Saracen

We're All Going To Die!

OK, it's around 12-15 hours away, the Large Hadron Collider is soon powering up, and some real history in the Physical Sciences is going to be made tomorrow.

The purpose of the experiment is to re-create conditions in the Universe moments after the Big Bang. The 27km structure will fire two proton beams, steered in opposite directions around the LHC at close to the speed of light, completing about 11,000 laps each second. We're in for one major collision in the name of Science.

So let's discuss what will the results be? Will scientists make some great new findings? Or like the apocalypse obsessed, will we all be sucked into black holes, endure massive earth quakes, and exploding planet, or be stuck in an infinite time loop?

I find such insane theories over the results of this experiment fascinating and rather amusing... so what's yours?

We were talking about this in our chemistry class today. Most people think it won't do anything, but my math teacher thinks it will spawn a tentacled black hole thing that will eat the Earth. :P

I'll back up the forum database just in case :lol:

On a black hole-proof hard drive, correct? :P

I'm hoping that it deepens our understanding of the universe and opens new doors of thought into our understanding of physics for the betterment of human kind.

Also I'm hoping the world doesn't explode as well. The odds of that happening are really small, but hey it couldn't hurt to keep our fingers crossed.

I thought it was already on...

but anyways the "black holes" it makes are far to small to to sustain and hold...

but if a random GLA rebel was to turn that baby on hi, and leave it stuck...

Miller Time.

They're doing a test, it isn't the real deal and people are freaking out.

I wonder how it's going to be when they really do it.

Well if half of Europe disappears then I think we might have to be concerned. :P

They're doing a test, it isn't the real deal and people are freaking out.

I wonder how it's going to be when they really do it.

When they"really" do it though they're going straight to max power. No low energy collisions first.

Chrono-Vortex! Argh!!!

I'm willing to put up US$10,000 that the Earth will not be destroyed. I hope someone will accept my bet.

That is a kind of win win bet for you though. :P

That is a kind of win win bet for you though.

Seriously??? Noooooo... I mean, come on... You jest!

yah aren't they powering it up fully in 2012 or something? either way if nothing has happened yet i doubt anything is gonna happen o.O but then again there was that picture of a particle accelerator and a guy that looked like gordon freeman that surfaced recently. is anyone else getting deja vu? XDDD

yah aren't they powering it up fully in 2012 or something? either way if nothing has happened yet i doubt anything is gonna happen o.O but then again there was that picture of a particle accelerator and a guy that looked like gordon freeman that surfaced recently. is anyone else getting deja vu? XDDD

Where? Pics!!!

LOL :lol: :lol: you also need to get out of our solar system and make sure the cncnz survive no matter what :)

well as you ALL see the test is over and nothing happened. But its True that there was No colision today,

the Full Experament will take place in Octomber, yea i now just when RedAlert 3 will launce to boycot it :P

i know many of you allready know those but lets make it more easy to people that dont know or have misslearened something.

ok now seriously, the truth is we DONT know lot of HOW the Black Holes actually are been created! we only belive and have proofs about the 30-50% of their creation, which is this:

i will say it as simple as possible forgive me for my mistakes :)

when a Star is dieying and colapses the mass somewhow "eats it self" cause it reaches "singularity point" as they call it, in other simplier worlds

the star mass (wich is usually huge like planets) when does it shrinks into the size of Atom! and smaller! (you only can see that size by using special electronic microscopes)

all that gravity which is shringed into such a "small-tiny" place it produces such huge powers that creates a "hole" that captures "eats" anything EVEN light! than can travel with ~386.000kmph

some belive this hole is a hole to an other universe, and going throught it will only "travel" you to an other universe similar or completly different than ours with compltetly different Rules! BUT we canT send anything into a black hole cause NOTHING that we Build or is known to us can Survive the power and "pressure" when is consumed by this hole!

at least Not yet! damn i wish i could travel back and forth a black hole and tell the story :D

the sure thing so far is that what dies it dies to creat life - mater - planets dark energy etc into an other place again.

a very simply example is try to imagine you have a Mammoth Tank, that weights what? 10tones? and its huge about 7x3mitters? now imagine it shrink with a shrink bean in RA3! :P then take that tank and place it over water! a normal size tank of the same weight will take lets say 5seconds to get to tha botom of the sea, but the same Shrink tank will take 0,1seconds just bicause its tiny and has no mass to resist in the water! in both cases the Vortex wil be created spining arround and "eating" anything there until is some how full, or an other greater force wil stop that.

try to fill your bath with water and then remove the "cup" that closes the hole and prevent the water to leave, see ater a while that a Vortex arround that hole is created! to stop it you have to push water into the OPOSITE direction faster than the vortex is turning, or close the hole again!

if you try it again with a glass of water only, there is not enough speed-energy and power and mass of water to cause the vortex and if a tiny will apear it will kill it self almost instantly.

like a tornado eye.

i know its sounds silly, but something like that happens when a star Dies and creates a black hole! not every death creates a hole, Why? because it has to be a significant big star and produce a LOT of power-energy while dying and some other sintific stuff, in order all that to create the possibility of creating a black hole in its place!

to sum up, The CERN exp DOESNT HAVE the Power to Creat such Black HOles that will EAT our planet and then the solar system, and etc. ITS really too weak to achive something that a huge dying star can achive!

