Sonic

British Actress Gemma Atkinson Starring in Red Alert 3

EA have officially announced that British actress Gemma Atkinson will be starring in Red Alert 3. She will play Lt Eva McKenna. Check out the official press release below the image.

normal_actor5.jpg

Guildford, UK - August 5, 2008 - Electronic Arts today announced that former Hollyoaks star and I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! survivor Gemma Atkinson has been unveiled as the latest star who will be appearing in Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, the highly anticipated continuation of the real-time strategy franchise.

Making her videogame acting debut, Gemma, 23, will play Lt Eva McKenna, a character familiar to fans of Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 2. A military officer with a sexy twinkle in her eye and a British stiff upper lip, Eva is a communications officer for the Allied coalition in their fight against the Soviet and Rising Sun superpowers.

The game, which takes place in an alternate timeline and imagines what would have happened if time travel had been used by both Albert Einstein and the Soviet Union, features an epic global confrontation with you at the controls of your chosen faction.

Atkinson said: "I'm a gamer and the chance to act in one of the best loved game franchises was an opportunity I was really keen to explore - especially as Eva is such a strong female character. The worlds of gaming and film are getting ever closer and as an actress I wanted to explore this exciting new area of drama, broaden my acting skills and continue the active, outgoing side of my personality that I showed in I'm A Celebrity..."

Gemma was in Hollyoaks for five years as troubled teenager Lisa Hunter. She later appeared in ITV's primetime show Soapstar Superstar and last year she bravely stepped into the Aussie jungle to battle in the bush tucker challenges in I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!. She has a role in forthcoming Brit flick Boogie Woogie alongside Jamie Winston, Christopher Lee and Heather Graham, which hits cinemas nationwide in August 2008.

EA marketing manager Stuart Lang said: "It's great to have Gemma on board for such a popular gamers' game as Command & Conquer Red Alert 3. We hope that fans of both Gemma and the Command & Conquer universe will be delighted at what they see when the game goes on sale in October. She will also be taking part in EA's Be The One event in Trafalgar Square later this year, which forms part of the London Games Festival."

The Command & Conquer franchise defined the real-time strategy genre of videogames back in 1995. It has been famed in the years since for its groundbreaking full-motion video content, featuring acting talent such as James Earl Jones, Josh Holloway, Natasha Henstridge and Michael Ironside. This year, the cast list will feature the biggest names to feature in the series so far.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 will be on sale in October for PC and Xbox 360.

Read this week's Zoo magazine for a full interview with Gemma and to see her stunning new photoshoot in the guise of her Red Alert 3 character, Lt Eva McKenna.

Gemma will be appearing at the M-Festival gaming event at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire this Friday, August 8 where she will be signing posters featuring her character and meeting fans. Go to www.i34.multiplay.co.uk for more information on the event or to book tickets*

Two wallpapers featuring Gemma Atkinson as Lt Eva McKenna are available on the Official Red Alert 3 Site as well.

ra3_ga_wp1.jpgra3_ga_wp2.jpg

Click here for more, including links to download the wallpapers.

No love for 1280x1024? Pff...

Anyways, I like the looks of her! Sexy women in C&C ftw!

lol... Nice uniform there. hehe. :P rofl.

Well its clear she has the right "assets" to be in this game ;)

In all honesty I've never heard of her. Which is good because I don't want to see any well known actors appearing the game.

Well its clear she has the right "assets" to be in this game ;)

In all honesty I've never heard of her. Which is good because I don't want to see any well known actors appearing the game.

Didn't notice this comment then Sonic???

The Command & Conquer franchise defined the real-time strategy genre of videogames back in 1995. It has been famed in the years since for its groundbreaking full-motion video content, featuring acting talent such as James Earl Jones, Josh Holloway, Natasha Henstridge and Michael Ironside. This year, the cast list will feature the biggest names to feature in the series so far.

OMG... we were all think Mila but in reality they were talking this guy!!!

bashir.jpg

Dr. Julian Bashir from Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

Alexander-siddig.jpg

Who's real name is, I kid you not,

Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig El Abderahman El Mohammed Ahmed El Abdel Karim El Mahdi...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddig_El_Tah..._Karim_El_Mahdi

(rumour) Surely the biggest name to appear in the series so far??? (rumour)

:)

My God......She has Clothes on!!!! :o

Well, at least it's official now.

This year, the cast list will feature the biggest names to feature in the series so far.

It's Milla as Tanya without a doubt. This only strengthens the case. I could go as far as saying Jet Li for the Emperor's son! :P

I doubt Milla will be in RA3. It might look like her, but then lots of blondes look like that pic in your sig.

One word: Stunning!!

Nice to see another Brit in the game other than that Maggie T. look-a-like in RA2.

Also, I take it shoes were never invented in this timeline, or is to intice foot fetish peeps to the game ??

Successful marketing almost goes hand in hand with sex appeal... if she was wearing shoes, sandals or hell even pink fluffy bunny slippers it wouldn't be the same. I've done marketing as a job, trust me... bare feet are powerful weapon when combined with a pair of long, gorgeous, smooth, luscious legs. I mean, also the position of such a short skirt is key and really is the icing on the cake. There is a cherry to go with that, but for once the images she's in, we don't actually see masses of cleavage. Although, I imagine there will be images of from Zoo magazine giving us that cherry! :P

Successful marketing almost goes hand in hand with sex appeal... if she was wearing shoes, sandals or hell even pink fluffy bunny slippers it wouldn't be the same. I've done marketing as a job, trust me... bare feet are powerful weapon when combined with a pair of long, gorgeous, smooth, luscious legs. I mean, also the position of such a short skirt is key and really is the icing on the cake. There is a cherry to go with that, but for once the images she's in, we don't actually see masses of cleavage. Although, I imagine there will be images of from Zoo magazine giving us that cherry! :P

100% agrees with this! *drools*

I prefer realism and seriousness to modern marketing tactics. Of course we all know the Red Alert universe is hardly realistic or serious. Nevertheless, from seeing this type of thing in TW/KW, I’d rather see the people wear clothes, it makes the story more believable.

I prefer realism and seriousness to modern marketing tactics. Of course we all know the Red Alert universe is hardly realistic or serious. Nevertheless, from seeing this type of thing in TW/KW, I’d rather see the people wear clothes, it makes the story more believable.

Well she is wearing clothes :P

bare feet are powerful weapon when combined with a pair of long, gorgeous, smooth, luscious legs. I mean, also the position of such a short skirt is key and really is the icing on the cake. There is a cherry to go with that, but for once the images she's in, we don't actually see masses of cleavage.

Hey I agree with Saracen - it's so rare - it's worth pointing out! :)

Cleavage is sooo cliche and overdone, long luscious legs and bare naked feet... ZOOM I'm there!

Gemma Atkinson...my God, she was recently on all those men's magazines and she was just obscene. I wonder if there is a policy that an actress has to has a big enough chest to get a part.

I'm fairly sure that if the women in the RAF started wearing these types of uniforms then enlistment would be through the roof!!

Edited by dapperdan

Madness? THIS, IS, RED ALERT!

Twas funny.