Sign in to follow this  
Webboy

Petroglyph's 5th Birthday.

Well, I didn't see any sites either C&C sites or Petroglyph fan-sites reporting about it.

Anyway I just want to tell you that there is still a Petroglyph...

There may be an interest when they announce the P03 MMO, or the p04 or p05 RTS games they're working on. They were supoosed to announce something at the Austin Games Dev Conference back in September, that never happened.

Yep, there are 3 projects in the works... one is half done, another is around 25% done, and another is in concept stages.... when they actually make an effort to show something to the public, then maybe we will care again... But I'm in no rush to..... Myself and especially Sonic have put so much effort into that community, only to be bitterly disappointed with the whole Petro scene... so why should we care that they are 5, when there's nothing really special about them and their community.

oh, and moved to the Petro forum....

I'm sorry I thought they'd shut down after the failure that was UAW. :P

Acknowledgement comes with accomplishment...

Shouldn't Petroglyph have rights to do the Dune series by now? EALA has no comment on that.

It's all rumour right now. Someone suggested the idea on the official forums quite a while back now, and the demand has just grown.

EA don't own the rights to Dune, they never have. With each game, a developer has to apply for the rights to create the game from the respective owners of a particular IP. It's like EA don't hold the rights to Lord of the Rings, they simply have to apply to the Tolkien's for a contract to a set number of games, stating their intentions for each license. In theory Tolkien still own the rights to those games and not EA themselves.