Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Red Alert 3: Premier Edition

According to GAME.co.uk there is a special edition of Red Alert 3. It's called the Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Premier Edition. A special tin box and some cool extras, oh and a copy of the actual game as well.

normal_boxart_pe.jpg

The Red Alert 3: Premier Edition includes....

• Limited edition collector's tin.
  • Five exclusive multiplayer/skirmish maps.
  • Bonus DVD featuring: Full-length Raising the Iron Curtain making-of movie with exclusive interviews from the star-studded cast, Concept art montage video (From Pens to Pixels), Bloopers and outtakes from the cinematics sessions, Women of Red Alert 3 montage video, An inside look into the future of Command & Conquer and Red Alert, Tips on how to unlock the secrets of each side, directly from the developers, Complete video walk-thru on one of the game’s hardest missions! And more!
  • Game Soundtrack including exclusive remixes of Hell March and Hell March 2 by From First to Last, plus the all-new Hell March 3.
  • Exclusive Beta Key to a future C&C game!
  • A C&C Red Alert 3-exclusive item for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (also available with the standard edition of C&C Red Alert 3).

It certainly looks a lot better that the Kane Edition of Command & Conquer 3 which I felt was somewhat disappointing. I should also mention that GAME.co.uk call it and "exclusive", but I guess it will be available everywhere else eventually.

Christ I hope they don't have the new C&C game in the works already. EA needs to take their time on their games...

Looks cool and for some reason the Russian woman on the front reminds of the GTA style boxart. She looks like a hussy... but then again, she's Russian.

beta key for future cnc game!?

Possibly a Tiberium beta.

It looks a lot better than Kane Edition, which sucked.

All the extra content in Kane Edition eventually got released to the people who didn't bought it.

All the extra content in Kane Edition eventually got released to the people who didn't bought it.

That's true, though the Kane Edition didn't really cost all that much more than the standard edition. I can imagine this will be more expensive, considering the number of extras included.

A tiberium Beta would be cool... But its an FPS... So hmm...

Yeah I'll probably get this. ^_^

That fact that it says its a "GAME.co.uk exclusive" confuses me though. I doubt EA would make a special version of the game available only to one store.

DARN it! now I have to change my order if it comes out here.>.<

Edited by Red Blitzkrieg

Yea I'm buying this for sure. I'm interested in the music and the BETA key, which I really think is for Tiberium.

Will those new 5 multilayer maps be able to be used in tournaments?

Probably not. They're be just like the ones in TW. Where only KE people could use them. No one else could.

i agree

i think the same will happen here again!

at least half of those will be 1000% for sure downable after a while, not to mention torrents the same day, and the other half will be nothing special, 1st decades for example dvd disapointed me a lot! :(

i like the extras and behind cense stuff, making of, early screenshots etc, but they are not puting lots of those anymore :(

the Special Edition should have something More Special!

i dont know but a tin box and a dvd with fun's video and 5 maps isnt enough to call it special edition!

:unsure:

maybe at an extra bonus mission or something

maybe all rendering for all units - building

maybe a t-shirt with ra3 logo in medium size :P

a doll or something from an ingame unit!

OR give you for Free the previous 2 RedAlerts!???

a sales code for ordering VGA in smaller prises :) caue lots of people are gona need :P

i dont know they should just make it more "special"

BUT the Beta key seems interesting....hmmm if the registration website will actually work and not happen the same mess like with ra3 beta codes that was registred first in a non working site and they lost their quee...

future c&c game...my money is on Generals 2! B)

Edited by Johnnyxp64

ow god

generals 2..

Well, im getting this one though.But as the same with Ra3, i wont participate in the beta.I like things to be unspoiled :mad:

I really hope that this edition will be released worldwide.

One thing that really sucked with Kane Edition was that only the US guys got the big box and the extra C&C1 preorder stuff.

Another Beta C&C game (already)?

It can't be Tiberium as even EA mentioned that won't get labeled as C&C for various reasons (though I don't remember which anymore).

Also is this Edition really game.co.uk exclusively?

Edited by ghost_zero

That fact that it says its a "GAME.co.uk exclusive" confuses me though. I doubt EA would make a special version of the game available only to one store.

Time for someone to shed some semi-official light here. One of my mate's a Manager at my local GAME store, so I asked him today about it all. Firstly, is it a GAME exclusive? Yes, it is... No other UK game retailer will be receiving such a special edition.

The reason? Publishers will often pay GAME a lot of money to help market their products. Electronic Arts & THQ respectively happen to be the publishers that pay the biggest amount per title. Thus it is common for publishers to make these special editions for GAME to significantly cut down on the payment for GAME's initial third party marketing fee. Then when GAME purchase them in bulk, they'll pay the same price as any standard edition title, and still only give back the revenue, per title, as a standard title would make also. So in turn the higher price difference GAME set for such an SE title, that extra gets put back straight into GAME's pockets rather than going to the publisher.... if you see what I mean.

Chances are though, whatever the biggest game retailer is in your region (eg. GameStop) chances are that, that particular company might also be selling a similar style special edition. Although this is at the discretion of the publisher and retailer. So that's all you can hope for... As is clear, South Africa's main retailer already have agreed with EA to the fee sidestep option.

this edition will be released worldwide.

Ea France community manager, Grégory Queste, said : this collector edition come out in France too.

This will be the first game I am going to purchase since CnC: TFD. And I am going to be hugging the box if I ever be able to get my hands on the PE.

Did you never get C&C 3 or Kane's Wrath Hagren?

You should have told me, I could have hooked you up with a free copy of C&C 3 ;)

I want to get the RA3 PE as well, I'll do some checking and see if its finding its way to New Zealand.

I bet they will elease it EVERYWHERE in the world

expect in Belgium :rolleyes:

I just wish they would have thought of including a really huge poster in the Premier Edition as well :(

Well, i can always print posters because i work in a printers xD

Reminds me, still gotta hook Sonic up with something for helping me with C&C3...