ICECOLDKILLA

did your xbox 360 break

did your xbox 360 break  

8 members have voted

1. 1. did your xbox 360 break

• yes
    • no
    • cheese burger

my XBOX 360 broke because when it got dirty i put it in the bath to clean it and when i pulled it back it i got the ring of death

see what happened

Its part of owning an Xbox 360. The all do it eventually. Mine has died twice. First in Feb 2007 then again in June thus year. Send back to Microsoft for repairs that's all you can do really.

when it got dirty i put it in the bath

I hope you weren't surprised.

You put it in the bath?!?!?!?

You put it in the bath?!?!?!?

no i didnt really but thats what i told to tech support they thought i was retard its was great

no i didnt really but thats what i told to tech support they thought i was retard its was great

So your 360 died with RROD, you called tech support and told them you cleaned it in the bath? Yeah that's how you get it fixed :rolleyes:

I've had my 360 For a year and a half, and no RROD's.

Don't worry, your time will come.

So your 360 died with RROD, you called tech support and told them you cleaned it in the bath? Yeah that's how you get it fixed :rolleyes:

Don't worry, your time will come.

yes that what happened i was trying not to laugh

...ice, you're a retard XD i mean seriously. it would be bad enough if you HAD put it in the bath (which, had you turned it on afterwards without drying it inside and out fully probably would have BLEW THE HELL UP XD) would at least be one thing. but lying and saying you did that?

they've probably heavily overly exaggerated the damage estimates so instead of saying "oh, take it to microsoft. you'll have to pay for shipping but it's free" they'd probably say "...you're boned. buy a new one. or you can send it to microsoft and pay for the damaged parts..." XD because yah... the warranty WON'T cover stupidity of this magnitude...

also, no i haven't got the red ring yet o.o i originally got mine on the 13th dec (day after my birthday) on the year it came out... haven't played it too much. it's spent most of it's life just sitting turned off (but with the power adapter on with an orange light) and it's fine so far. i'm guessing it'll happen eventually... but the reason they get the red light is because the fans they installed are too small, the whole system overheats and it damages itself.

you can buy mods to install a bigger fan or just repeatedly send it to microsoft or take your chances. whatever y'know. i haven't actually modded mine yet because i haven't got the money to upgrade it, nor the time. but personally methinks you could probably solve the heating issue by taking the case off or putting holes in the case (not really making it any more practical around the house, but it's less likely to heat up...)

Tbh modding it might fix the issue, but if it gets the RROD again you won't be able to send it to microsoft again.

well it wouldn't -get- the RROD again if you modded it. the reason it gets the red lights is because the fan is too small to properly cool inside the device. so it overheats if you play it for too long... in the end this simply burns out the harddrive. if you put in a bigger fan, it stays cool then it won't overheat. and even if you mod it you can still send it back to microsoft - they just might charge you for it.

because let's be honest there is no other way to fix the internal processors and such without having microsoft replace them. i guess in theory you could try and track down parts and fix it yourself... but you'd have to be a whizz and actually be able to get the right parts... it would be far easier just to pay microsoft to fix it. besides, if you still got the red light you could just put the old fan back in and send it to them like that, then put the new fan in when you get it back again 83

Happened to my brother, But when he sent it away they received it, fixed it and sent it (on record). my bro got a tracking number but nothing to track because no couriers got it.

once again with the fan mod upgrade. it's definately something you should consider looking into if you own a 360. because it is a MAJOR fault and they haven't bothered to fix it. and they don't even put in the fan upgrade when you send it back to be repaired.

why? i'd say to make money but i don't know if they even charge you to repair it. if they do, that is most certainly why. a major problem like that which springs up on a regular basis would make them a HECK of a lot of money...

They pay for all repair costs, postage and provide 3 moths of gold access with RROD.

... oh really... >.> hmm... that makes me almost tempted to sit there with a hair dryer until the sealant glue in the componants give out and cause a RROD xD (as i've discovered that is usually the cause of the crashing)

hmmph. though i think they would discover what i had done after the first or second time >.> aaaand i'm guessing posting my plans on here isn't too smart.

who am i kidding, i wouldn't do it xD; i'm too nice. also i don't like losing my things for a while. also i -have- a whole year's card of gold, i just have nothing worth using it for x3;