Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spydr331

Voxel for tank made, but it no work?!

Guest Spydr331

i made a new voxel for a tank, now what?

i altered a voxel and renamed it, and i made a new basic tank using tibed, i named it the same as the name of the voxel and took the ifv turret and renamed that too to match... i started the game and i had the original tank, uneditted.... i figured i need the HVA files to make it work but how do i make those? and if im wrong, please correct me

oh yeah, the voxel i edited and the original tank that altered everything on in tibed are different tanks, and the one that shows up is the one i edited, not the one from tibed

Guest Spydr331

ill just be straight with ya since what i said b4 can get confusing

i took a chronominer and took off the back and saved it as a voxel

i copied a normal tank and gave it the name of the new voxel

i started to game and it was in the game but it stayed a chronominer rather than my newly edited version of it without the back

i am pretty sure i need an HVA of it but i dont know how to get it so thats probably all i need, help!

Find the Chrono Miner body and first IFV turret. Extract the voxel and the hva and rename them.

cmin.vxl -> ctnk.vxl

fvtur.vxl -> ctnktur.vxl

cmin.hva -> ctnk.hva

fvtur.hva -> ctnktur.hva

All you need to do is some renaming while you extract with the XCC Mixer.

Guest Spydr331

THATS IT?! you mean i went through all that downloading of HVA editors and such when i didnt have to?! hmmm... i dont know whether this is a good thing or a bad one, oh well, ill find out soon enough if it works!

Guest Spydr331

i did not try it yet but i looked at the chrono miner voxels... there is one for the regular miner and one for when it drops off ore... with this fact are you sure that just changing the names will work?

It won't look at the originating file. It will only look at the name, the original has no real effect.

tied to the other one so i will end here... unless of course... there are other subjects to talk about... wow... i think we are both posting messages at the same time... this is fun... ;)

i don't think no one will... when they log on... they will see like 40 new posts... and 30 of them are by you and me... lol

hey... we're both captains now... well... need to eat soon... :'( well... let's see if we can get to the next level by the end of the day...

Guest Spydr331

what is with you guys and having grand old chats in my posts?! especially when no one is talking to me... :cry:

Fenring: guess we didn't...

Spydr331: sorry man... me and fenring got a bit carry away... anyways... did you get the answer you wanted?

Lol... I never knew there was instant messaging before... a server police said not to chat like this on another server... lol... good thing he doesnt come here...

Guest Spydr331

i would have liked for the miner back to be removed and instead of that brown back being there i wanted an IFV turret, when i did what you said all i got was a chrono miner with an IFV turret on top of it, should i go back to editing or did i do something wrong?

If you have the right TurretOffset, you'll have the turrt on the back. I use the Chrono Miner with the standard IFV turret for my Chrono Tank. It's looks pretty good. :P

Guest Spydr331

thats what i wanna do! just mix around with the turret offset until it is in the right spot huh? ok ill try it... turret offset is in the rules.ini or something else?

TurretOffSet is either in the artmd.ini or the HVA... not in the rulesmd.ini... i think...