Sign in to follow this  
ICECOLDKILLA

better than the MARV

if ea did kanes wrath right dont you think the marv would be replaced my the mammoth MK2

No matter how many times I hear this, it never fails to make my blood boil. I am, quite frankly sick of people complaining endlessly that the Mammoth Mk.II was not included in Kane's Wrath as an Epic Unit.

Firstly, if the Mammoth Mk.II were still in service by the time of Tiberium Wars (and thus the later Acts of Kane's Wrath), then it would be a mass production model, not the prototype, meaning that it should replace Mammoth Tanks, not the MARV. Remember, the only reason that the Mammoth Mk.II had a build limit in Tiberian Sun was because it was a prototype. However, by 2047, when Tiberium Wars and Act II of Kane's Wrath occur, the Mammoth Mk.II should be well into its production phase.

Second, the Mammoth Mk.II would look absolutely stupid in SAGE. If you watch the

, you see what a Mammoth Mk.II looks like when it turns, and it does not look good. I have seen the same problem with the Mammoth Mk.II in Tiberium Essence and in C&C: All Stars. The major problem with the Mammoth Mk.II is that it was not designed to turn: this is quite apparent from the design of its leg joints, which allow the leg to move only forward or backward, not side to side, as would be necessary for the mech to turn.

Finally, I think that it is important to remember that Tiberium Wars is not Tiberian Sun. Complaining that the Mammoth Mk.II was not in Tibrium Wars or in Kane's Wrath makes no more sense than complaining that GDI was using Wolverines instead of Humvees in Tiberian Sun.

I am sorry to blast you so heavily over this, but it gets rather tiring that there is a near endless parade of people making similar complaints to yours.

No matter how many times I hear this, it never fails to make my blood boil. I am, quite frankly sick of people complaining endlessly that the Mammoth Mk.II was not included in Kane's Wrath as an Epic Unit.

Firstly, if the Mammoth Mk.II were still in service by the time of Tiberium Wars (and thus the later Acts of Kane's Wrath), then it would be a mass production model, not the prototype, meaning that it should replace Mammoth Tanks, not the MARV. Remember, the only reason that the Mammoth Mk.II had a build limit in Tiberian Sun was because it was a prototype. However, by 2047, when Tiberium Wars and Act II of Kane's Wrath occur, the Mammoth Mk.II should be well into its production phase.

Second, the Mammoth Mk.II would look absolutely stupid in SAGE. If you watch the

, you see what a Mammoth Mk.II looks like when it turns, and it does not look good. I have seen the same problem with the Mammoth Mk.II in Tiberium Essence and in C&C: All Stars. The major problem with the Mammoth Mk.II is that it was not designed to turn: this is quite apparent from the design of its leg joints, which allow the leg to move only forward or backward, not side to side, as would be necessary for the mech to turn.

Finally, I think that it is important to remember that Tiberium Wars is not Tiberian Sun. Complaining that the Mammoth Mk.II was not in Tibrium Wars or in Kane's Wrath makes no more sense than complaining that GDI was using Wolverines instead of Humvees in Tiberian Sun.

I am sorry to blast you so heavily over this, but it gets rather tiring that there is a near endless parade of people making similar complaints to yours.

i know that but maybe a mk3 and your wrong about the legs look at or play SW empire at war the atats can turn just fine

i know that but maybe a mk3

As I discussed at length here, the Mammoth Tank in Tiberium Wars is the Mammoth Mk.III. Also, it could be argued that the MARV is the Mk.IV, as MARV does stand for "Mammoth Armed Reclamation Vehicle."

your wrong about the legs look at or play SW empire at war the atats can turn just fine

I have seen how AT-ATs turn in Empire at War, but the Mammoth Mk.II cannot turn in that manner. As you can see here, the Mammoth Mk.II's legs are not designed to turn in that way: the legs can move only forward or backward, not side to side.

you need to keep up with the story, it said in the intel that it was retired because of great expenses, and Havoc (renegade) was furious (because the mammoth mkII is big, and has a lot of firepower)

I think that ZOCOM should keep the MARV since they are fighting against tiberium itself. And the MARV is excellent at reducing tiberium fields. But since the Steel Talons and main GDI are used against Nod, they may have bigger use of the MKII but ZOCOM should definatley use the MARV.