Sonic

How To Install Your Red Alert 3 Maps

Installing downloaded maps for Red Alert 3 is very easy, just pick your operating system, Windows 7/Vista or XP and follow the instructions below.....

How to install Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 maps - Windows 7/Vista Users:

To install the maps if your using Windows Vista, simply extract the contents of the downloaded .zip file to your C:\Users\[uSER LOGIN NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3\Maps\MAPNAME folder on your hard drive. The MAPNAME will of course be the name of the map. EG if a map was called "MoscowWars" you would extract contents of the .zip file to the C:\Users\[uSER LOGIN NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3\Maps\MoscowWars\ folder. Some zip files might be set up so the folder is created for you when you unzip it.

How to install Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 maps - Windows XP Users:

To install the maps if your using Windows XP, simply extract the contents of the downloaded .zip file to your C:\Documents and Settings\[uSER LOGIN NAME]\Application Data\Red Alert 3\Maps\MAPNAME folder on your hard drive. The MAPNAME will of course be the name of the map. EG if a map was called "MoscowWars" you would extract contents of the .zip file to the C:\Documents and Settings\[uSER LOGIN NAME]\Application Data\Red Alert 3\Maps\MoscowWars\ folder. Some zip files might be set up so the folder is created for you when you unzip it.

ok so i just bought C&C RA3 and i am looking in my C&C RA3 file to add my new map pack i just got but i dont have the map folder in my C&C RA3 what do i do oh i have windows 7if that helps. I followed all the instructiond but there is no "Map" floder pls help asap :angry::question: if you can

oh and where it says " C:\Users\[uSER LOGIN NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3\Maps\MAPNAME " i dont have Roaming folder either the only folders i have in AppData are LocalLow then--->Conduit and PHP-NUKE in that folder .... omg so confusing pls help

You can also try this to locate your RA3 maps folder

From the desktop, click on Computer, in the location bar at the top of the window, right click and select edit address. Copy and paste the following into the location bar....

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3\Maps

As you can see from the screen shot sample below it should be there. Its the only location. Because your "Roaming" folder stores information for many other games and programs installed on your computer.

folderk.png

If your still having problems, you might want to try the Command & Conquer Map Folder Opener available at http://www.cncmaps.com/index.php?showtopic=4229

I also wanted to thank you for the copy & paste option as I could not find it either in windows 7

thanks - Simcoewolf - Canada

so how can i add maps when i got the C&C bundle from origin?

i tried looking for the app data, but i feel stupid and cant find it

There some possible solutions you could try in this thread on the EA forums http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9029551.page, it involves creating some folders and missing registry keys. The missing registry keys problems seems to be an on going issue with the Ultimate Collection pack. I don't have the Ultimate Collection versions of any C&C games installed, just the original release version so I can't test any of this.