Sonic

Red Alert 3 Community Summit June 2008

We have been given the all clear to officially announce the Red Alert 3 Community Summit. Taking place this week on June 11-13. CNCNZ.com and many other sites in the C&C community are preparing to invade Los Angeles. More specifically I will be making the long journey from New Zealand to the USA, visit the team at EALA and get the inside scoop on Red Alert 3 while I'm there. That's about as much details as I can give you right now.

ra3_comm_summit.png

Your more than welcome to post your questions in this news thread and when I return I will try to answer them for you, keep in mind that there will be aspects of the game I can not discuss though. Wish me luck on my trip to Los Angeles.

Good luck! Hope you have an absolutely neat trip mate :)

Is it true that outro/intro videos return?

Is the destructible ground now in or not?

Will we see real CGI battles again?

Will be any music from the 15. min. gameplay clip actually be used in the game?

How many maps will there be approx?

Does Battlecasting (And the viewer program) plus the world builder return for RA3?

Will there be any building upgrades/abilities?

Will the sides have different radar systems like Generals?

Will there be optional quests?

Do the AI profiles and unlockables return from CnC3? Perhaps now in a more extensive way?

So Sonic how many hours is the flight to Los Angeles?

11 hours 50 mins to LA. 13 hours 20 mins for the flight back to NZ. That's the only annoying thing about this trip, the flying.

Yeah, those 11 hours don't go fast either. :P

Have fun in LA, and bring back lots of info and pics. :D

Will there be CGI clips between the missions like in TibDawn/RA1?

Will any characters return from previous RA games except Tanya and Einstein? E.g. General Carville, President Michael Dugan, Lieutenant Eva, Premier Romanov, Yuri, General Vladimir, Lieutenant Zofia?

Will any other music than Hell March be remixed for RA3?

When will the beta start?

Have fun! :D

11 hours isn't that much. I took errr... about 19 hours flying from Rio de Janeiro to Los Angeles, with some pauses in Sao Paulo and Houston :P. The funny thing is the timezone changes that made my return to Rio 'take over 24 hours'. Anyway, good luck, Sonic :). You'll have a lot of fun there and I'd recommend you to drink some coke or coffee when you arrive, since you'll notice some heavy timezone changes (6 hours was already strong for me, but for you it will be more than 20 hours (!!!) ). You'll probably travel back in time without Einstein's time machine.. :lol:!

11 hours 50 mins to LA. 13 hours 20 mins for the flight back to NZ. That's the only annoying thing about this trip, the flying.

I hope you will be flying first class!

Even economy international flights are better than business national flights, so don't worry, his flight will be fine and he'll have somethings to do there.

I'm glad you're going Sonic! I bet you're spending more than the prescisely 24 hours I spent in Vegas when I went there. That was the only bit that really sucked. Getting to see westwood before it was shutdown was definately worth it. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Have fun Sonic, just read that Banshee can not make it this year, so im relying on you for awesome news :cncnz:

oh man.......thats a lot, at least who is paying for the tickets and the hotel there?

i hope they pay you...cause its unfair to do all the expensives by your self, when they invite you!

Questions for EA:

Will the Tesla Tank return or is it now replaced by the amphibious Stingray?

If the Tesla Tank no longer returns into the game, why is that so? If us, the fans, make enough noise, is there any possibility they might bring this unit back?

Guest Rabbit

EA pays for everything. Sonic won't have to pay a dime while he's there, unless he buys games from the EA store.

If you didn't already know, Sonic... PC games are 10 USD each, Console games are 20 USD each in that store.

Thanks guys, this will be last "official" post before leaving for the airport, I will try to get as much info as I can and photos etc.... its whirlwind trip though.

If you didn't already know, Sonic... PC games are 10 USD each, Console games are 20 USD each in that store.

Cheap prices, I'll take a look but I doubt I'll buy any, I'd never play them.

And the time zones.

Yeah, those 11 hours don't go fast either. :P

Have fun in LA, and bring back lots of info and pics. :D

Yes, pics or it never happened.

Thanks guys, this will be last "official" post before leaving for the airport, I will try to get as much info as I can and photos etc.... its whirlwind trip though.

Cheap prices, I'll take a look but I doubt I'll buy any, I'd never play them.

Those are really cheap. But that's how it should be for a store that only diehards go to.

its great they pay for everything, thats the right think to do.

spent the "flying" time in orginizing your queastion, set your photo camera to the BEST resolution without Blurs :P and shoot everything from the plain to the EALA building, persons, computer room, game main menu (turn the flash OFf while shooting TFTs :) ) and i hope you read somehow those lines and try to get some answers in my Q&A:

Is the Physics Engine still in the game? If so in what stage is currently complete? When should we expect videos demostrating it?

is the New SAGE engine still Multicore / hyperthreading "smart"?

is is true that the FPS was finally raised to 60FPS?will it be the exactl same in Single Player AND Multiplayer?

Are there going to be MCVs for other buildings? Example mobile Warfactory, mobile Airfield than can pack from / back to MCV mode?

How is the wall's building system going at this point? any screenshot-video? problems?

are all Empire's units trasformers? if not all can you give a percent? ex 80% of there units.

can you give us a hint about the empire building system? is it multi MCVs? or Subwater Buildings?

Edited by Johnnyxp64

If you have a layover and are hungry, find a Sbarro's. Typically they offer the best rates for airport food, and have really good/large pizzas/slices for purchase.

1. Garrison/urban combat is important to me. The unit descriptions have hinted at change over previous systems, can we expect no more widely-evailable instant-clearing attacks and instead see attacks that do one-by-one picking off garrisoned troops?

2. What infantry will be able to garrison-- basic forces RA2 style, or most infantry?

3. Where's the beer from Apoc?

4. Certain units have an amphibious aspect. What naval and air transport options are there for standard ground units?

4b. Are there any cargo-type units that could assist naval craft in crossing over land instead of finding a route around it?

5. What kinds of tech buildings can we expect to see?

6. Will there be any "influencer" type units that give bonuses to nearby allies, even as a triggered ability (think "good bark" effect)?

7. Do any ore nodes offer more valuable precious metals, or are they all identical? Do they all run out eventually, and can anybody check how much is left if so?

8. Screw softball questions. What is one reason why somebody might play Starcraft 2 instead of RA3? What is one reason why somebody might play RA3 instead of Starcraft 2? "Fanboyism" type answers are not acceptable.

9. Can we finally build walls that go down slopes, or will subtle terrain elevation changes forever leave gaps in your defensive line?

Edited by Chronojam

EA pays for everything. Sonic won't have to pay a dime while he's there, unless he buys games from the EA store.

Wow that's awsome! Even completely new ones?

Wow that's awsome! Even completely new ones?

As long as they are developed by EA. I think games that EA published but didn't develop like Crysis are a bit more, not sure though.