Sign in to follow this  
Guest SteelCross

All units explode after about 5 seconds??????

Guest SteelCross

:?: Why Do all my units explode as soon as I get the battlefield online? I have only edited a couple of items and added two units... and KABOOM? I have not touched the super weapons at all... I dont get it... Can someone help me out on this one?

[by moderator]

Note: stickied, because this is a common problem. Read below for solution and explanation.

Never heard of this before...

List everything you've changed. Maybe we'll see something. You can use the changes viewer to see all the changes made.

Guest CHURCH

this is because you hvae a mod or addin thet wasnt properly removed. you have to uninstal the game then clear the folder.

I've had this once, I removed any change and then let the CD do a repair.

You can let the CD make a repair by removing ONLY the Generals.exe (or ZH.exe). Then the cd will ask you if you want it to repair Generals. Do that and it should work, it did for me.

It also happens if you use a nocd crack to play. I switch back and forth through games so much i would go crazy having to constantly change disks but online it considers it a mod. instead of doing a repair just copy the generals.exe form the disk 1. It is inside data1.cab, all you have to do is have winrar, open the data1.cab file and copy and paste "generals.exe" and "game.dat" to your game folder and overwrite the old ones. that is all a repair will do.

Guest steelchross

It seems that I had done something that just stuck with the game even after I removed the changes... so I had to do a reinstall. Mod works fine now.

Thank you very much! :D

I've made this topic sticky, because it is a common question. And you've explained all the steps needed to fix it very well :)

Yeah, If this ever happens to me AGAIN then I'll go here :wink:

Guest Bubbles

I've had that happen once before I even downloaded TibEd. I just reinstalled it and it was fine.

This happened to me as well. It was when I tried to copy a save game from one computer to another. *sniff* I had a Soviet MCV too.. :crying: However, on a good note, I didn't have TibEd yet so it wasn't TibEd's fault. TIB ED ROCKS! (sorry, ADHD makes it hard for me to restrain myself)

I have only had this happen to me when i was editing Tiberian Sun, and it only happened when i used a unit that i should not have been using, and when i was making my MOD for it (was making a third race to play).