BUT it might be able to create tiny tiny tiny black halls for milliseconds! such a tiny tiny (unable to been seen by the eye) black hole, in ORDER to KEEP growing it MUST have "fuell" to use and EAT, so it could KEEP it self "alive"! if its toooooo small it kills it self! if enything goes wrong the LHC will shutdown not allowing a hole to be kept alive!

if such tiny black hole will be made for 1 millisecond it will not have the change to find anything to eat, or full, for such a sort period of time and it will collapse!

Worst Case Senario the thousend of brilliand Scients are made ALL a tiny Mathimatical mistake, just a number or a digit, AND black hole ABLE to substain them self are Been produced in the LHC, they will kill them using a Hopicns theory.

My only concern is that this theory never verified so far,but he says that there is no danger and i trust him he explained prety right black hole for the last years!, but Einstain said that if you cant kill a black hole by using that theory i think...and so far his theories are proven to be corect, but not all of them!

to Sum up again LOTs of things MUST BE and GO Totally WRONG and ALL their calculations must be completly wrong, in order to creat a catastrophic Black Hole!

their is NO WAY ALL will be wrong! NO WAY! we play with unexplored stuff? YES we do, but hey we have to LEARN, and dont worry there are not ALL those great Minds WRONG!

Columbus started for India withought having NO idea where he was going and he found America! today we now 10000000000% more stuff before doing that expirament than Colombus knew before traveling to the ocean.

those who belive otherwise are just jelous not taking Part into this Great Historic Expirament!

the Perpous of it is well known, but i dont care about the atom "of God" that they try to find, i want to Explain What the Heck is the DARK matter and DARK energy that is 70-80% of our universe and keeps it expanding!!!?

if it was That much Risky and Unsafe Presidents and Sientistc and all people with talents would have been transfered into a Other Solar System and Planet to Leave and planet, cause this system will be Gone, i havent seen anybody going not even in the IIS,,,have you?

Relax and Enjoy the Ride ;-)

phew that was boring right :rolleyes: apologies

Edited by Johnnyxp64

tl;dr version?

also we didn't die btw (unless CNCNZ is heaven...)

lol, PM second image. XD

done.

also we didn't die btw (unless CNCNZ is heaven...)

Then how long have we been dead for? :unsure:

Revised version.

LOL :lol: :lol: you also need to get out of our solar system and make sure CNCNZ survives no matter what :)

Well, as you ALL see the test is over and nothing happened, but it’s True that there was No collision today,

the Full Experiment will take place in October, yeah, I know, just when Red Alert 3 will launch to boycott it. :P

I know many of you already know this, but let’s make it easier for people that don’t know or have miss-learned something.

Ok, now seriously, the truth is we DON’T know a lot of HOW the Black Holes actually are being created! We only believe we know and have theoretical proofs of about 30-50% of their creation, which is this:

I will say it as simply as possible, forgive me for my mistakes (*1) :)

When a Star is dying and collapses the mass somehow "eats itself" causing it to reach "singularity point" as they call it, in other simpler words,

when the star mass (which is usually huge like planets) does, it shrinks into the size of an Atom! and smaller! (you only can see that size by using special electron microscopes)

All that gravity which is shrunk into such a "small-tiny" place it produces such huge powers that creates a "hole" that captures, or "eats", anything, EVEN light! That can travel at ~386.000 mph (*2).

Some believe this hole is a hole to another universe, and going through it will only "travel" you to another universe similar or completely different than ours with completely different Rules! BUT, we can’t send anything into a black hole, because NOTHING that we Build or is known to us can Survive the power and "pressure" when it is consumed by this hole!

…at least Not yet! Damn, I wish I could travel back and forth through a black hole and tell the story :D

The sure thing so far, is that what dies, dies to create life - matter -, planets, dark energy, etc. into another place again.

A very simply example, is try to imagine you have a Mammoth Tank, that weights what? 75 tones (*3)? It’s huge, about 8x5 meters (*4)? Now imagine it shrink with a shrink beam in RA3! :P then take that tank and place it over water! a normal-sized tank of the same weight will take, let’s say 5 seconds to get to the bottom of the sea, but the same Shrunken tank will take 0.1 seconds just because it’s tiny and has no mass to resist in the water! In both cases, a Vortex will be created, spinning around and "eating" anything there until it is somehow full, or another, greater force will stop that.

Try to fill your bath with water and then remove the plug that closes the hole to prevent the water from draining. See that after a while, a Vortex around that hole is formed! To stop it you have to push water in the OPPOSITE direction faster than the vortex is turning, or close the hole again!

If you try it again with a glass of water only, there is not enough speed-energy, power, and mass of water to cause the vortex and if a tiny whirlpool will appear, it will kill itself almost instantly.

