Survey:  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Have you gotten Spore? (don't answer others if this one is no plz)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How would you rate it?

3. 3. How do you feel about it?

• It exceeded my expectations! Awesome!
    • I got what I thought I would...glad I got it.
    • Eh, not as good as I thought it would be....
    • It was a waste of money. I want a refund!

Yeah i will be getting it

Players only see how innovative the editors are, repsectively how cuddly the creatures look, but overlook how limited and dull the gameplay is. German PC magazines did not and gave Spore something around 75%

Yeah, but the Krauts aren't happy unless they're murdering robots in an RTS fashion... they're not partial to killing animals or humans... and well, strange creatures are OK, but they act like real organic matter! They don't die like robots do!

Looks like I might give this a quick review when I get it... If I give the game a real critical hammering, then we'll see if the top UK gaming mag is correct, or these robot slaying sauerkrauts. I love Sim/God games, and I love RTS games. So I'll play it over the weekend and give a proper verdict.

Yeah, but the Krauts aren't happy unless they're murdering robots in an RTS fashion... they're not partial to killing animals or humans... and well, strange creatures are OK, but they act like real organic matter! They don't die like robots do!

Looks like I might give this a quick review when I get it... If I give the game a real critical hammering, then we'll see if the top UK gaming mag is correct, or these robot slaying sauerkrauts. I love Sim/God games, and I love RTS games. So I'll play it over the weekend and give a proper verdict.

I see what you did there, but it's not the reviewers who want the games to be censored, it's the politicians :)

Heh, when I saw this topic, in the 'Last Posted' box, my first thought was "Did someone really....?" :P

But ya know what, I'm glad ya did Saracen! I'm not going to preorder since it's coming out in four days, but I can't wait to get it :D

This'll be interesting though, since I got SoSA but didn't really enjoy it...I think it'll be different with Spore. I'll be waiting for your review as well Saracen ;)

------------

For the lazy people, here are some links to spore videos: (Propaganda? Of course! :P)

E3 Stage Show Demo: Standard Def

Gameplay Movie 2: SD HD - Tribes fight each other

Gameplay Movie 3: SD HD - Building a village

Gameplay Movie 4: SD HD - Tribes use diplomacy

Gameplay Movie 5: SD HD - Growth in the tribal phase

Edited by F15pilotX

Hey guys, I have it in my hand! It's gonna be a long weekend that's for sure... I haven't picked up just spore, I've picked up the "Galactic Edition". I have to say this is a pretty damn neat package in comparison to some Special Editions I've picked up over the years... here's the contents:

• Full Standard DVD Edition of Spore
  • A Making of DVD detailing every step of the long development cycle
  • "How to build a Better Being" DVD - A National Geographic documentry on Spore with references to real life beings
  • The Art Of Spore - A 120 Page Hardback Book
  • Fold-out Spore Poster
  • A Premium 100 Page Galactic Handbook - The Manual, but about 60 times more in depth. (Effectively a Game Strategy Guide)
3 DVDs, 2 chunky books and a poster... That's Sporegasmic!!! (see what I did there!) :P

But yeah, when you go to pick up your copy, be sure to look out for this Galactic Edition in your Region. You certainly get your money's worth!

Right, I'm going to install this sucker on my machine!

i just got home from southend, also with the galactic edition =D it's teasing me in it's bigass chunky box <.< just laying there on my bed looking all sexy. but i can't play until after my care co-ordinator visits at 12 ; - ; so i have to just stare at the box for an hour or two...

There's currently a problem with Online Key authentication for Europe... I'm on the EAUK official Spore forums right now, and the EA Community Manager there is going nuts trying to resolve the problem.

You can play it offline, but you'll be severely limited to what populates your game world, and it won't be long before you see the same creatures over and over.... So I'm not starting a new game until a resolution is found.. I'll keep this thread updated if a work-around or patch is released.

There's a hell of a lot of angry customers out there right now, that's all I can say!

Update: At around 22:35 GMT, the server is up and running perfectly... EA once again prove that they can do what they set out to do, and a good job they've done too.

it's up now? =D yey this weekend will be good afterall ^_^ i was starting to freak that they'd never get it working until monday... well. i checked the forums and there were still people complaining so i'm not getting my hopes up yet. i have a few things i can do before playing but here's hoping for the best o - o

Hmm the game looks interesting enough. Might have to grab a copy sometime.

lol I got it, played till tribal phase. Tribal phase was really funny and fun, so was Cell. Creature was a bit boring though.

i think i'm gonna have to start over. i didn't realise it automatically decided your type depending on what you did... in cell i was an omnivore but i could hardly find any plants so i got written off as a predator. i really didn't wanna be a predator so i've ended up in a downward spiral in creature of trying to be nice to everyone and starving to death XD; i had to resort to hunting the races that were automatically peeved at me o.o; and after a little while i reached a point where i didn't have enough skill to kill everything and i couldn't get enough social things as predator so i couldn't make friends :\ i'm gonna have to restart ;-;

Space mode is so boring. >_<

47ce69d08dec731e52b2435e5ca1c679.png

Overview of my species existence.

Edited by Louis EX

dood... i haven't got past creature mode yet. but i've hardly been playing it o.o i've opened tribal mode but i don't wanna skip ahead to it yet... luckily i discovered once you've been there you get to choose what you wanna be n_n so i could be an omnivore and start making a more sociable creature :3 dood. i got attacked by an epic dodo o.o it picked me up, tried to eat me and when it couldn't completely eat me it threw me. i landed in the middle of a nest of critters that happened to be really angry at me XDDD i didn't get out in time. fear my klutziness... all because the dodo had a lot of dna parts near him and i got a little TOO adventureous XD

try to have as much fun in cell, creature and tribal while you can. When it reaches civilization and space, the game isn't cute anymore :(

I've been supremely aggressive all the way through, and now it's coming back to haunt me in the Civilisation mode. I'm toe to toe with the final civilisation, and Spice is running rather thin. All attempts of diplomatic alliance have failed, the enemy is far from prone to religious takeover, and economic victory is far from possible given I'm having to defend heavily right now against attacks on my main city.

All good fun though. I'm enjoying it, even if it's a bit thin on fun at times.

I was disappointed with civilization phase