mormreed

Windows 7

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/whats-new.aspx

Take a look, it's gonna be open for download tomorrow, what do you guys think?

I like the look of Windows Powershell 2.0 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd206699.aspx

I think that could be a nice program if it supports many different languages, the tabs make everything so much easier for many things.

Its just Windows Vista "Second Edition" to me. Nothing major. If your still on XP it will be large leap forward. Current Vista users will only see a few improvements.

Nah. Seven looks to be shaping up to follow 2000 and XP as a good, all-around OS. Vista was a good attempt like NT but it fell short of its intended goal. Honestly, Vista just tried to be OSX and failed.

Aye, I'm probably going to be dual-booting XP and Win7 after it is nice and stable.

Nah. Seven looks to be shaping up to follow 2000 and XP as a good, all-around OS. Vista was a good attempt like NT but it fell short of its intended goal. Honestly, Vista just tried to be OSX and failed.

My thoughts exactly.

Windows 7 will be good, I of course will wait though to see what bugs and such are present in its retail release. :)

screenshot_pinned.jpg

I'm sorry but.

...Improved taskbar dock
Corrected

It really is. Or are you gonna try telling me that's just the new upgraded quicklaunch?

From all the articles I've read and the impressions from the tech community, it seems that Windows 7 is shaping up to be all of what Vista was suppose to be but failed at and more...

Probably will finally jump from XP for Windows 7.

lol Lets be a mac with bugs and viruses :P

I will wait to see when it comes out

Well whatever it turns out to be I'm sure it will overpriced, just like Vista was or still is. Although I got my copy of Vista OEM for $158 back in July last year.

Probably will finally jump from XP for Windows 7.

Probably my thoughts too. I'm still sitting on XP. But we'll see I guess.

Windows 7 is entering its first public beta. It will be awhile before it hits retail.

lol Lets be a mac with bugs and viruses :P

Kind of, but not really.

Well whatever it turns out to be I'm sure it will overpriced, just like Vista was or still is. Although I got my copy of Vista OEM for $158 back in July last year.

That's one reason why I really didn't go for Vista. 222 USD for a retail version of Windows Vista Premium 32-bit. Really? REALLY? I could buy a good, mid-range video card for that.

175, or better yet, 150 USD for a full retail version of Windows 7 would be great.

Here is rough pricing for Windows Vista and Windows XP in New Zealand.....

windowuq4.png

As I mentioned before, July 2008 I purchased a copy of Vista Home Premium DVD (OEM) for $158, here we are in Jan 2009 it now costs $255. Windows 7 is going to be very expensive when it hits retail.

All my recent OS installations have always been like, $10 for the professional edition via my university.

well according to the article it sounds damn fine

my friend got the leaked beta a month or so ago... maybe further. he said it's amazing but being a beta there are a lot of things that haven't been fixed. notable stuff is everything speeded up. one of the negatives is that some things we considered basic essentials in all other windows OS's have to be gained in an extra pack add-on thingie... like windows movie maker. which kinda sucks but y'know, it looks promising.

um... windows movie maker is not considered an essential by many people... maybe a basic tool

It is by the "youtubers". :P I think they would be foolish to not have it as part of hte OS.

Though, perhaps finally people will go buy some nice software, like Sony Vegas, And I won't have to be put through the same transitions over and over and over again.

I'm running it as a main right now and I must say it works great!

Also, windows_7.png

All my recent OS installations have always been like, $10 for the professional edition via my university.

Still get those uni discounts now that you've graduated?

shhhhhh don't tell the uni people :P