Like a tornado eye.

I know it sounds silly, but something like that happens when a star Dies and creates a black hole! Not every death creates a hole. Why? Because it has to be a significantly big star and produce a LOT of power-energy while dying, and some other scientific stuff, and in order. All that to create the possibility of creating a black hole in its place!

To sum up, The CERN exp DOESN’T HAVE the Power to Create such Black Holes that will EAT our planet and then the solar system, and etc. IT’S really too weak to achieve something that a huge dying star can achieve!

BUT, it might be able to create tiny, tiny, tiny black holes for milliseconds! Such a tiny, tiny (unable to been seen by the eye) black hole, in ORDER to KEEP growing, it MUST have "fuel" to use and EAT, so it could KEEP itself "alive"! If its toooooo small, it kills itself! If anything goes wrong, the LHC will shutdown, not allowing a hole to be kept alive!

If such tiny black hole will be made for 1 millisecond, it will not have the chance to find anything to eat, or fuel, for such a sort period of time and it will collapse!

Worst Case Scenario, the thousands of brilliant Scientists have ALL made a tiny Mathematical mistake, just a number or a digit, AND black holes which are ABLE to sustain themselves are Being produced in the LHC, they will then kill them using Hawking’s (*5) theory.

My only concern is that this theory has never been verified so far, but he says that there is no danger, and I trust him. He explained black holes pretty well for the last several years! but Einstein said that you can’t kill a black hole by using that theory, I think... and so far, his theories are proven to be correct, but not all of them!

To Sum up again, LOTs of things MUST BE, and GO, Totally WRONG and ALL their calculations must be completely wrong, in order to create a catastrophic Black Hole!

There is NO WAY ALL will be wrong! NO WAY! We play with unexplored stuff? YES, we do, but hey, we have to LEARN, and don’t worry, there are no way ALL those great Minds are WRONG!

Columbus started for India without having ANY idea where he was going, and he found America! Today we know 10,000,000,000% more stuff before doing that experiment than Columbus knew before traveling across the ocean.

Those who believe otherwise are just jealous in not taking Part in this Great Historic Experiment!

The Purpose of it is well known, but I don’t care about the atom "of God" that they try to find, I want to Explain What the Heck is the DARK matter and DARK energy that is 70-80% of our universe and keeps it expanding!!!?

If it was That Risky and Unsafe, Presidents and Scientists and all people with talents, would have been transferred into Another Solar System and Planet to Live, because this system will be Gone, I haven’t seen anybody going, not even in the IIS… have you?

Relax and Enjoy the Ride ;-)

Phew that was boring, right? :rolleyes: apologies…

*1 You are forgiven for your mistakes, but not left uncorrected.

*2 You said kmph, this distance is, however, the speed of light in miles.

*3 You said a mammoth tank might weigh 10 tones, this is highly underestimated.

*4 You said a mammoth tank’s dimensions might be 7x3 meters, also underestimated.

*5 You said Hopicns, I believe you were talking about Stephen Hawking, a lead British scientist working on the LHC.

Well if half of Europe disappears then I think we might have to be concerned. :P

No we won't

No we won't

Damn you, I just laughed really hard and woke up my mom.

Thanks, ***hole ;)

Revised version.

*1 You are forgiven for your mistakes, but not left uncorrected.

*2 You said kmph, this distance is, however, the speed of light in miles.

*3 You said a mammoth tank might weigh 10 tones, this is highly underestimated.

*4 You said a mammoth tank’s dimensions might be 7x3 meters, also underestimated.

*5 You said Hopicns, I believe you were talking about Stephen Hawking, a lead British scientist working on the LHC.

1=thank you :)

2=actually we dont use miles we use kph to mesure speed/distance more in Europe, so thats why i used it ;)

3=lol you are correct in that...maybe 20?

4=lol also correct in real life how long could it be really? :unsure:

5=Yes correct. tnx

2=actually we dont use miles we use kph to mesure speed/distance more in Europe, so thats why i used it ;)

3=lol you are correct in that...maybe 20?

4=lol also correct in real life how long could it be really? :unsure:

2: I actually made a mistake, I don't know what the number you gave is, but the speed of light is 1,079,252,848.8 kilometers per hour.

3&4: I gave my estimates in the revised version. My numbers are still approximations since mammoth tanks do not exist.

y'know we all claim to know a lot of stuff... but then again when this LHC is really switched on full it might throw all of our beliefs into confusion. have we ever made a black hole before? so how do we know it ONLY requires that level of power. there could be tiny black holes out there too... we just haven't explored the universe enough to see them. there could be anything out there. i doubt anything would happen when it's turned on full, but chances are something will go wrong and it'll be fantastically oversized o.o because something ALWAYS goes wrong. there will always be something someone hasn't thought of... let's just hope it's not a REAL MAJOR screwup. if it's something minor we probably won't even hear about it for a decade or two because they'd be so scared of the populous becoming panicked and getting the project shut down o.o