Sign in to follow this  
modderintraining

need help please

ok i have a clone of the NATECH and im using it for my ion lab and i what to know how i can use the cameo i made for it with out chande the cameo on the original NATECH

The cameo is determined by the image, so you would need to clone the NATECH Art entry as well, then change the cameo.

Edited by Nmenth

The cameo is determined by the image, so you would need to clone the NATECH Art entry as well, then change the cameo.

do i change the clones name as well and is there anything else im saposed to do

Your NATECH clone needs to have Image=X (whatever you want to call it), where X is a clone of NATECH in Art. For Cameo= change it to the name of your new cameo, leave the rest as it is.

Your NATECH clone needs to have Image=X (whatever you want to call it), where X is a clone of NATECH in Art. For Cameo= change it to the name of your new cameo, leave the rest as it is.

i do all of this in the artmd.ini

I'd give you exact code, but the computer I use to mod is currently disconnected. I'll probably reconnect it tomorrow and dig up some more specific instructions to provide then if you still need them.

In Rules you need your NATECH clone:

[NAIONLAB] ; The NATECH clone, which I'm calling NAIONLAB, but can be called anything as long as the name doesn't already exist

Image=NAILAB ; I'm calling it's Art entry NAILAB as to not confuse the Rules clone with the Art clone

In Art you need your clone of NATECH's Art:

[NAILAB] ; Clone of NATECH

Image=NATECH ; Because this isn't the original image

Cameo=ILABICON ; The new cameo, which I'm calling ILABICON

If this isn't enough to get it working, I'm probably forgetting something that I'll remember when I hook up my other computer.

I'd give you exact code, but the computer I use to mod is currently disconnected. I'll probably reconnect it tomorrow and dig up some more specific instructions to provide then if you still need them.

In Rules you need your NATECH clone:

[NAIONLAB] ; The NATECH clone, which I'm calling NAIONLAB, but can be called anything as long as the name doesn't already exist

Image=NAILAB ; I'm calling it's Art entry NAILAB as to not confuse the Rules clone with the Art clone

In Art you need your clone of NATECH's Art:

[NAILAB] ; Clone of NATECH

Image=NATECH ; Because this isn't the original image

Cameo=ILABICON ; The new cameo, which I'm calling ILABICON

If this isn't enough to get it working, I'm probably forgetting something that I'll remember when I hook up my other computer.

ok thanks and if you think of anything you missed just let me know thanks

I wouldn't actually use a clone. I'd make an entirely new structure either with the old art or new art, which is easily found on the Internet. I especially like the prerelease Soviet Battle Lab Blade and DeeZire recreated for additional Soviet technology purposes. The issue with clones is that Foundation has trouble with it and it's a pain if you don't do it right.