Sign in to follow this  
rugame69

Can't install yuri's revenge

If all else fails, use Alcohol 120% to clone the disc and create an ISO that you install from instead. Since it keeps getting the same error on each system, you have something running that's preventing the game from installing properly on your systems. It's not Yuri's Revenge, it's your configuration since I run the original discs from 2001 myself and they install just fine.

If all else fails, use Alcohol 120% to clone the disc and create an ISO that you install from instead. Since it keeps getting the same error on each system, you have something running that's preventing the game from installing properly on your systems. It's not Yuri's Revenge, it's your configuration since I run the original discs from 2001 myself and they install just fine.

I've never used alcohol 120% before, so went out and got it. Now all I have to do is figure it out :unsure: Once I do, I'll see if that helps. I just can't imagine why these disks out of every game I own is having issues during installation. Will keep you updated to let you know if it works or not. :ra2:

Edited by rugame69

I've never used alcohol 120% but went out and got it. Now all I have to do is figure it out :unsure: Once I do, I'll see if that helps. I just can't imagine why these disks out of every game I own is having issues during installation. Will keep you updated to let you know if it works or not. :ra2:

I never ended up using the alcohol 120%, but I got it working. I had to use MagicISO and MagicDisc to mount it and installation went fine then. Used my own legal cd key and so far it seems normal. Haven't played it yet, but did check out to see if it will give all options and they seem normal. Chalk one up to luck I guess. :rolleyes:

Copy the installer to your desktop and try the same thing. You could even copy all of the files to your hard drive and run it that way.

Start -> Help & Support -> Fixing a Problem -> Application and Software Problems -> Getting older programs to run on Windows XP -> Start the Program Compatibility Wizard -> Follow instructions, check options, install game, tell it if you want to keep compatibility settings.

Wow, you people sure know how to complicate solutions... whatever happened to "browse to the CD, right click on "setup.exe", open its Properties, and enable compatibility mode on it"? ;)

Wow, you people sure know how to complicate solutions... whatever happened to "browse to the CD, right click on "setup.exe", open its Properties, and enable compatibility mode on it"? ;)

If you remember from the other forum this thread was on, that was one of the first things tried, and it failed. If you scroll up, you will see the final solution to the problem. The one about alcohol 120% probably would have worked also, but I didn't get a chance to use it as using MagicISO and MagicDisc remedied the situation.

Thanks again to all that gave suggestions and helpful hints. It was/is appreciated.

Edited by rugame69

Ah, sorry, that didn't really apply to your problem specifically. I was just wondering why people whom I thought would have quite some experience with this were suggesting such unnecessarily complicated methods.