Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dan

get yuri the f' out!

Guest Dan

ok time to reveal wot my mod is, basically its after yuri has been beaten, either by the soviets or the allies it doesnt really matter. yuri is gone, but his ways are not forgotten as several technologies have been intergrated to the allies and soviets, obviously inkeeping with balance and realism. theres onlly one thing left for me to do and thats to get rid of the yuri side in the country selection menu for skirmish, i think i know how to do that but what i wanna know is is that gonna screw the game up big time? i.e with the ai or sumthing?

Guest Dan

yeh everyones into adding new sides but i prefered it when it was allies vs soviets and gdi vs nod, not allies vs soviets vs yuri and to a certain extent gdi vs nod vs cabal. one thing i did think of doing was turning yuri's side into the soviets elite black guard, that way they're would be five countries a piece, although the soviets would kinda have an advantage with like they're elite black guard option, but im sure i can think of sumthing

Guest Dan

the other idea i had was since this would be after yuri is gone, i could make it quite a while after, i.e, the allies and soviets are venturing into the future, wot may have been red alert 3! or maybe even the start of gdi and nod perhaps, lol i have wayyyy to many ideas floating around my head to stick with one!

Guest Spydr331

why dont you just make it a differnt country instead of an elite guard... like china or japan or something... or afghanastan...ya know, something cool and makes sense... like china or japan would have some sorta super technological weapon or afganastan make like some sorta terrorist who can cloak like a spy, i made those units and they came out pretty cool... but its your mod and all the choices are left up to you

Guest Dan

yeh i like that idea, just one question, how do i make like the country flag with the soviet symbol next to it for skirmish, probably gonna go with china on this one, have sum gd ideas for their special unit

Just replace Yuri's flag with the China flag.

Find Yuri's country entry and change Side=ThirdSide to Side=Nod.

Actually, the Black Guard would cool to see. I don't think I've ever seen that done before. It would be sweet. Veteran everything. W00t!

Guest Dan

lol yeh the black guard would be interesting, it'd be great for my mate, he's always looking for an edge to beat me with, i dont think he's ever beaten me lol, despite him phoning me up telling me he's been practising "new tactics" (sad child), and against what, WW's extremely predictable ai *sighs* he'll never learn :P ughhhh its a tought pick, china would be easier to do, but the black guard sounds more fun, but if i did the black guard then the allies would have to have a "super country" to balance it out, like the coalition force or sumthin :wink: lol o wait i wanted a gd country :P hmmm more thought is required

Guest Dan

ok ive gone with china out of shere laziness :P but ive got one major problem, i have not got a clue on how to change the flags or the loadup screens in the slightest lol if sum1 knows can they help me plzzzzz, just a quick guide would be useful :) cheers

Guest guest

you have to use XCC mixer to extract the right files... i dont know what they are off hand, but look around and you might find them... when i get bored thats what i do, just look around the program for new crap

Guest Dan

im replacing yuri with china, they're special unit is the missile submarine. also i went into the string editor on tibed and changed the briefing so it talks about the missile submarine, and i also changed the small one that comes up in the skirmish menu (i.e China can build Missile Submarines), but that doesnt come up, i still get the yuri stuff :? any ideas. and thanx in advance fenring :D

So is China a separate side or did you move Yuri to the Soviet side?

You need to have ls800yuri.shp and yrii.pcx to replace Yuri's stuff with Chinese stuff.

Guest Dan

yuri moved to the soviets. im having a gr8 time tryin to swap the graphics from yuri cloning vats bak to soviet:x , ive downloaded the original, it says just put them in ur file bag and it'll replace them, ive dun this b4 with other structures and its worked fine, but along come the cloning vats, the icon is soviet, the buildup is soviet, but the final thing....is bloody yuri!!!! lol help!

lol... check the rules... make sure the prerequisites are for Soviet's not Yuri's... If your going to remove Yuri's, give it to soviets... it will be kind of cool... but i still think that if your going to do this... change the loading menu too... because you don't want it to be called "Yuri's Revenge" when yuri is history...

@Dan:

Make a new structure. The game has a hard time replacing existing stuff. It won't look for the new files. It'll use most of the old ones. Use [NAVATS] as your header and naming conventions. And to avoid further problems, make sure you have NewTheater=no set in the art of the structure. That way you can simply have the generic and snow and be done with the structure.

Also, did you successfully remove Yuri then? If you did, then conceivably we could use the Civ side or Special side in Multiplayer.

Guest Dan

yeh yuri is gone, the only way you'd know that side was still there is that china has the yuri flag and yuri briefing. and cheers for the cloning vats tip, it worked 100% :D

Guest Dan

@ alleylee:

yeh the soviets r gonna have the cloning vats backn (as its rightfully theres and industrial plant is stupid! lol) im gonna change all of the menus and that for when i put the mod on the net, but ive still got things to sort out with the main mod first :)

ummmmm... you can change the flag and load page you know... it is just naming a file something... i forgot... and industrial plant is not stupid... just buff it up ;).

Guest Dan

i might make it do sumthin else, cos i like the look of the building, just though t the cloning vats was wayyy better, and its not really fair to have the soviets have 2 super buildings while the allies only get 1 (i.e the ore purifier)

THEN BEEF UP THE ALLIED ONE... umm... make gap generator have a super gap where when you have spare power... double click it and it will expand... maybe give the allieds a better power plant... or an armoury (Canadian way of spelling it)... i think allied just need beefing up...