Sonic

Is Yuri Set to Return?

I laugh at news and rumours like this, but I feel it should be posted simply because of the discussion it could generate. Speculation is beginning to surface that Yuri will get his revenge after all in a future expansion for Red Alert 3. Since the release of the Red Alert 3 1.05 patch some fans in this Chinese forum thread have been going through the files looking for hidden references, they have nothing better to do I guess. Anyway, this is what they found....

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE001=Who am I?

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE002=Where am I?

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE003=I can juggle them.

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE_001=I've got escape. I can break down the door.

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE_002=Their minds are weak; they can be lured.

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE_003=I can protect myself with a psychic shield.

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE_004=I can slam objects and vehicles with my mind

So here we have something that possibly references a character with a name beginning with "Y", and mentioning all of the abilities that Yuri possessed. But it could also talking about Yuriko Omega. But then again why would there be references to a future expansion pack in 1.05? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

oh please not Yuri, the one guy that caused Ra2 to be less fun for me

Yeah i'm sorry but he was a bitch! The whole mind-control thing was a little bit *too* much for me tbh.

Too much is being read into this I think. Yuri was never capable of telekinesis or psychic dispersion or invulnerability. His abilities were purely through Remote psychic influence. Yuriko of course is capable of higher level powers like telekinesis and psychic dispersion. So like I said, too much is being read into it.

Is the stage being set for Yuriko to go all Rei Ayanami on us, use her psychic powers to wipe out the human race?

I hate Yuri, please don't bring him back.

But if EA must, can it be really quick, as in, he pops in says something, then gets squished by an anvil. :)

They may have just been leftover files from a point in production when Yuriko was going to have a role in the story

The Allies should have just executed Yuri rather than spend who-knows-how-much on a psychic prison.

Anyway, the rumor is shaky evidence at best, but 'Their minds are weak' does sound more like a Yuri quote than Yuriko.

Yuri was never capable of ... psychic dispersion

What do you consider his secondary ability to have been?

As for my opinion on Yuri returning, I wouldn't mind a 10 second cameo that tells us something like 'tried escaping and was mauled by attack dogs'.

I was a bit disappointed that Yuriko wasn't even given any kind of part in the story. I guess we're just supposed to go with "Japanese did some strange experiments and made a telekinetic school-girl."

Anyway, Yuri coming back? I doubt it, but I wouldn't necessarily mind it as long as the story isn't completely destroyed in the process.

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE_004=I can slam objects and vehicles with my mind

Yuri, no. Yuriko, yes. I wondered why she weren't in the story. So yeah, that probably gonna be an expansion and the BETA for us Premier buyers.

Of course you guys already figured this out so yeah...

Different timeline, lol by the end of red alert 3 he could have died of lung cancer in theory lol

was yuri not eaten by a t-rex?

Only if the Soviets won, but the good guys always win in these games (except Kane's Wrath).

"There's only one true Yuri"

And he died/got locked away.

we all saw that file that people thinks its Yuri its not its ****ing Yuriko Omega

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE001=Who am I? you are Yuriko Omega durrrrrrrrrrr

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE002=Where am I? japan

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE003=I can juggle them. i dont remember yuri juggling people do but Yuriko Omega did

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE_001=I've got escape. I can break down the door. all yuri could do is mind control the door would that help

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE_002=Their minds are weak; they can be lured. could be him

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE_003=I can protect myself with a psychic shield. Yuriko Omegas second ability

SCRIPT:Y01_FILE_004=I can slam objects and vehicles with my mind one again all yuri could do is mind control

________/\

YO stands for Yuriko Omega

come come people what are you thinking

Woah man, I always thought Yuri was cool but hehe all of you don't like him at all! After all he was the first man in space, in real life... But I don't think Yuri's coming back some people here are getting a little mad- so don't worry. Personally my opinion, I want Yuri to come back but you know that's mine not yours.

Yuri is definitely a polarising character... but is it the character or the unit mechanics?

As I said in other tread - happy for him to come back. But these strings are obviously for the schoolgirl.

Yuri is definitely a polarising character... but is it the character or the unit mechanics?

Yuri the character, played by Udo Kier was great, but I always though he was a strange unit, got even more strange for me once Yuri's Revenge came along. But that was a long time ago now.

Anyway, I wish I never posted this in the news because it just so stupid. Yuri's gone and he ain't coming back.