Sign in to follow this  
leonil7

Hierarchy - Unlimited Walkers

Finished the game. Never liked the Hierarchy faction, easy to defeat. Limited walker bots esp if you want them to be assault bots.

Here's a funny hack I made. It makes:

1. All your Walkers walk faster (2x)

2. All your walkers see farther (larger FOW revealed), obviously because they are giants!

3. Unlimited walker (>3). Build any amount of walker you like! depending on your resources and strategy.

How to:

1. Download the file : here

2. Go to //Universe at war folder/Data & find/rename your config.meg - to keep it as original.

3. Copy the config.meg downloaded in the same folder. Done!

4. If you want to go back to your original settings, just remove the config.meg & find/rename your original copy.

Tested only with v1.00.90977. It might work with other versions, but I dont have time to test it.

Cheers! Hope you like it !

Now when those science walkers come to life with their cascade weapons online... Burn baby burn! :)

leonil7

How did you recompile the .meg file? I was trying to find out how to mod, found the instruction that said if I place the files in the game directory (for me C:\Games\Universe At War Earth Assault) under its same directory structure as in the .meg file it will work.

To try it I changed Novus_veh_constructor.xml to make it cheaper. In the .meg file it is in Data\Xml\Units so i put my changed xml file in C:\Games\Universe At War Earth Assault\Data\Xml\Units

Is that the right way to do it? because that didn't work for me :(