Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

Firefox 3

Meh, browser FF2 has bookmark toolbar + live rss feed, I'll stay.

Meh, browser FF2 has bookmark toolbar + live rss feed, I'll stay.

Firefox 3 has all that as well you know.

I've updated to Firefox 3.0 on my laptop, I really don't see much of a difference. Same old Firefox to me. From a security view point you should update to 3.0.

Firefox 3.0 has even been out for a day and its already on the list of most used browsers by visitors to CNCNZ.com.

browserspj2.png

FF3 runs amazingly well on my Macbook, it's even faster than Safari.

FF3 also supports Mozilla Weave for synchronizing bookmarks, passwords and browsing histories between computers...it works a treat, but the service is still in beta so there are occasional outages. I've found it to be very handy.

Edited by Shocker

downloaded... installing now o.o; and lawl i'm one of the people who uses AOL 9... well... aol 9VR anyway o.O

virtual_adept.jpg

lol, I saw that comic awhile back ago, but I forgotten about it. Can I have linkz0rs?

Gah, I installed FF3 and it forced itself to be my computer's default browser, even after Opera tried to set it back.

rofl, I'm waiting for the day, when you update IE and it quietly in the background unistalls all other browsers. hahah. :D

rofl, I'm waiting for the day, when you update IE and it quietly in the background unistalls all other browsers. hahah. :D

That'll be fantastic. :P

Firefox 3 has all that as well you know.

Exactly, I don't really see the point then. :P

That'll be fantastic. :P

Yep, the anti-monopoly case would be a hoot ;)

It seems to load much faster than FF2...don't like the new icons though, they're too plain.

I want someone to benchmark it. I see no difference it speed, just a new ugly interface. On a positive note, better memory usage.

I like it, I don't see what your problem is with the buttons. they're better than the FF2 buttons at least, now if only they could update the google toolbar

Edited by mormreed

It seems to load much faster than FF2...don't like the new icons though, they're too plain.

Give it a few days, I'm sure there will be a Firefox 2.0 theme for 3.0.

GAH my torrent search toolbar thing isn't compatable with 3.0 ;.; damnit i NEED that >_<; on the plus side at least my flv downloader still works >->

also i don't have the link to the comic. i just happened to find that picture on one of my funny sites a while back and downloaded it. upon seeing this topic i decided it would be perfect but all trace of this picture vanished offline. so i uploaded it myself :3

Edited by Mina Synd

GAH my torrent search toolbar thing isn't compatable with 3.0 ;.; damnit i NEED that >_<; on the plus side at least my flv downloader still works >->

How hard is it to go to isohunt or something? If you're just desperate, use http://www.torrents.to/ for Pete's sake.

Most if not all torrent clients have search engines built into them anyway. :P

FF3 crashed on me randomly. Now after re-installing FF2, that does it as well. Hmpf.

not much of a problem... and i use cncnz in aol not firefox ^^;

and i use UTorrent... no search function ;.; at least, none i've noticed. i might just have an older version or something o.O

thank you so much for that site n_n; i could look at all the torrent pages one at a time but some work for some things and some work for others. the torrent search thing i used searched over 500 torrent sites, 20 at a time everytime you click the next button o.o you could just flick between the window tabs easily y'know? call it laziness or call it memory problems, i simply wouldn't be able to remember every good torrent site n_n; so that website you linked me too should be perfect :3 danke <3

uTorrent has a search engine, its only the top right hand corner, noob. :P