Sign in to follow this  
ICECOLDKILLA

nazi zombiez

Moving to the correct section...

Another Call of Duty game.... lost interest in that franchise after COD2. Wait, there are zombies in the latest one? :rolleyes:

I only got into the series when COD4 came out. I'll probably get WAW just because of how great COD4 was.

I've seen the zombie bonus. Looks wicked. ^_^

Wait, there are zombies in the latest one? :rolleyes:

A friend of mine who has completed the game says (like Luk3us says) it's a bonus feature. Since he's a CoD nut, he goes to their communities very often. According to him, the Devs said that CoD isn't about to rip anything off or run out of ideas. They've simply put this into the game as a testimony to Wolfenstein.

That and the zombie mods for multiplayer in COD4 were awesome. ^_^

Another Call of Duty game.... lost interest in that franchise after COD2. Wait, there are zombies in the latest one? :rolleyes:

COD3 sucked.

4 doesn't.

5... I've heard is OK. Zombies is a bonus.

They've simply put this into the game as a testimony to Wolfenstein.

i love wolfenstein my favorite fps ever then return to castle wolfenstein and now this new one is comeing out if ID messes it up i will cry

oh lordie you guys fail. seriously. i mean what other main WW2 brand games are there? medal of honor? PAL-LEASE. brothers in arms was alright... but it wasn't really a proper FPS. you controlled a team (unless you were lazy or sucked...)

call of duty is most definately an awesome WW2 series... 1 and 2 were great. 3 was alright (even if it wasn't on the pc...) but 4 was lame. big whoop, another modern warfare game. i mean seriously it's been done to death. 5 brings us once again back to WW2... and with areas that weren't covered in the previous games (from what i remember...) specificially, the pacific campaign.

but yah, for those of you who haven't bothered checking or have been put off my all the negative comments; WW2 FPS, unique health system (rather then a standard 100hp bar or whatever if you take damage, the screen flashes red, stronger and stronger until you die. if you get away from the fighting and hide, you go back to normal. though you do take permanent damage to some extent...) there are other unique things but i'm too lazy to list them >.>

basically it covers the pacific island campaigns between america and japan, and later on the soviets taking berlin in the final days of nazi germany. the whole zombie thing is basically an extra feature. you open this feature when you complete the campaign (basically a whole game type unlock). from what i've seen it's pretty much an online mini-game. you and your buddies sit in a fort with unlimited ammo and basically survive against hordes of nazi zombies. nothing major but that's probably why so many people bought the game... unfortunately with left 4 dead coming out a week or two later... REAL bad timing. coz the whole zombie fanbase is gonna be obsessed with L4D for years. maybe decades...

the main reasons i've bought the game (but haven't had time to play what with constant L4D action xD) is because of the zombies, the pacific campaign (few have managed to tell the pacific campaign accurately, though the history channel's game looks like a good attempt...) and the fact the whole campaign is a co-op thing like RA3... you can have up to 4 players working through the whole campaign ^.^

definately a first for CoD, and probably one of the first pc FPS's to have a co-op campaign and with that many players... (note i say FPS. a lot of the other games that have done it are either third person or more strategy based... then you have games like counter-strike which don't count at all because they don't really have a PROPER campaign... just maps that are s'posed to be played in a certain order... CoD is one of those few games that started life as a single player, evolved into multiplayer then evolved into co-op...)

and just to top things off; luk3us you REALLY can't consider buying WaW because you liked CoD4 xDDDD COMPLETELY different thing. i mean seriously. the technology is just so different between the two time periods o.O; honestly though if the only one you really liked was CoD4 you're probably gonna die horribly in WaW... what with the limited technology and such... aaaand lack of little things like bulletproof armour >->; and did i mention the flamethrowers?

