Sonic

New Zealand Release of Red Alert 3 Delayed

As usual we always get everything late here in New Zealand and Red Alert 3 is no exception. Electronic Arts NZ have informed us today that the New Zealand release date for Red Alert 3 has been pushed back until the 7th of November, it was originally set for release on the 31st of October. The extra week wait is apparently due to shipping delays.

Update: I've also found out the Australian release has been pushed back due to the same shipping delays, the new Australian release date is the 6th of November.

This really pisses me off... :angry:

Mind you, I surpose the new date is exactly on my pay day, ( Thanks WINZ :D ) so thats a good thing i guess.

Thats . . . . . Inconvenient

I'm "importing" now... I refuse to wait.

Thats . . . . . Inconvenient

It is inconvenient, but nothing can be done to change it. I'm getting Deadspace (Xbox 360) on Wednesday and FarCry 2 (PC) Friday so that will keep me busy.

I'm "importing" now... I refuse to wait.

By the time you import it and its sent you it will be Nov 7th.

It is inconvenient, but nothing can be done to change it. I'm getting Deadspace (Xbox 360) on Wednesday and FarCry 2 (PC) Friday so that will keep me busy.

By the time you import it and its sent you it will be Nov 7th.

Playasia.com is pretty good. Although yes, shipping might take upto a week But You'll probably save about $20 when buying the game off of them.

I dont think NZ and Aussies are the only ones who got pushed back, i live in the United States in Ohio, and just called my local Gamestop and they said they wont have the game until Nov. 12th o.o

The local independent games shop literally 100 yards from me got his shipment in today. 12 standard copies ready to sell.... I wanted to bribe him into giving me a copy early... but then I've already pre-ordered the premier edition from GAME :P

I was at Gamestop today and they told me they won't have it until tomorrow... :(

I noticed this updated release date a few days ago so went into check at the EB Games where i have it ordered. Even thought the release date on their site read 7th, according to them they will have it on sale on the 30th with "plenty of copies to spare".

I dont think NZ and Aussies are the only ones who got pushed back, i live in the United States in Ohio, and just called my local Gamestop and they said they wont have the game until Nov. 12th o.o

They could be talking about the Xbox 360 version.

I noticed this updated release date a few days ago so went into check at the EB Games where i have it ordered. Even thought the release date on their site read 7th, according to them they will have it on sale on the 30th with "plenty of copies to spare".

Sounds like a case of the "instore" staff not knowing and simply giving you old information. I would be surprised if you go in to that store on the 30th and they have it. Its not even in NZ or Aussie yet.

I was so busy today that I didn't have a change to go get the game. So I'm still not sure if they shipped the game here where I live.

Yea after i looked at CNCNZ's little game tracker i realized the idiot at Gamestop looked at the 360 version when i said PC. I ended up calling another Gamestop to ask them, and they said theyd have it in store on the 29th

I just checked my aussie web supplier and they have updated release date to the 6th as well. I have asked for information but nothing yet.

ha ha - one solution was just sent to me via email....

Welcome back, Comrades. It's been far too long.

It's an amazing time of year to be a game player and here's another reason why: Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 will be available for digital download at Direct2Drive.com beginning tomorrow morning, October 29, at 10am PT/1pm ET!

You want a jump on your game play? Pre-order Red Alert 3 at D2D now and receive two bonuses:

Warhammer Online in-game item (Kossar's Helm)

Red Alert 3 Map (Neon Crysis)

After seven years, the most popular series in EA's 25-million unit-plus selling Command & Conquer franchise has returned with a vengeance. Following years of conflict, the Allies are finally on the brink of victory in Red Alert 3. Cowering behind the walls of the Kremlin, the Soviets decide to turn to one last act of desperation - the use of an experimental time travel device. The mission: to go back in time to eliminate Albert Einstein before he creates the technologies that will lead the Allies to ultimate victory. After a successful mission, the Soviets return to the present, discovering the Allied position has weakened. But before they can truly celebrate, they find out their actions have spawned a new threat and global superpower, the mysterious, technologically advanced, Empire of the Rising Sun. Welcome to World War III.

In Red Alert 3, all three factions will have their own hand-crafted story-driven campaigns, with co-operative missions designed solely around coordinating attacks and developing strategies with an ally. Hook up with a friend online to go through the entire experience or choose from a group of AI commanders, each with their own distinct playstyle and personality.

Download Red Alert 3 from Direct2Drive.com - you'll thank us, Comrade.

— The Direct2Drive Team

I thought about getting a digital distribution version but since I've already pre-ordered and paid for the Premier Edition from http://www.mightyape.co.nz I'll continue to wait.

Yeah until they can upload metallic tins to a ftp site... I'll be waiting too.

Sounds like a case of the "instore" staff not knowing and simply giving you old information. I would be surprised if you go in to that store on the 30th and they have it. Its not even in NZ or Aussie yet.

That may be what happened, but one would think that their computer systems would get updated release dates at a similar time to their web site. Oh and now that i think about it they said 31st not 30th (the perils of being awake for over 24 hours without caffeine at the time of posting)

Yeah until they can upload metallic tins to a ftp site... I'll be waiting too.

It's not very spectacular. Its just a metal box. :P But there were pieces of plastic broken inside the tin. The clips that held in the disc broke in my tin and in my friend's as well. :mellow:

We’re happy to confirm for you that we’re anticipating being able to dispatch this pre-order today, for delivery in two days time on the release date.

Kind regards, GAMEHEAD – Customer Service Team.

If it was held back a shipping snafu, should the release date actually have been passed and therefore the game can be given to me now?

shrugs.

At least I'll have something to do instead of what I should be doing this weekend. And sounds like, based on news headers, that I will have avoided some of the dramas with the late arrival. So there is a silver lining here.

EDIT: It's Friday and I finally have my copy of the premiere tin in my hand. It's still in plastic - that can wait until I get home for the unveiling. But I like the construction of the tin so far! Go RA3 weekend!!!

Edited by gben