Sign in to follow this  
Havoc04

turret and barrel vxls

i was making a new tank, the body looks good, so does the turret and barrel. but when i load it on the game, the turret is too low, and the barrel is on the turret, like they are stacked on. how do you raise the turret and barrel, and make the barrel rotate further away from the center?

uhh... no, i'd get it where between the barrel and the turret would be the center... its hard to explain but that wont work, i want to know how some of these modders do it

why don't you paste the section of the of the tank art on the forum and fenring can help you from there... right now it is hard to help you when you don't even know what is wrong...

I have an idea. It's probably the HVA.

Try getting an exisitng HVA from the game. Rhino works best here. Try it and if that doesn't work, it's a turret offset problem.

ok, i was replacing the apocalypse tank. i put the body in the ra2 folder. it worked. then i put the turret in the folder (with the apocalypse turret hva) and it was a low as the wheels of the tank

ok... i am also learning here... i now know how to turret thingy works... now... how does the barrel work?

ok, i was replacing the apocalypse tank. i put the body in the ra2 folder. it worked. then i put the turret in the folder (with the apocalypse turret hva) and it was a low as the wheels of the tank

That is definitely an HVA problem. You'll have to edit the one you have or get a new one. Make sure the NEW one comes from a tank with the same dimesnions or very similar ones.

ok... i am also learning here... i now know how to turret thingy works... now... how does the barrel work?

Same as the turret. Except you'll have xxxxbarl.vxl/hva.

ahh... and does the hva have to do with anything with the location of the barrel too?

No, not really. All the HVA does is tell the voxel how to animate. It can control locations of the turret and barrel and even the body itself.

do i need HVA if i am making a basic tank? or i just leave it alone? a tank with a spinning turret... and also, if i copy 1 HVA but use a different voxel, will it screw up the game?

No, how do you think we get most of our HVAs? We use existing ones. They're usually pretty solid and they'll do the job.

ALL VOXEL UNITS AND UNIT PARTS REQUIRE AN ASSOCIATED HVA!

well then... that says a lot... so... i can make a new voxel plane but use harriers right?

Right. The HVA tells voxels how to animate. The ONLY time and I mean ONLY time the HVA matters is for mech units and helicopters with rotors. Also, try not to use the Gattling Tank HVAs either. The Gattling Tank is a little special.

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now someone tells me... i was so annoyed trying to make my own HVA but i was angry that i deleted the program at least 5 times... and then reinstall it again... thank you...

no... just imagine a person in somewhat old shirt and pajamas pants dancing around the computers... that should be good enough... don't forget black haired, glasses, 6' tall, and bare foot... with a few screws on the floor... carpet ones too...