yaik7a

An Expanison for Red Alert 3?

Who here thinks that there will be an expansion for red alert 3 :ra3: something like Kane's Wrath or something

What the Premier Edition C&C Beta is?

Nothing has been officially announced yet but there is strong chance that there will be expansion for Red Alert 3.

As for what beta key in the Premier Edition is, well that remains to be seen. Speculation points to a possible Generals 2.

Who here thinks that there will be an expansion for red alert 3 :ra3: something like Kane's Wrath or something

What the Premier Edition C&C Beta is?

Maybe Yuri turns up in the expension? Or a super crazy 100% irrational totally mad RoboHitler?

Beta key with the Premier edition will be for the RA3 expansion. :)

I would prefer Yuri to Hitler. Hitler is the last person i want to see as a major character in RA

Hmm same, and to be honest I'm a little over yuri aswell

I dont want to see either, just stating that Hitler doesnt belong in RA

Translated from Emil Kraftlings blog over at the Swedish PC Gamer site. Kraftling is working for swedish PCGamer and he wrote this in his blog after he had finsished RA3:

"...my single player experience was finsished with an unanounced cameo as the american vice president by an special actor and, I dare say, cultural persona. Wonderful! One can assume (and hope If you feel like that) that this person is in and is looking for his freedom in the upcoming expension."

---

So is Yuri the american vice president in RA3 or is it someone else? And what does he mean by "looking for his freedom"?

Lets just hope that a certain character in the video game does not have the need for "Revenge" after RA3. lol

Lets just hope that a certain character in the video game does not have the need for "Revenge" after RA3. lol

LOL

LOL :D Kane's wrath will revenge you all :DDD No there will be an expansion for sure. That's EA for God's sake!

Pass on Hitler as well. Aside from the whole plot revolving around him not rising to power, who would want to play as the Fuhrer? I would wager hardly anyone.

As for ideas for the expansion, how about making the game at least as big as the first one? Seven or so missions would do it for me. And perhaps some ideas like making the sub commanders actually playable with unique abilities ala the countries or faction generals from Zero Hour.

...who would want to play as the Fuhrer?

Are you kidding?! Who wouldn't?!

expansion= expected

there has been an expansion for every C&C game (with an exception of renegade), some even have 2

Well it surely needs an expansion since the campaign was quite short... Only 9 missions per side, RA2 was with 12 missions per side.

True, but I think the missions for RA3 were far superior to that of RA2.

Well it surely needs an expansion since the campaign was quite short... Only 9 missions per side, RA2 was with 12 missions per side.

*7 missions per side. And RA3 has 3 sides and some missions had like submissions in them, where something suddenly changed and you gained new objectives and a larger map view. That was epic :)

It's not that Epic.... EA just used a common map expansion mechanic. Inspired from games like Tiberian Sun and (more recently) Supreme Commander. If RA3 had the campaign length, quality and strategical depth of SupCom, we would have a purely awesome C&C!

I don't want C&C to be SupCom-ish. I don't like all-powerful SW's to take 3 hours or so to complete =/

I didn't like that Superweaon part of SupCom initially.... but aside from the time which base and unit buidling took. The missions took some serious beating, and you needed to formulate a strategy to actually win. It was serious fun too. Regardless what EA say, the naval combat in RA3 is still very average at best... SupCom is still the only game to get naval combat right. In RA3 it just feels thrown in without no real reason for it being there other than the fact you "have" to use it.

Real Strategy implies that you choose the weapons you wish to take in to battle, and that you use them effectively to the best of their ability. All RA3 does is force you to use a limited scope of units, tagging secondary abilities onto these units, and have you send a numerous stack of these at your opponent to make you win.

But I see the reason for Superweapons taking ages to build. SupCom forces you to rely on actual unit combat, rather than just waiting 45 seconds for the structure to build and then 6 minutes to reign death. With this short amount of time, you can simply send in the weapon and mop up with massed units. In SupCom, such a tactic to an arms race is a last resort and should never factor into a game unless it's a stalemate.

Actually, SW's are not much of a big deal in RA3 either. Although they should cut down on the support powers.

SupCom campaign sure was fun, but I didn't have the patience to finish it. Then, when I installed a patch and my save game was gone, I simply never touched it again.

Are you kidding?! Who wouldn't?!

Oh yes. Maybe there could be a mechenic where your funds are based on how many prisoners are executed in your concentration camps. I do think the idea of having Nazis would be a bit too dark even for Red Alert.

The Allied ending leaves the way open for a continuation of the storyline, and there was that rumor of a former WWE superstar being involved. I wonder how many will go 'woooooooooooooo' if that becomes a reality.

It's not that Epic.... EA just used a common map expansion mechanic. Inspired from games like Tiberian Sun and (more recently) Supreme Commander. If RA3 had the campaign length, quality and strategical depth of SupCom, we would have a purely awesome C&C!

SupCom is faceless.

Well having finished the game and seeing the suprise Allied cameo, I'm sure he will reappear in the expansion. Actually that was the best moment in all three SP campaigns for me.

The Suprise appearance at the end of the empire campaign with the soviet flavour was something that could have been saved for the expansion too. Maybe that could be expanded as a plot line?

But the Yuri factor can't be ignored, and besides Yuriko was barely touched as a subject in the campaign.

I wonder if in the rules of this universe if someone can back before hitler or einstein were removed and restart the timeline again???