Sign in to follow this  
BlyTwo

C&C units

Hey, i notice that in all the C&C games besides Generals all the units got weirder and weirder. They started out as APC's Humvee's and MA1 Abrams tanks (medium tank) in :cc: then went to mechs and Disk Throwers :ts: , then to Avatars and Scorpion tanks :cc3: what is next???

Maybe like mechs that can fuse together to make a giant redeemer like thing? :huh:

In each new game the time line has progressed, and as it does in real life, technology improves. So yeah the units get stranger and more odd looking but that's probably because the dev teams are looking to make the game different to the one's that came before it. While a lot of these "different" units appear, the core group of units are present in all the C&C game in one form or another.

Like every C&C game has always had a beast of tank like the Mammoth Tank in C&C/RA/Renegade, Apocalypse Tanks in RA2/RA3, Overlord Tanks in Generals.

Well.. im also a bit confused here.

Units from C&C3 looks more advanced (to me) than the units in TS

yet the apocalyptic atmosphere vanished totally when C&C3 was made,. even though it's supposed to be later it just seems oposite.

nonsense right?

I don't know,. maybe it's me, but if things get more wierder with C&C games I think ill just quit paying for them.

C&C used to be the only games I wanted to pay for.

I like originality and atmosphere. For now ill support games like STALKER, untill EA has released TIBERIUM. Then ill see if I come back.

Units from C&C3 looks more advanced (to me) than the units in TS

yet the apocalyptic atmosphere vanished totally when C&C3 was made,

That is another thing i noticed too, in TS it was all barren wastelands and with all the other ones there was green grass and lively trees...

even the red zones weren't as dead as a temperate in TS

Yeah, I thought it was a little lame that the missions at Ground Zero in C&C 3 didn't look as corrupted as an average TS map. You'd think Ground Zero would practically be a solid tiberium crystal by now...

Yeah, I thought it was a little lame that the missions at Ground Zero in C&C 3 didn't look as corrupted as an average TS map. You'd think Ground Zero would practically be a solid tiberium crystal by now...
Part of the reason for this is, I'm going to guess, is so infantry will not be completely, 100% useless on Red Zone maps, in spite of the fact that some Nod soldiers were only a hoodie and sweat pants.

But seriously, Red Zones do seem somewhat gloomy, though they need Tiberium algae, mutant trees, roving packs of Tiberium Fiends, scattered Tiberium Floaters, Tiberium veins, and several new types of Tiberium-based life. Also, infantry should be exposed to Tiberium everywhere on the map, with the only protection coming from Tiberium Infusion and/or Tiberium Field Suits, and even that protection should not be enough in a Tiberium Field in a Red Zone.

Yeah I loved all the tib mutations in plants and animals, they were more dangerous than an AI enemy.

And I want my Ion storms back

And I want my Ion storms back

The problem with Ion Storms is that you have aircraft like the Venom and Hammerhead, which never land and thus would always be destroyed during Ion Storms, whereas the Scrin aircraft receive a boost from Ion Storms, giving them a distinct advantage given that you cannot launch your aircraft but theirs are receiving a boost.

ion storms were definately cool. Even though you would often get your base completely levelled they were amazing. My thoughts exactly some of the C&C games are getting far to weird like Red Alert 3... i know its meant to be camp and weird and all but its just far to weird now... like where the hell did the japanese faction come from?

the mod Tiberium Wars Advanced worked a bit on the mutated life, and brought back the visceroid from Tiberium death, it also gave the orca a machine gun and the predator a missile launcher (like in the original trailer) and a lot more cool things

there are some maps in tib wars and Kane's wrath that have ion storms, but the lightning sound usually is ridiculously loud and everything went blue instead of yellow like in TS

one thing i would like too see next is the aliens having larger transport vessels with many small guns on it, i mean something the size of the fricking tower, would make an intensely epic mission, and i also wanna see the meteor, not necessarily do more damage, but make a big shockwave explosion, and have the nuke do same :D

Edited by BlyTwo

one thing i would like too see next is the aliens having larger transport vessels with many small guns on it, i mean something the size of the fricking tower, would make an intensely epic mission

That would be rather difficult, seeing as how the tower itself was so big, you could only see a quarter of it and was still bigger than a base.

i just mean that even the devastators, and PAC's were too small, i wanna see this game feel more epic, and nerve racking

i think they all need a beter airforce i mean scrin has the most epic air force and only a handfull of units to choose from and GDI/NOD had even less also not a single air unit ever made me go well atleast win i die it is going to look cool ware say in redalert a airship or two made me go well im screwed and would always make me loose focus on what i was going to do and in a panic make me set up a tone of aa guns

i think they all need a beter airforce i mean scrin has the most epic air force and only a handfull of units to choose from and GDI/NOD had even less also not a single air unit ever made me go well atleast win i die it is going to look cool ware say in redalert a airship or two made me go well im screwed and would always make me loose focus on what i was going to do and in a panic make me set up a tone of aa guns

You know, punctuation marks are a good thing.