The Commander

RA3 Story/Time Line Confusion

So because there is no Einstein in RA3 there are no atomic weapons, to me this doesnt make sense because Einstein didn't split the atom, New Zealander Sir Ernest Rutherford split it. And I don't remember einstein having any part in the Manhattan project.

Any one else pick up or confused about this?

Ernest Rutherford became the first person to deliberately split the atom by bombarding nitrogen with naturally occurring alpha particles from radioactive material and observing a proton emitted with energy higher than the alpha particle. In 1932 his students John Cockcroft and Ernest Walton, working under Rutherford's direction, attempted to split the nucleus by entirely artificial means, using a particle accelerator to bombard lithium with protons thereby producing two alpha particles. This did split the nucleus, but nevertheless was not quite the classical nuclear fission which is induced in heavy nuclei, because the daughter fragments are alpha particles, already well-known fragments of excited nuclei, and not considered to be a truly new phenomenon.

After Nazi Germany invaded Poland in 1939 and World War II began, many scientists in the United States and the United Kingdom became anxious about what Germany might do with nuclear technology. Albert Einstein in particular wrote several letters to Franklin Roosevelt urging him to establish nuclear capability before the Germans.

Leó Szilárd was one of Einstein's former students who played a huge role in the manhattan project. It was Einstein's teachings that helped inspire Leó Szilárd towards conceiving the Nuclear Chain Reaction theory in the United Kingdom. It was his reading of Ernest Rutherford's articles that allowed him to work towards nuclear weaponry. However Leó Szilárd fled Nazi Germany in 1933 and since that never happened he therefore fled the Soviet advancement in the first war. Einstein could be percieved as a catalyst to the first War, because the Soviets wanted him to advance their technology.

With Einstein gone, the first War never happened. Stalin was content on peace and had no reason to find the scientific marvel. That meant that Leó Szilárd didn't have to flee Germany. He never read Rutherford's articles, therefore never discovered/conceieved the theory of the Nuclear chain reaction. Thus he never wrote the letter with Einstein to President Roosavelt to promote the research into nuclear weaponry.... So in this timeline, when the Soviets did finally decide to attack the allies, with Einstein gone, the advancement towards Eastern Europe and the United Kingdom was swift and without president. Leó Szilárd was more likely killed as an old man in the advancement, and never had time to flee the Soviets. With this paradox first war being so quick unlike the original RA first war (which lasted for years)... No nukes could be built.

And there's your answer ;)

I hate to confuse people any more than they are already ....

This current timeline is because einstein went back in time and killed hitler, creating this soviet vs allied situation.

now, he would of done this after ww2 right?

so when the soviets went back in time to 1928 and killed old albert .... that means he didn't go back in time and take out hitler, and that means that the soviet/allied situation wouldn't of happened as the germans would have rose to power.

I know im overanalysing it, but it make me chuckle. the plot holes just add to RA's cheesy charm. :lol:

When Einstein went back in time in 1948, he spawned a new 2nd timeline in a different dimension. This is the foundation for the Red Alert universe. The old one (the timeline we now live in) still exists in the current dimension. But does not apply any longer.

In Yuri's revenge, the plot to stop Yuri succeeds, and in a rare instance a 3rd Timeline is created which merges with the 2nd dimesnsion and disrupts the Space time Continuum. Premier Romanov, knowledgable that The Soviets are going to lose ends up fleeing the night before instead of being caught by Tanya the next day, and this creates the introduction to Red Alert 3.

So in Red Alert 3, the same happens again... a 4th timeline is created which still applies to Einstein removing Hitler from the 2nd dimension. However the 3 previous dimensions do still exist including the merger of the 2nd and 3rd.

Now if you're still with me on this it means that each new dimension that is created still holds most of the pre-requisites from the previous timelines. So it doesn't matter what Paradox's are created, the laws of the space time continuum mean that all previous events (not directly related to the planned change) still occured, regardless if they happen in the new future or not.

My Confusion

OK, I don't have an answer to everything. But in this new 4th Dimension. Einstein doesn't exist at all. Now above I've answered my question already, but in terms of technological advancement, this doesn't hold true.

In the 40's Einstein was responsible for inventing the Mark 1 prototype of the Chronosphere. It was capable of transporting a single organic form through both time and Space, and this was how Hitler was removed from time, which created a 2nd Dimension.

During the first Red Alert war, this technology was upgraded to the Mark 2 which could transport a single non-organic vehicle and it's crew to anywhere through space in an instant. The time shifting element was removed to avoid abuse, or it getting in the wrong hands of the Soviets.

In the 2nd War, Einstein further developed Allied technology. Creating prism tech and the Mark 3 Chronosphere which could transport multiple vehicles and crew through space Via a large Vortex.

So how the hell in this 3rd War do the Allies have a Mark 3 Chronosphere, extra chrono tech and a variant of the Prism technology when Einstein doesn't exist?

My answer could be dimensional memory rifts... it is entirely possible using the theory I gave above that scientists who worked with Einstein on the chronosphere project in the 2nd dimension, still somehow have the Mark 3 plans for the technology in their minds, but don't know how. So it's sorta like experiencing Deja Vu... if you know what I mean.

Man, I love this paradox stuff! :P

Oh man what have I caused? lol

McKay2.jpg

Where are you when we need you with all this time line paradox stuff? :D

Edited by The Commander

Oh man what have I caused? lol

Nothing really. I am the resident around here who likes to put theories into how the stories of C&C go together. I may not be right, but I'll use my imagination in a logical way to state possible answers.

In the case of Leó Szilárd, this is really the only logical and possible link to how erasing Einstein from the timeline could mean no nuclear technology. Unless anyone can come up with a better idea, I'd consider my theory RA3 canon. ;)

I just realized that our beloved Kane could not have possibly risen to power under these circumstances.

My heart aches. :skull:

Edited by sith_wampa

Well yeah, Thats how EA didn't link up the two universes.

Man, I love this paradox stuff! :P

Wow, I love that theory :P

The RA unverse is one big mind**** :P

Edited by BioBen