Gben

Allies Mission Cheat

I'm sure you probably all discovered this yourself, but in the mission where you need to eliminate the base before President Ackerman arrives... you are armed with cryo copters!

I didn't think of this before, but on the second run I tried to freeze his limo and it works a charm. That gives you plenty of time to work his base over (if you're a turler like me).

Funnily enough (in the context of the mission) if the president's vehicle is accidentally killed the mission ends in failure. I think the cryo copters should be a locked technology for this mission - rather than create a bullet-proof and freeze-ray-proof limo. Although it would give the opportunity for another funny in-mission video...

I did that on my first play through. And Apollos came flying into save him, I shot them down, and of course they land on the president's limo don't they.

So the game ended shortly there after. :P

So next game I waited till he got right to the far corner and I spammed Apollos and ground AA. ^_^ But by the time I had done all that, I had too much stuff anyway, and just went and pwned him. :)

The green guy ****ing sucks on that mission, doesn't do ****.

When I used the copters, he spontaneously died. I thought he could only be frozen for a set amount of time, but I don't know.

I agree though, the cryos is kind of a cheap trick and shouldn't be allowed.

It's really wierd playing the missions a second time on hard. The first time was really challenging on many missions, but the second time has been ridiculously easy and straightforward?

I'm thinking to myself - I haven't improved that much - did they tweak any of the missions in the patches? I didn't think so.

But this is an example of me not having too much lateral thinking, and so I'm pleased that I eventually discovered it for myself!

I remembered back then I was so impatient and killed him off early ingame and ended losing in the campaign. I think your method may work and use apollos to support the cryo copters.

haha, i did the cryo the second run, cause the first run, there was a glitch in the game, and somehow, the limo went over terran...... and the limo tried to reach to the goal through my friends' base... couldn't do squat about that....