Luk3us

Petro-Gamers dead?

I see Sonic you've closed it finally.

Its kind of a shame really, UAW could have been great, but faced a large number of problems... :(

Lord! Post it in the right place :lol:

It's hardly his fault. It takes a lot of devotion to webmaster a successful fansite and if the games coming out aren't really that good then there's not a lot of motivation for you is there?

Yes Petro-Gamers is gone. I didn't like closing it down, but I didn't like seeing just sitting there doing nothing. When Saracen stepped down from CNCNZ.com I thought he was sticking with Petro-Gamers but that was not the case. Can't blame him really. Let me explain why.....

The Petro community is simply put boring. UaW bombed out big time, their new game, Mytheon, I have no interest in it and I don't see a future in game that is going to go head to head with WoW. Regardless of it being free to download and play it will probably bomb out worse than UaW. Other contributing factors to the closure of Petro-Gamers was the fact that we received very little support from any Petro community managers in 2008. There is no news to mention, only small bits and bobs, no other major fan sites apart from Petrolution.... its just a dull environment.

Both Saracen and I were mods on the Petro forums, we even signed NDAs. For what reason I have no idea because they never told us anything that had to remain super top secret. So that NDA wasn't even worth wiping your own ass with to be honest. And lets not forget that in May 2008 I introduce the Roundtable as feature on Petro-Gamers, thinking it would help boost the site's profile, generate some community involvement. But once again it was **** on by Petro themselves, any trace of it was removed forum public view on Petro's forums.

This was the final post I made in the Community HQ [Comm Leaders] forum at http://www.petroglyphgames.com/forums/, its a non public forum.

I have now closed Petro-Gamers, my interested in Mytheon is zero so I won't be covering the game at Petro-Gamers. The domain (www.petro-gamers.com) doesn't expire until about June 2009.

Mike.nl has been informed so this means his Mod Tools site at http://modtools.petro-gamers.com will need to find a new home. I'm sure he won't have any problems finding new hosting for this. My suggestion would be to ask Banshee for hosting at Petrolution. With six months before the domain expires, Mike.nl still has plenty of time but I would recommend a move sooner rather than later, a redirect can be set up to point to the new address.

Its been a semi-solid run for Petro-Gamers, starting as Empire-At-War.com back June of 2006, changing to Petro-Gamers in June 2007. At that time I had big plans for it, but due to many problems, lack of growth and hardly any support from community managers after Sageking (Kevin Yu) departed, things fell apart. The site was hardly updated at all from May 2008.

I attempted to recreate what I have been doing successfully with CNCNZ.com for many years at Petro-Gamers but it didn't seem to work. My ideas and plans were so big that I thought I would be closing down CNCNZ.com before Petro-Gamers.

If anyone wants anything from Petro-Gamers before its all deleted let me know. I will send it your way, Files, content, images and so on, The image gallery is loaded with many UaW images.

Have a look here using the address: http://www.petro-gamers.com/index2.php

And like most things related to Petro-Gamers, no one really gave a ****.

Yeah its a shame Petro bombed out.

Oh well, as long as the flagship keeps sailing on. Which seems likely since EA don't seem like they're going to let the C&C name waver like they did ages back. ^_^

Everything's got to end some time. Though I'd really love it if the visitor counter still passed 222,222 before the end. Right now it is at Visitor # 222131. So 91 more, and then I'm done :)

Though I'd really love it if the visitor counter still passed 222,222 before the end.

Why? Obsessive compulsive disorder?

Why? Obsessive compulsive disorder?

That, or I just like easy to remember numbers. :unsure: