Sign in to follow this  
ICECOLDKILLA

ACDC black ice & guns n roses chinese democracy

2 of the best rock bands ever have came out with new albums and what do you think

i think Black ice is the best and brings back memories

i like a couple of songs in chinese democracy but im not biggerest fan

Just what i thought, but your the mod.

All ACDC songs sound the same to me, even the new stuff. They never changed their style or tried anything different.

Regardless of the likes of ACDC and GNR coming back, the best metal/rock album for 2008 is Death Magnetic, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a huge Metallica fan. The album is just so damn good.

Eh. Death Magnetic was more like a "Best of" album that at no point reached the heights of their previous work.

Eh. Death Magnetic was more like a "Best of" album that at no point reached the heights of their previous work.

i find that very true

Just what i thought, but your the mod.

Ben!! Oh noes!!

post-5032-1228787322_thumb.jpg

:lol:

I rather enjoyed Black Ice. It had a good classic feel to it and was a damn fine romp from start to finish.

Hey Sonic, why fix what isn't broken? AC/DC has had the same sound for so long because it's a damn good one and quite appealing across the board. When my mother can enjoy AC/DC songs, they're a damn good band. ;)

And I enjoyed Chinese Democracy as well. Barring one song, the whole thing has been great.

And of course, the best album of the year is The Sound of Madness from Shinedown. Death Magnetic was great but TSOM was just ******* epic.

meeeh. i can barely tolerate metallica >-> i like guns 'n roses - to an extent. but i LOVE AC/DC... i only know a few of their songs but because they do all use similar styles in most of their songs, i know i'd like them all... however each one is unique enough that you can hear the first few seconds and know which song it is.

the only other band i've liked that much which i know used that same style was ultravox. aaaand they are an 80's british synth band x3 i used to listen to their songs all the time when i was younger. primarily when i used to spend hours and hours working on RPG Maker stuff (making graphics and coding and such...) so now whenever i hear their songs it automatically puts me in the mood to work o.o;

meeeh. i can barely tolerate metallica

You should probably listen to their "easier" stuff like Load and ReLoad albums then.

it just sounds like he thinks they're more pu... I mean softcore :P

Edited by mormreed

i like some of metallica's old stuff... but yaaaaah. i really have to be in a certain kind of mood to be able to listen to metallica. most of my other music i can listen to in most, if not all, moods...

You make that sound like Load and Reload are bad. I thought they were pretty good. :P

No way. Load and Reload feature some of my favourite songs. I was meaning that for someone wanting to get into listening to Metallica might find Load and Reload more to their liking. Because jumping in with something like Death Magnetic, which is a full on collection of songs from start to finish.

Oh yeah, I finally listened to the first release of the new GNR album. It doesn't sound like the old GNR to me. I stick to their classics like Paradise City and Sweet Child O' Mine.

well yah x3 big difference in the new songs... NO SLASH D:

a couple have buckethead in last i checked... but c'mon, it's SLASH! D:

and i don't mind some of metallica's single songs... but things just linked together in one long stream? eeeehno...

though i am tempted by the AC/DC cd o.o

What's so great about Slash anyway? He's good but not THAT good. Buckethead is far better by miles.

Agreed, GNR's sound is determined by Axl. Imagine GNR with a new lead singer. That Buckethead guy is a freak. Kind of stupid if you ask me. What's his real name anyway?

Agreed, GNR's sound is determined by Axl. Imagine GNR with a new lead singer. That Buckethead guy is a freak. Kind of stupid if you ask me. What's his real name anyway?

Indeed. Axl is GnR and without him, it's a tribute band. Besides, GnR has gone through more band members than a whore does strange men, so yeah. >_>

Buckethead's not a freak. He's just eccentric, and rather good at his profession. Check the Wiki page on him, his real name is there.

GnR has gone through more band members than a whore does strange men, so yeah. >_>

or you do sheep

meh, slash AND buckethead are both excellent guitarists.

yes, GnR would never have the sound it does if it didn't have axl. but that is kinda obvious given it's far harder to immitate a voice then a guitar...

but you also have to take into account that GnR has gone through so many different people BECAUSE AXL FIRED THEM ALL XD

he argues and winds up -everyone- he meets (kind of like bly), and thus people leave or get kicked out. so i really have mixed feelings about the band. i love their music, and i have a major crush on axl. but he really doesn't deserve the fame for being such a douche :\

whereas slash and buckethead try their best to get along with people, are quite flexable and also produce great music with their instruments o.o (not that the other GnR members don't mind you x3)

or you do sheep

How very unfunny.

but you also have to take into account that GnR has gone through so many different people BECAUSE AXL FIRED THEM ALL XD

Maybe they should have sucked less. :P

so you are saying slash sucked? XD

it's all nice to say that the majority are not always right... but i don't think this is one of those occassions. it seems that he's just an ass xD some people are just difficult to get along with o.o

maybe he has a short temper. maybe he takes things the wrong way. maybe he just enjoys poking fun at people and gets irritated when they joke back? who knows... but y'know. he still punted out loads of previous band members o.o;