Sign in to follow this  
twinblade123

Things that I don't want in RA3

I dont like the way harvesters collect resources, it is slow.

The nanocores, they need to move faster.

Apocalypse tank are larger than the dreadnaut (I don't know how to spell it).

Infantries are giant.

It's supposed to be slower, but I agree, I wasn't impressed with the new economy system.

Don't want them to be overpowered now, do you?

Easier to make the Apocalypse bigger as it is a basic square shape, problem with the Dreadnaught is that it is very long. Hard to make a long object much bigger and still be able to move around the battlefield. Of course a real Dreadnaught would be hard to maneuver in a lake too, but this is a game.

Infantries are giant.

And have been since the beginning. If they were sized proportionate to the units, they'd be too small to tell apart.

Speakinh of soldiers being to scale, any reason why we cannot have the game Sims 2 style? By that have a rotating and zooming camera where we can get as far or as close as we want to, and change the angle. This could get around the issue.

I think the infantry should be 2 thirds smaller and make the tanks bigger, and the maps bigger to fit the scale, and you can zoom out if the tanks take up too much screen space...

The resource system was a design decision, its done this way to avoid the tank spam games that plagued C&C 3 and Kane's Wrath. The devs didn't want the players to focus on resource collection to much so it been scaled back to the collector/ore node way.

If you feel the actual collection method is slow perhaps your not capturing enough of the ore nodes. If you only set up collections on ore nodes close to your base your economy will suffer.

The Empire already have the advantage of building anywhere. Making the Nanocores faster would be unfair.

Infantries are giant.

On the the whole units to scale issue. The dev team deliberately made a majority of them out of scale for artistic purposes and visibility purposes. For example, the Dolphin, look at the size of it compared to a sub or ship. If the Dolphin was to scale he would be hard see. Same goes for infantry.

I am a little unimpressed with the current resource collect system too.

I was hoping that at least the developers could have made some secondary resource system, similar to GENERALS "B;ack Marlet", "Hackers" and the "Supply Drop".

Some fans were asking, "why don't the developers remove the harvesters by simply erect refineries over the ore node?"

That could be another way round, I don't know.

Increase nanocore speed

=refineries and key structures erected earlier

=early econ boon + early production

=game unbalance as EotRS faster than Allies or Soviets

=fans whine EotRS OverPowered.

=Game Fails?

Infantries are giant.

Its a tradition in all C&C games. I don't know what happens when the infantry is set to the realistic size, I fear that selecting infantries may be the hassle. As for the Apocalypse Tank bigger than Dreadnought, well, let's say all naval units size have shrunk. If you demand realistic size, naval units such as Dreadnought and Aircraft Carrier may be as big as the Aircraft Carrier in Generals Zero:Hour. In which, zooming in and out at all times may be annoying ingame tournaments.

Not to move faster necessarily, but I would likte to be able to queue them. Especially when I'm building turrets. It feels quite old school not to be able to queue up structures with a building system like that.

Infantries are giant.

And have been since the beginning. If they were sized proportionate to the units, they'd be too small to tell apart.

The scaling in Tiberian Dawn is actually quite accurate. It's in Red Alert that giant infantry is introduced.

The scaling in Tiberian Dawn is actually quite accurate.

No... it's not.

Compared to Red Alert it's almost realistic. Place an infantry unit next to the GDI War Factory for instance.

Place an infantry next to a Medium Tank.

Someone always makes a fixed infantry mod, so look out for it if you are really worried about it...

The scaling in Tiberian Dawn is actually quite accurate. It's in Red Alert that giant infantry is introduced.

Are you on drugs, or smoking weed? :lol: :lol: :lol: