Saracen

We're All Going To Die!

What facts? I want to here them.

As a prerequisite in answering this, as I always do, I researched the latest theories and have discovered that the official Big Bang theory no longer covers anything previous to the explosion of all matter. Before that instant, it is accepted simply as unknown. Thus, the Big Bang is no longer the beginning, it is only a midstream step in shaping the universe.

This is very interesting, they have dropped their beliefs in origin and are now only saying, it happened, we don't know how, or care actually, because it obviously happened somehow, see? We have evidence of it.

I know that the theoretical events proceeding up to the Big Bang were flawed and impossible, however, since they decided to simply drop them, I can't debate what they don't provide.

I suppose that the Big Bang theory isn't outdated anymore as I had accused it, now it is just broken.

The Steady State theory. In other words, the belief that the universe has and always will exist. While being disproved with many theoretical flaws therefore, (due to microwave radiation left from the big bang).. how about elaborating on that and heading towards the Quasi Steady state theory (which was another flawed theory developed by the same scientists to patch up the Steady state theory)... I wanna see your take on that.

I do not need to prove theories wrong when they have already been proven wrong.

My arguments against the Big Bang theory no longer matter because the Big Bang is not the theory of origins anymore, it is the theory of universal shaping.

The whole point in this LHC experiment is to find the missing links and to strengthen the big bang theory, possibly on route to making it scientific fact.

Unfortunately, the LHC is not going to explain events leading up to the Big Bang, it could only prove the aftereffects. Since there is no justification of before, then the Big Bang can not be elevated to fact until they do.

Maybe Christians are half right and God had a bad weekend out with too many beers a few million billion years ago and puked his guts up into a vacuum. The result being that he ended up drowning and dying in his own vomit. We're just sitting on his large crusty hot gravitational puke... who the hell knows!

...And you thought I might look like an idiot.

Could have went with the easy response and said, "God did it!" ;):P

'Easy response' is relative. Yes, it is easy to say 'God did it', but then you must explain how God did it, why God did it, when God did it.

As far as the current Big Bang theory is concerned, right now they are saying 'It happened'. By the context of easy responses, this also fits.

I just wanted to say...

Saracen, that picture of Vanessa Branch is freakin hot...

Most Shodirkadirkan men find that irresistable...

so what is your explaination of the beginning of the universe? because you're just being avoidant and denying the big bang. if you believe in another theory, announce it and your reasons for believeing. until then i might just be more sticking with the big bang. because it hasn't been disproved yet and it looks promising o.o

so what is your explaination of the beginning of the universe? because you're just being avoidant and denying the big bang. if you believe in another theory, announce it and your reasons for believeing. until then i might just be more sticking with the big bang. because it hasn't been disproved yet and it looks promising o.o

Yes, I am being avoidant, and that isn't changing. Like I said before, my personal beliefs are reserved for real life only, an internet forum is not the place to discuss them. I will debate theories, but I will not say which belief is mine. Not even if you ask nicely.

If you read my previous posts though, you should have seen that the Big Bang is not an 'explaination of the beginning of the universe' anymore. I wasn't kidding, I researched the latest Big Bang theories, the scientists have classified events prior to the actual explosion (Big Bang) of matter as unknown.

The pre-explosion of the Big Bang was the part of the theory I had a problem with, since they dropped that, I no longer have proof against it (as of now, don’t worry, I will not let it pass without proper examination first). This solves their problem by losing the flaws, but unfortunately for them, now there is nothing to explain why the Big Bang occurred and I find it very unlikely the LHC experiments will help them come up with a reason.

Yes, I am being avoidant, and that isn't changing. Like I said before, my personal beliefs are reserved for real life only, an internet forum is not the place to discuss them. I will debate theories, but I will not say which belief is mine. Not even if you ask nicely.

That's absurd.

If you read my previous posts though, you should have seen that the Big Bang is not an 'explaination of the beginning of the universe' anymore. I wasn't kidding, I researched the latest Big Bang theories, the scientists have classified events prior to the actual explosion (Big Bang) of matter as unknown.

The pre-explosion of the Big Bang was the part of the theory I had a problem with, since they dropped that, I no longer have proof against it (as of now, don’t worry, I will not let it pass without proper examination first). This solves their problem by losing the flaws, but unfortunately for them, now there is nothing to explain why the Big Bang occurred and I find it very unlikely the LHC experiments will help them come up with a reason.

I understand where you're coming from, however I believe the Big Bang is the most reasonable explanation to date and even though we don't know how or why it happened, we can be almost certain the Big Bang occurred. Again, the evidence for the Big Bang is plentiful and there isn't another theory with nearly as much supporting evidence.

