Sonic

Mice That Didn't Leave the Lab

I found this on another forum. Some sort document about prototype mice from Logitech. The ones that start out as an idea or concept but never make the final cut.

http://logitech-sjca.navisite.net/web/ftp/...dnt_make_it.pdf (642 KB PDF file)

Most interesting to see how they attempt to reinvent something that doesn't need reinventing in the first place ;)

Indeed, only the last idea was somewhat acceptable.

They're prototypes, and aside from probably the two sharp looking ones early on they're definitely definitely not final designs. Let's look at the concepts, though. The "dual mouse" could've operated like a wii-mote cursor rotating in space, which might have applications in games or design programs. Right now mice don't care which direction/spin they're in.

The forward-back settings changer apparently made it into some mice in the form of forward/back buttons for adjusting mouse speed or settings, and it's handy to have; you can see that on the modded mouse on page 9, which is obviously just what it looks like: A G5 with holes drilled all into it! And the laser-pointer-mouse, I've actually seen something like that a couple times though. Obviously not as large as a standard mouse.

Good find Sonic.

The A/C mouse looks pretty cool, but the laser pointer could have worked out well, just put a cover over the laser pointer while not in use

i had something similar to the last mouse...Kane's Wrath Razer Laser Mouse...

Actually some of those aren't that bad an idea... :)

Nice find. That's quite awesome.

Most interesting to see how they attempt to reinvent something that doesn't need reinventing in the first place

A sure sign of too much money and too much time.

The one with air holes on the palm would be nice.

If you put a laser pointer on it that would be a definate sell. at the moment i would be unsure if i would get either

The one with air holes on the palm would be nice.

My hands never get sweaty from mouse use, and I spend unhealthy amounts of time on the computer.

My hands get sweaty, that would be nice, as long as there's something to block random stuff from falling through the holes and clogging the fan XD

I think it's actually more a genetic thing. I'm a sweaty hands person too. Really bad in exams and stuff you're always wiping your hands on your pants :lol:

hmm... i like the ones with lots of extra buttons and functions. but if it's a shaped mouse, it's always right handed. i'm left handed. same deal with those gaming hand keyboard things. always left handed when i need it right handed :\ eh go figure...

I have only noticed getting sweaty hands since getting my new mouse which is the same shape but different version as that one with the air holes (mx518). They also only get sweaty at the point where those air holes have been placed which make me this it was a mouse specific idea.

I think it's actually more a genetic thing. I'm a sweaty hands person too. Really bad in exams and stuff you're always wiping your hands on your pants :lol:

If I leave my hand on the paper it gets all warped and looks like I spilled something on it XD kind of awkward, it prolly is a genetic thing, but if a mouse could remedy it that would be AWESOME!

Well...I'm not THAT bad :P

You remind me of Slightly Moist Man from Doctor Horrible :lol:

I am alone in my plight ):

Mina is left-handed. That explans SOOOO much.

But a mouse with a coolin fan reminds me of the air cooler at ten-pin bowling... but i think the clogging issue has to be a big one.

and maybe grease, chinese food wouldn't play nice with that mouse XD

chinese food wouldn't play nice with any mouse