Nmenth

Empire in RA3

Empire's involvement in RA3  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How much of the storyline do you think the Empire will get?

• They will be cheated, the game will primarily focus on Soviets and Allies.
    • The factions will all probably have an equal share in the story.
    • The Empire is going to be the new main focus, taking it away from Soviets and Allies.
  2. 2. Considering this is the Empire's first appearance in the RA universe, how much storyline do you think they deserve?

• Soviets and Allies have always been around, they should be the main focus.
    • All factions ought to be involved equally.
    • We know nothing about the Empire so far, they need more focus to get caught up.

I was wondering what other people thought about the Empire's involvement.

I've heard some speculation about this, so now I want to see it polled.

In my opinion, the Empire will be revealed after a couple missions (in the Soviet and Allied campaigns) where they will then enter the spotlight for the majority of the game.

However, I'd rather see more of the Soviet and Allies, I'd prefer that the Empire's new involvement does not interfere with furthering the Soviet/Allied conflict.

I'm gonna be frank here. And t his applies to all RTS games in general and not just RA3 here.

But I'm really finding myself increasingly ticked off with the 3 faction system. It's become as cliche as Good Vs Evil or Light Vs Dark. Since, really has there been a written rule that 3 factions should be the norm? Just because Blizzard made Starcraft, that's why.

I think Act of War got it right. There were 3 factions, but still only 2 sides in the War. On one side you had the US Army, and then an advanced technology faction and then on the other side you had the Consortium which mixed Traditional Russian weaponry with advanced technology. It was actually very well balanced. In fact, if you wondered where the sattelite drop in RA3 came from, just look at the consortium's superweapon ;)

I miss the atmosphere of unplayable sides in the campaign :(

Edited by Inferno

I think they will introduced in similar fashion as the Scrin were in C&C3 (hopefully in a better way), around mid to late during the Allies and Soviet campaigns. They will probably have a shorter Empire campaign which will be continued in the expansion pack that will primarily focus on the Empire of the Rising Sun

By the looks of things thus far, the Allies and Soviets will get a bigger share of things.

It would seem the Allies especially. But who knows. :)

I'll I want is a campaign that keeps me interested for more than the first 3-4 missions. The amount of "screen time" for each faction doesn't bother me.

Hmm, let's see how it goes. From the first time I saw and including the profiles aren't much. I say is not looking good, although fewer characters may seem so-so. But other cons I got from it are :

1. No actress for Yuriko

2. 3 co-op generals may most likely CGI or either by using existing characters

No. 2 is what I'm worried the most, Suki is the EVA around, similar to the Soviet one, EVA characters should not play as the generals. The Allied side is complete, but the Soviet is missing 1 general (Not including the Soviet EVA & Cherdenko). Empire either missing all of them or either only 2 because Prince Tatsu may become 1 of your co-op generals. So far, I hope the other 2 generals rather not be either Suki & Yoshiro, it's just not balanced.

A lot of the Empire stuff like characters, actress for Yuriko Omega etc.... are probably being kept under wraps. After all don't you want some surprises when your playing through the campaigns?

EALA doesn't believe in surprises, they believe in over-hype remember! ;)

But I seriously doubt that they will use CGI for generals.

Just a few actors and a few standard lines in the vein of the RA2 MP taunts is all they need to do...

"Tally-Ho boys... I'm attacking!"

"Dude - get your but over here and rescue me... or at least email those cheat codes you seem to be using!"

etc

That's what I was afraid of, gben. Surprise or not, when the Empire generals are nothing but CGI or using Suki & Yoshiro as the generals, it'll be a disgrace just like how Yuri's Revenge turns out. Expansions pack are reasonable to have secondary characters (In that case, Boris) not played by actors, but RA3 is NOT an expansion pack, the generals can never be CGIs.

Um... I was trying to say that they *will* use real actors. They will probably splash up on the radar screen like a SP intelligence update and make the one liner "I'm attacking".

Zero Hour had seperate, distinct Generals for the challenge mode, but then again it didn't exactly have a SP campaign. I think it will be a plus for the CO-OP generals to feature in the SP FMV storyline. Just like the RA2 Allied general was our own beloved Carville.

I know, that's what I was afraid of, you may never know that EA can never promise anything just like Apoc mentioned that they cannot promise us a RA3 demo.

So far, I hope the co-op generals I'll be looking to, most importantly better NOT are the EVAs & faction leaders. The Empire video we saw that Suki came in sounds like as though she's one of the generals, which worries me. :(

um...

(scratches head)

um...

So you're saying you want FMV from at least 3 or 4 other actors NOT shown in the SP missions per faction???

I know EA has a big Budget - but it's highly unlikely they could afford shoot footage of twelve MORE actors on top of their already large cast for the SP FMV's!!!

I know, that's what I was afraid of that may happen, even if they keep the budget at a reasonable rate without have to pay too much on Hollywood actors. I wonder if non-famous ones are lower in cost, such as Westwood did with their actors in the past C&C games.

Don't worry, my friend. I'm not like begging EA to fix this issue. All I only got is anxiety of what might turns up in the future. But once the game release and I play it, I'll just say, oh well, what's done is done and is nothing to worry about anymore. That's it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Silverthorn

I think that the Empire will be short-changed (Qn 1) like Scrin but they deserve to be equally treated... (Qn 2)

Edit: I am starting to think that there will be no more FMV characters for Empire...which is sad, no Yuriko...:(

Edited by spark