the only thing that peeves me about what i've seen and heard of this game so far is the fact of the time periods - the whole campaign is late war. in berlin, the fight was generally heavily armed soviets with thousands of tanks against something ranging between ten and fifty panzers depending on the stage of the battle... and lots of children, old men and very few already half-dead infantry units xD

the pacific war still still quite a way from finishing back then but the japanese generally had sucky tanks in comparison to the allies... and in the majority of the situations they were both horribly outnumbered, outteched and overwhelmed with infantry, vehicles, ships and aircraft o-O;

the only defense i can see in the difficulty of this factor would be that all the enemies are fighting so painfully hard because it's their last stand... but let's be honest, there's not gonna be the level of sheer "oh poopie we're screwed" factor in these games... what with the lack of vehicles...

no doubt there will be a couple of japanese zeroes or some german tiger tanks... (because let's face it, every WW2 game HAS to have tiger tanks in it. dispite in berlin it was close quarter fighting in an urban situation and the germans were so out of petrol that they just had to abandon a lot of tanks...) but it just simply won't be the amount we're used to from previous games... i'll give you guys a full review of how good/sucky it is (don't get me wrong, i LOVE the CoD games and WW2 stuff. but if it blows i will be just as happy to critisize it into the ground ^-^)

Modern warfare... done to death... ahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaah. World War 2 is the single most overdone event or idea in the history of gaming. COD: WAW only gets bonus points for being in the Pacific Theater. Otherwise, they're all rehashes and it's the same **** over and over.

COD4 > the rest. /thread

WW2 IS overdone. but there are so many different theatres of war. sadly most only use the famous theatres... i mean i've never once seen any of the non-american japanese campaigns. like against the soviets or chinese... never seen any french ones... and very few other european countries. they generally only follow the "big three"'s famous battles. i haven't even seen a burma campaign yet :\ yaaaah the berlin campaign has been done a few times. but they are usually too short. always one level which is frustrating :\ but having half the campaign done to it is new. the pacific has been done a couple of times too...

thing about WW2 is it truely was a WORLD war. every country was involved on SOME level. not every country was invaded or directly attacked, but pretty much every country helped out by sending soldiers or resources or whatever... and so many of them have yet to be done o.o

i mean i would LOVE to see a japanese/soviet game, campaign or even just a couple of levels... because let's face it, you're not gonna get a more brutal campaign then that in WW2. those two countries are by far the most hardcore fighters of the war

but yah, generally modern war sims are just overdone. they fall into two categories: americans in the middle east which quite frankly, most people either don't want to play or have serious political issues with... and the other type which is "slight future" as in 5 - 20 years from now where you get the next gen weapons and as possible future. which is generally annoying because every weapon is perfect at what it does. it's all just... too easy. and almost all the combat is done on the other side of the map with people spamming special weapons or high powered rifles...

screw that. i want either FAR future or in the past. i mean i'll buy and play modern games but they usually wind me up somewhat... games set in the modern era just don't impress me... they are like training sims or something. you get tonnes of armour and easy-use weapons. WW2 games require a lot more skill... well. i guess it's a different kind of skill...

but yah. CoD4 was lame. the only reason it gets bonus points is for military name-dropping... that was pretty kickass.

All I saw in your comment Mina is COD4 is lame.

COD4 > All tbh. Multiplayer was ******* ownage. ^_^ Still is.

I havent bothered with COD like Sonic, since #2. Which I still crank out occasionally. They made too many too quick! I have played 4 though and it did seem rather nice.

meeeh i really didn't think much of CoD4. don't get me wrong, it was a great game. but in comparison to the other games... it just wasn't as good as them :\ (well. i think it was better then 3... >> but not the first two that's for sure! and i still haven't played 5 yet xD)

So after beating the game, gave hte zombie mod a shot. Its alright, nothing to fancy, but still cool.

