Sonic

New RA3 Character Profile - Cmdr. Warren Fuller

A new character profile has been added to the Official Red Alert 3 Site. This one takes a look at Commander Warren Fuller, played by UFC Heavyweight Champion and Hall of Famer Randy "the Natural" Couture. Like previous profiles there is information about the character, the actor, wallpapers and images.

normal_actor12.jpg

Not one for mincing words, he's survived numerous battles against the Soviet Union through regimented training, raw talent, determination, and tenacity. He's a born leader and fighter, prepared to defend the Allies' freedoms to his last breath.

Click here to read the full character profile about Commander Warren Fuller.

I love the dark shadowy portrait photo... but I can't stand the costume designer who is in charge of berets!!!

I didn't know what was wrong - so I did some reseach:

b1_1146.gif

BeretChecklist.jpg

The beret is worn so that the headband (edge binding) is straight across the forehead, one (1) inch above the eyebrows. The flash is positioned over the left eye, and the excess material is draped over to the right ear, extending to at least the top of the ear, and no lower than the middle of the ear. Soldiers will cut off the ends of the adjusting ribbon and secure the ribbon knot inside the edge binding at the back of the beret. When worn properly, the beret is formed to the shape of the head; therefore, soldiers may not wear hairstyles that cause distortion of the beret.

There's even a eight page pdf from the ARMY explaining the upcoming switch to a Beret, which talks about the correct and incorrect placement of beret, which some posted up their site.

http://www.geocities.com/michaelallengates/Beret.pdf

What country army and the switch from what? What did we/they have before berets?

lol.. Strangely enough the first thing I noticed about that pic was, "Hmm his hat doesn't look right". :P hahaha

i was a Red Beret in Army (Air Mobile Artilery Unit), and i was wondering since natasha revealed, those EA director guys never learned how to wear the Beret Properly??

have they been to the Army ever? cause in my country is obligated, not optional. :huh:

ok in the dark picture he is really good, nd generally his beret looks ok, but not acceptable my army standards!

Great found gben

Natasha's Beret is Even Worst! like she is wearing a hat for the winter...nothing special...Beret is a , how can i say that, a "holy" a respectfull "accessory" of a uniform, it should be weared Corectly!

maybe our friends at EA will come up with an excuse like "in this parallel universe, thats the "right" way to wear it !" :rolleyes: duh

generally the profile is very nice. ;)

Edited by Johnnyxp64

I think its really stupid when you guys start pointing out that they aren't wearing the berets correctly. Its just not that important to the overall picture. No one ever said Red Alert (or any C&C) was an exact portrayal of the military anyway.

Point out the positives, you might enjoy things more ;)

I think its really stupid when you guys start pointing out that they aren't wearing the berets correctly. Its just not that important to the overall picture. No one ever said Red Alert (or any C&C) was an exact portrayal of the military anyway.

Point out the positives, you might enjoy things more ;)

EA spends millions on casting and costume design and they can't make the beret look somewhat realistic?? If a soldier wore his beret like that his commanding officer would smack the **** outta him because it is disgracing the uniform. It isn't that hard for them to get it right. Maybe they should google it.

EA spends millions on casting and costume design and they can't make the beret look somewhat realistic?? If a soldier wore his beret like that his commanding officer would smack the **** outta him because it is disgracing the uniform. It isn't that hard for them to get it right. Maybe they should google it.

Totally agree with you my friend exactly as i said before, they propably think this game will be played by people that never been to the army or kids who will notice Natasha's legs most of the time and not her Beret!...well we are not all kids!

and Sonic, its not Stupid ok, if you are gona call someone like that call the cinematic directory or the costum guy that has no idea of military code and he is directing a military game!! :unsure:

we are also pointing out the positives, so please, stop defending EA ALL the time, and insulting your members like that, they are not your boss man, we are visiting this site you know, not them :mellow: (take it easy thats not a good example from an Administrator you know)

and to end this disq watching a cool hd cinematic and someone given you orders with their berets weared like condoms, well this will distruct you and make you laugh all the time and not loose all the serious atmosphear that it should be some times.

Edited by Johnnyxp64

I'd have to agree with our resident hedgehog. The fact that his beret is off center is insignificant compared to the fact they hired a UFC fighter to act.

And besides, berets are lame anyway. Chef hats are cooler.

I think authenticity is important. To say it is unimportant is sending a message that the gamers aren't intelligent enough to notice. That is a big mistake. Every time I seen an obvious flaw in a game that could have easily been avoided if someone had done a little research, I lose respect for the game, design team, and company that made it. Making the small things accurate, like a beret worn correctly, shows that they care enough about their customers to get it done right.

To those that don’t care or don’t think it matters, putting in your comments only serves to devalue a company’s commitment to producing a high quality game. I think your voiced indifference is worth less than you deem the beret.

I'm not ranting... I haven't called for a boycott of ea games or the sacking of anyone. I'm just expressing an opinion... that's what the internet's for isn't! :)

It's all about suspension of disbelief for me.

From wiki...

...refers to the willingness of a person to accept as true the premises of a work of fiction, even if they are fantastic or impossible. It also refers to the willingness of the audience to overlook the limitations of a medium, so that these do not interfere with the acceptance of those premises. According to the theory, suspension of disbelief is a quid pro quo: the audience tacitly agrees to provisionally suspend their judgment in exchange for the promise of entertainment.

When a minor but obvious mistake appears in film, I lose the 'suspension of disbelief' for the project, I lose focus on the story and instead focus on the props, or actors etc.

Minor details did this. Minor details that any self respecting costume designer should be aware of, or at least willing to research. The hallmark of great science fiction is to add a silly twist (ie. time travel to remove Hitler) and tell it a believable universe (ie. RA1). Fans of the original serious usually applaud it's serious and believable tones. If you can create a believe background, I will adopt the 'twist' more readily and willingly. When minor errors appear the 'twist' because too implausible for the me to swallow.

Although not in the service, nor a military freak, I know enough that, Military Uniform has serious protocol attached. Serious consequences for incorrect usage for men and women in active service. It's the same for salutes and flags... for instance. It's all about respect. Wearing the uniform incorrectly is a sign of disrespect... and it's this intangible attitude that is corrected (read punished!) by their peers.

In general, I think berets are dorky. So when they wear incorrectly, the wearer becomes dorky! This is my gripe. Yet every now and again, I see a serious bad-ass soldier wearing one correctly and I think... whoah I'm not messing with him. He can kill me 237 times with his little pinky before I could blink. So I'm thinking, okay, it could work, if they just wear the thing properly!

(I'm willing to concede that the actors in both cases over-ruled the costume designer because they 'knew' better, but the Director should have stepped in and supported the costume director.)

TBO the black beret is standard for US army since 2001 apparently. That information was in the pdf link above.

McKay - don't get me started on chef hat protocol!