Sign in to follow this  
canc136

Tibed has stopped working...

Hello all. I just re-installed Red Alert 2 YR and TS Firestorm for fun and downloaded the recent version of TibEd so I can edit the rules.ini easily. After installing the program, I tried to run the program (e.g. tried to run Yuri's Revenge or Firestorm) but it loads up to 25% and an error comes up stating: "TibEd has stopped working." The only time it works is for C&C:Tiberian Sun(German) not C&C:Tiberian Sun(English) or if I try to run it for the games that I don't have. I re-installed it several times but it doesn't work. Help? Thanks!

Maybe it will work after reïnstalling the games.

Thanks for the suggestion but I found my answer. It seems that TibEd has errors in recognizing unicodes that are not English based (e.g. East Asian Language) so if the computer's default language is something other than English characters, or if the language of the system is changed with entirely different characters, it doesn't work.

Edit: It would be better if this minor issue is solved. But I doubt it's going to happen.

Edited by canc136

OK, if this is a Unicode problem (and TibEd 1 inherently does not have any Unicode support...), I presume there is a problem with the path to the games (because things *are* working if you open the editor for a game that is not installed).

Can you tell me what language version your Windows is? Also, what is the exact path to your Red Alert 2 game, and what is the exact path to TibEd?