Sonic

Tiberium Cancelled by EA for Not Meeting Standards

lol I kinda saw this coming too. And yeah, a Renegade sequel would be good.

If Tiberium had to die to create a 'proper' EALA support squad, well that's the essence of triage. It's a painful outcome, but it's for the better good. I think the majority of people would like less games and better support, so this could be a win for us.

The lack of a C&C mode did dissapoint me, but the fact that most of my gametime would have been SP mitigated those issues. So I was still looking forward to the ideas....

I guess it's good. I mean rather this than a **** game right?

It didn't look like a bad game, just not what (most of) the fans wanted, Overcow ;)

I can't say I blame them. They saw where it was going, and it wasn't really where people would've wanted; just another squad-based shooter, seemingly not the kind of depth Renegade originally promised, no "C&C Mode" for lack of better terminology, and probably not worth the development staff for such a gamble to them. It was an interesting direction to try to take the IP, but it just wasn't coming together like they wanted and wasn't shaping up fast enough to warrant further experimentation.

Apparently they weren't making all their milestones, and I suppose it wasn't looking to be the game they, or we, wanted it to be. Not to insult anybody, but it looks like they saw it was basically "Reborning" and pulled the plug instead of tacking on more years of expense and development time. I hope nobody loses employment over this and can be planted into other development groups, as it's a rough time for jobseekers.

I still think Tiberium + a C&C Mode could have saved it. Well gameplay-wise that is. If they were missing milestones though it was probably doomed anyways.

I was thinking they probably couldn't hammer out the whole 3 faction and 'Will there be Nod?' thing. :unsure:

thats crap,maybe someone have tiberium site in harddrive? im search one

tiberium1.jpg

Edited by marcin205

The official Tiberium site was horrible and slow.

Yea, it's a shame that the material that was available on the website is gone. It would be nice to have a saved version for historical reasons. I only have the trailers downloaded.

Luckily I was able to save all the screenshots and the single trailer they had =)

Even though I got all the screenshots from cncden.

Luckily I was able to save all the screenshots and the single trailer they had =)

We've had all the screens and art available here on CNCNZ.com since Jan/Feb. Some hi-res stuff as well

Screens: http://www.cncnz.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=43

Art: http://www.cncnz.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=45

I loved Tiberium... :(

I wonder if they have taken down this big poster in the lobby at EALA?

normal_eala7.jpg

I soooo want that poster! Thats a oversized A00, very oversized!

Aw, shame...

Im glad EA finally can see when a game is bad and not bad.

But just giving up is silly.

Instead they could have made the game with lower graphics. Aiming for "Crysis" graphics is just stupid since only about 10% of computers in the world can run it in full graphics. (just a guess)

I didn't mind if it was Counter-Strike 1,6 graphics,. That would only increase gameplay of the game.

EA should try having gameplay standards.