn it from the link below and I have already started making my mod maps: http://thundermods.net/archiv/index.php?page=content&id=92 However, when it comes to TW I cannot find a single tutorial/guide/article on how to do it. Can someone help me in case they know how? I have MOD SDK and all additional files, but I don't know what to do. What I have tried is following: Paste map.xml file with or without all textures in .dds format (I tried both options-with and without textures) inside MOD SDK/Sample mod/Maps and then compile with buildmap. I managed to get those 4 files (relo, manifest, imp and bin). I created the same folder structure as in KW: (1) big/Data/AdditionalMaps/mapmetadata_MAPNAME.xml (I copied metadate from map.xml and changed "filename" line accordingly) (2) big/Data/unofficial/MAPNAME/ and copied all relevant files here (relo, imp, bin, manifest, .map, .art and the tga file). For KW the next step was to compile mapmetadata_MAPNAME.xml with wrathed, but I do not know how to compile it with MOD SDK. Buildmap does not do it. I tried skipping that step and made the .big file with makebig, copied the .big file inside the game folder, added the "add-big" line to skudef file and ran game, but map won't show up. ______________________________________________________________________________________ EDIT: I think the only issue is compiling the mapmetadata_MAPNAME.xml file. I used Wrathed to compile it since I don't know any other way of doing it, but if I do that, then TW can't start the mod. So if you know how to compile mapmetadata_MAPNAME.xml, that would be help enough. Thanks in advance for any help. -
Where to find TiberiumCracks01.dds, TiberiumCrystal01.dds, TibFields01.dds?
Devils Line replied to Devils Line's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
Thanks man. You helped me a lot. I've got no clue about modding so I need clear advise/tips a lot. -
Where to find TiberiumCracks01.dds, TiberiumCrystal01.dds, TibFields01.dds?
Devils Line posted a topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
Can someone help me and tell me where to find these files in C&C 3 TW MOD SDK: TiberiumCracks01.dds, TiberiumCrystal01.dds, TibFields01.dds? -
Where to find TiberiumCracks01.dds, TiberiumCrystal01.dds, TibFields01.dds?
Devils Line replied to Devils Line's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
Okay, maybe no one wants to respond to me for whatever reason, which is okay. However, in case no one knows the answer to this, then let me ask a different question. How to change color and value of tiberium (example: red tiberium, brings in 2100 worth of credits)? -
New C&C3 Tiberium Wars competitive 1v1 maps available
Devils Line posted a topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath
New C&C 3 Tiberium Wars competitive 1v1 maps available, including 4 maps with non-TW textures from PurpleGaga's ultimate texture mod. https://www.gamereplays.org/commandandconquer3/portals.php?show=page&name=commandandconquer-tiberiumwars-new-competitive-maps-2019 -
Sky textures not appearing in TW: A New Experience mod
Devils Line posted a topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
Well, title pretty much says it. I don't see any sky textures when I run this mod, even though I should be seeing them. Also, if I try add them to another map, according to this tutorial https://www.moddb.com/mods/cc3-a-new-experience/tutorials/add-sky-in-your-favorite-map they do not show up. Anyone knows what I am doing wrong? I wanna point out that when running this New experience mod, none of the maps that came with the game show up (like rift, arena, rocktagon etc.). Only custom maps show up. -
Sky textures not appearing in TW: A New Experience mod
Devils Line replied to Devils Line's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
It's not that I have not seen the public source code for your mod, or that I could not be bothered viewing it. It's that me viewing it is a waste of time, since I know pretty much nothing about PCs or modding and can only do stuff after seeing a step-by-step tutorial on how to do it. I mean, honestly, I have no clue what you even told me. Although, I have been able to make some great maps thanks to your texture mod for C&C 3 that can be found on moddb. Thanks for that. tw1.bmp I've got more screenshots but can't upload them. Seems total limit is 2.51 MB. -
Sky textures not appearing in TW: A New Experience mod
Devils Line replied to Devils Line's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
TW 1.09, retail version. My installation is not broken for sure. Proof is that they show up in Tacitus revolution mod, after compiling the map. Even then, they don't show up in New experience mod. -
Sky textures not appearing in TW: A New Experience mod
Devils Line replied to Devils Line's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
Whatever the reason may be, if you compile the map after adding the sky dome, and run compiled map with Tacitus revolution mod, you can see sky textures. Maybe it helps someone. -
Anyone know how to add these objects to either TW or KW?
Devils Line posted a topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
The first map showcased in the video - the trees covered in snow and the lights in the middle. Anyone know how to add these to either TW or KW? I know you have to compile the map to make them appear, and I know how to compile. However, I have no idea how to add them to the map. Best regards. -
How to compile maps for KW?
Devils Line posted a topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
I thought this tutorial was working, but actually it does not work. http://thundermods.net/archiv/index.php?page=content&id=92 So, can anyone tell me how to compile maps for KW? -
How to compile maps for KW?
Devils Line replied to Devils Line's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
This solved all the issues. Thanks. I had a map with non-KW textures (from the PurpleGaga texture mod on moddb) and could not get the game to load it no matter what I tried. Now, it worked. Thanks Egozi too. I did not know maps could be compiled that way too. -
How to compile maps for KW?
Devils Line replied to Devils Line's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
Yes, it works. I get skudef and big file. However, how do I run the map? In the tutorial I linked in my first post they copy big file to any folder and add "add-big FILENAME.big" to the 1.2 skudef file in game folder. -
WorldBuilder Custom Map Help - Object does not display in actual gameplay
Devils Line replied to Vectore's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
Now that you mention it, it could have to do with your worldbuilder. As you can see from screenshot below, the icons for your worldbuilder and mine do not match. Even the name of program in top bar does not match. Yours says "Command & Conquer 3 worldbuilder" while mine says "Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars worldbuilder". I'll post my worldbuilder below too so check it out. CC3Worldbuilder(2).zip -
WorldBuilder Custom Map Help - Object does not display in actual gameplay
Devils Line replied to Vectore's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
Okay, reason why your objects don't show up and why game ends immediately after starting the map is because there is literally nothing on the map. Worldbuilder shows 0 objects. Even player start points are not there. After I added start points for players game did not end after running map. Whether you really deleted absolutely everything, or something bugged out, or whatever.... I don't know. What you can do though, if you decide to edit the original map again is to do it step by step. Delete 10-15 objects, save map, see if it works. Rinse and repeat. -
WorldBuilder Custom Map Help - Object does not display in actual gameplay
Devils Line replied to Vectore's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
Screenshot does not help at all. Compress the map folder with winrar then post the .rar file here, or alternatively upload the .rar file or all map files uncompressed somewhere else and post link here. -
WorldBuilder Custom Map Help - Object does not display in actual gameplay
Devils Line replied to Vectore's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
Post your edited map here please. -
How to make mod maps in TW?
Devils Line replied to Devils Line's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
What he wrote works. It is definitely not a virus and you keep LOL-ing. -
How to make mod maps in TW?
Devils Line replied to Devils Line's topic in Tiberium Wars / Kane's Wrath Maps & Modding
Thanks. I will try it.
