Luk3us

Top 10 things science can't explain

According to one theory I saw a few days ago on the Discovery Science channel Dark Matter and Dark Energy might not actually exist. They only appeared to exist because time is actually slowing down. The effects of time slowing down were misinterpreted as Dark Matter/Energy.

Number 8 on that list made me laugh.... I guess it is a mystery :lol:

Nice lists... amusing none the less... However sith I already beat you to the military asset in This thread on the 16th April.. an ultimate weapon of sorts, and I don't think anyone clicked the links in that post.

pish i already know about all the secret weapon projects from now back to early WW2 x3 from the metal storm project to the bat bombs o.o;

and what's so facinating about the female orgasm? it's only fair... i mean the male orgasm isn't required, it would be possible to eject semen without the pleasure from an evolutionary standpoint... simple answer is that if it wasn't pleasurable, people wouldn't do it. and it would be kind of hard to found an advanced civilisation based on nothing but rape o.o;

The male reproductive system is perfectly functional without the top half of the body. >_> No thought needed.

10: WOW signal: Interference? Sure, If you're a looney. 1977 = Star Wars release. Go figure

9: Pioneer: Did they take into account the fattening of America? Or the many largeish asteroids that we keep finding?

8: Orgasms: I'm gona agree with that last statement. And they do have an evolutionary purpose. Would men want to have sex if it was boring? Duh, of course they would. But would they rather with the girl ALSO "having at it" or not? We'll go with the "yes" answer and by simple elimination, those with/out loose out in the long run.

7: Dark Energy?: Yes it's there, but they do a terrible job of explaining it. Expansion Theory

6: Speed of Light? Answer: Tachyons. They're faster. There's a whole plethora of faster particles. The problem? Crossing the barrier, up or down.

5: Placebo: Mind over matter. Try it. Happy people rarely get sick. Ever wonder why?

4: Cold Fusion: It aint cold if it produces heat! :P Large Hadron Collider comes online later on this year, hopefully we'll get a few surprises...

3: Yawning: You got me. It supposedly helps you to "refocus" but its also ridiculously contagious.

2: Dark Matter: This should be up there with dark energy. Different, yet similar. Gravity fields will give it away.

1: Before: God playing Billiards. After...."St. Micheal!! You lost, you rack!!"

Simple

0: I'm back

Yeah, how did they not know that the placebo effect is a trick of the mind. If your mind thinks you're sick, it makes you sick; and it works in the opposite way. The mind is a peculiar animal.

i'm like that... i'm a slight hypercondriac xD i was so worried about being epileptic i made myself epileptic o.O; go figure. doctors can't explain it either XD which is a problem cos the thing that sets me off happens to be the same green colour that a nuke makes in RA2 ;.;

lol... Yeah its funny how the mind works.

"I know your thoughts..."

and we all thought Yuri was dumb...muahahaha

Indeed it is. Although the mind can only go so far. Par Example...no Yuri's have surfaced in real life (and if someone says "oh no, thats what YOU think" I'll pay them a personal visit in my Apoc ;)

yeah i remember seeing a documentory on him years ago o.O he did some pretty amazing things o.o; though it could all have been staged but i really doubt stalin would have staged anything to boost that guys performance XD

The source for Messing's claims was Messing himself.

Riiight....I think we ALL know what that means...

xD! yah i noticed that. but surely someone somewhere must have seen valid proof like that... one of the guards that let him past or something... i would say stalin but... ah well XD