Need to do it co-op mode though, its more fun that way. :)

yah i'm STILL waiting. basically i've got three buddies to play co-op with... first of all i was playing with one guy who had torrented the game. we managed to do the co-op through hamachi... however a couple of days later me and the 3 buddies... another guy had torrented it, and the 3rd guy bought the game. we all updated to the 1.1 patch. and guess what? for some reason the 1.1 patch stops the torrented game version from registering hamachi games >_> which means we have a choice between waiting til like, gone christmas when they both have the game, or uninstalling and reinstalling the game to get back to basic patch level.

both are rather unappealing. the other problem with the first game version was that when i did co-op with the first buddy, at the end of the first level (or rather, the bit with the truck...) for some reason we could pop a hole in the back but then the truck would turn off straight away instead of letting us get in it and drive (which my friend told me was what happened when he did single player...) so i dunno if that's a co-op glitch, a two player co-op glitch, a hamachi glitch or something else.

and the fact that you can't set keys as on the numpad is VERY annoying. i'm left handed so in FPS's i always have prone as o/ins and 1/end as sprint... the other numpad keys doing little extras such as agree/disagree with a vote or whatever. it's not much of a problem but it required a little thinking upon rearranging the keys to work properly. i highly doubt it will be anywhere near close to L4D with the zombies too...

but it's a good little side function. and you get to use WW2 weapons with zombies! ^-^ but from what i've seen it's a pretty good game so far. i love the leveling system. especially because you can level in co-op! normally games wouldn't allow that. my only other complaint is the mouse's sensitivity. when i first went in it was zooming all over the place. i fiddled with it and it was too slow. after five minutes of delicate tuning i've got it close... i think i need to speed it up a tad though xD;

Hey Mina how did you get the Hamachi to work I couldnt get mine to work. Does it only work with other cracked versions instead of working with a legit one?

OK, so WAW is another clone of the WW2 genre. But its still a shooter, and since I'm not playing any other shooters at the moment. It will suffice.

That and its almost identical to COD4 MP, which rocked, so does this. Its just a bit different, tis all.

Hamachi works with legit versions...

ahh **** :(

ok since when did s l a g (a Transformers term) get censored?

Edited by Immortal_Joker

English explitive.

Bad Immortal Joker. buy the game :whip:

English explitive.

Bad Immortal Joker. buy the game :whip:

Im getting it mark my words i will get it MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I love the multiplayer :D

first things first. s l a g is ACTUALLY a term for rock/metal throwaway. an unwanted end result. because of the term, it somehow ended up getting applied to sluttish girls. the most famous usage is the infamous "eastenders" episode (british soap opera) where pat butcher (the girl with the big earrings) and peggy mitchell (barbara windsor - featured in many of the "carry on ___" movies) basically insult eachother and slap eachother before bursting out into combat. it's a youtube moment for sure...

to top things off they had the EXACT same moment, word for word, a few years later. it was truely epic :'D

anyway...

the hamachi thing worked for both legit and torrented versions, BEFORE the 1.1 patch. the second you install the patch, BAM it doesn't work anymore, for legit or torrented versions unless you get the right hamachi version and fiddle with lots of different settings. me and my buddy still haven't got it to work right yet.

but yah it was quite frustrating. he had the torrent, i had the legit. we both played a couple of levels of co-op, however near the end of the first level with the truck, for some reason it wouldn't do anything so we had to skip ahead. we figured there may be further errors like this so we decided to download the update. now hamachi doesn't work with the game at all. we tried various versions; 1030 (which never works anyway) 1025, 1020, 1015 among others. nothing worked. my friend is going to buy the game this christmas hopefully ^^;

also a side-note; hamachi is good even if everyone has the legit game. if you can get it working, it is often a fair bit faster then a normal online game. the only problem is nowadays it's a lot more glitchy with newer games so it's tricky to get it work :\ one of the few examples where i've -NEEDED- it to work was BF:2142's zombie mod. which i must say is worth getting...

think you and however many buddies or AI bots you want on your team... against up to -70- enemy bots XD all armed with knives... (make sure you are the EU team. the PAC team are the zombies...) and you can fiddle with the settings. i'm pretty sure on the AI slider it is 1 slider = 4 in-game bots... and believe me it is INTENSE. they normally charge at you at about 10 - 20 at a time... which is tricky to hold off against by yourself at the best of times, but if you are at the last spawn point holding off you end up getting nearly all of them at once o_o yah it's intense x3;

CoD2 was one of the most dull and repetitive FPS I've played, but CoD4? You should really try it. The Prypjat level is legendary, in my opinion.