I get where N is coming from that the Big Bang caused the expansion but not the creation. That's another thing entirely. However, the fact he consistently avoids sharing his beliefs raises the bull**** alarm. Sorry N, but if you can't back up your responses, you're a moron...

Sorry N, but if you can't back up your responses, you're a moron...

Which responses are you refering to? Did you notice where I said

The pre-explosion of the Big Bang was the part of the theory I had a problem with, since they dropped that, I no longer have proof against it.

I am not bringing forth anything now, because they ditched the prior-to off the Big Bang theory. If I find something new, I will present it, but as of this time I am not trying to back up anything, because I am not currently debating its plausability. Right now, all I am pointing out is that the Big Bang theory has been broken.

To illustrate what I mean,

The former Big Bang theory (simplified):

BigBang1.jpgBigBang2.jpgBigBang3.jpg

Step 1: All existing energy and matter condenses into a tiny area (sizes varied)

Step 2: The explosion occurs

Step 3: The matter spreads outward and the universe is 'born'

Current Big Bang theory (simplified):

BigBang4.jpgBigBang2.jpgBigBang3.jpg

Step 1: Unknown

Step 2: The explosion occurs

Step 3: The matter spreads outward and the universe is 'born'

to me the current big bang theory makes even more sense. because saying matter condenses it just random and is too easy to debunk. if there is just an explosion, i can believe that. we don't yet know what caused the explosion that's all... it could be anything. it could range from matter condension, to god's finger to extremely advanced aliens screwing about with an LHC and wiping their own existance out in a universal explosion XD we just don't know... it could be anything X3; there is probably some universe creating device or insanely large explosion creating device, we're just not technically advanced enough to know of it yet. like trying to explain a nuke to a pre-cannon/musket society. our minds just can't comprehend it :3 that's my theory anyway...

Sorry N, but if you can't back up your responses, you're a moron...

As my English teacher would say, that's an argumentum ad hominem ;)

Obviously he is quite intelligent, as we can see by how he presents his arguments; however, you ARE cheating by not giving us something to argue against Nmeth :P

But seriously guys, if no one can explain how the matter which caused the Big Bang came to be, it's a useless theory...

But seriously guys, if no one can explain how the matter which caused the Big Bang came to be, it's a useless theory...

And why is it useless?

No one can explain how God came to be yet billions believe in one. Useless, no?

Edit: Sonic.. I know.. religious debates no no, but please... if we can keep it civilized? If it goes south someone can just lock it (myself included if I feel it's going that way).

I'll make it simple. You don't explain it.

Stuff exist.. nuff said...

Now someone help me load some TNT and detonator near the base foundation of this forum...

Hurry, I got more stuff to break...

See 2nd test is already done a week ago (that's why I posted) and yet some keep believing something wouldhappen *slaps his head*

You wanna discuss relegion?

My opinion is,

1. That people saw it as an easy way to know how they were "created"

2. When someone dies it's easier to accept if you believe he'll live peacfully in a perfect world (or something like that)

I can't come up with other things right now :/

Oh, yes I'm an atheist btw ;)

You wanna discuss relegion?

Yes, but only in the context of this discussion. I don't really care for the other stuff you believe if it doesn't pertain to this discussion about the beginning the universe. Let's keep it on track there.

Ok,...

I just heard on the radio there was a technical problem with the LHC, don't know the exact details though.

No one can explain how God came to be yet billions believe in one. Useless, no?
Well, billions don't believe in the same god, but I get your point; however, from what I believe, God never 'came to be'; rather, he has and will always exist.

I'll make it simple. You don't explain it.

Which makes the Big Bang as much a leap of faith as any religion (say, Christianity) ;)

Now, if you guys have the time to spend on it, here's a video which I think you would find interesting (it's an hour long though, so be warned)

Edited by F15pilotX

From what my physics teacher said, I guess they're trying to recreate particles even smaller than electrons and protons and whatnot, they do this by stripping electrons (greena nd blue circles) from atoms then flinging them around the tube (yellow area) until they crash into each other, then sensors on the outside of the tube (red area) record energy (green and blue dots) in the sectors (purple areas), because tiny particles only exist for a matter of nanoseconds because they recombine into larger particles.

particleaccelerator.png

From what my physics teacher said, I guess they're trying to recreate particles even smaller than electrons and protons and whatnot, they do this by stripping electrons (greena nd blue circles) from atoms then flinging them around the tube (yellow area) until they crash into each other, then sensors on the outside of the tube (red area) record energy (green and blue dots) in the sectors (purple areas), because tiny particles only exist for a matter of nanoseconds because they recombine into larger particles.

particleaccelerator.png

It's crazy how small of stuff they can mess with......

And yet it goes smaller than that... accept that particles are infinitely smaller than the one before it and move on. Damn.