Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Kaufman

New Website Update from APOC - everything you want and need to know

Hey everyone,

As we approach the end of our first week with the new website I am sure you are all wondering quite a few things about the status of various content, features, even the visual look. Without a doubt, a lot of issues that you may or may not see on the website right now are issues we are fully aware of and have been working to fix since we launched. In the coming days and weeks and months, I think you will start to see the website transform technically, feature-wise, and visually. A lot of the features and content that were on the old C&C.com, we were unable to implement in time for our Monday launch, HOWEVER, this was simply a timing issue, not a "deletion of content" issue.

Let me rephrase that, content such as Blogs, Downloads, Maps, Mods, etc, is all being factored and worked back in to the new site in a staging process. I know a number of you have been worried about where to find your C&C 3 Mod SDK or those awesome Red Alert 3 avatar packs for example, rest assured, we'll have it all back up soon.

Here is an initial list of some things we are working as we tirelessly work to upgrade the new C&C.com:

-Stat reporting is being worked on right now and will involve a new patch from us to address the big issues

-Downloads Section across all 3 portals - where you'll find your WB, SDK's, Avatar Packs, and other unique downloads

-Maps Section - my people, mapping is the bread and butter of this community, do not fear, the maps section will return very soon. Certainly well before we release Worldbuilder for Red Alert 3 which is currently slated for our upcoming big patch.

-Blogs - I know you miss hearing the various personalities of our dev team talk about their daily soap opera lives

-Comments and Ratings - FTW! You'll finally be able to comment on just about everything published on the site. That should be interesting.

-Links and Community - this would involve anything related to fan-site community links, mods, etc.

-Flurry of technical upgrades including Clan-Invites, right side promo graphics, enhanced visuals, HTML fixes, etc

The key thing to know is that our new website is going to constantly grow and evolve day by day, week by week and this initial launch is just the beginning. We are working hard to re-implement all the old content from the past C&C.com site, and new features and enhancements to your new C&C Home. On top of that, we are working to clean up a lot of technical nuiances.

I'll keep you posted as updates come in and keep visiting back every day for new content.

Cheers,

APOC

:bullet:View the full article