Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spydr331

Super Weapons

Guest Spydr331

so far i have seen the meteor storm and ion cannon as possible extra superweapons that can be created by mad scientist type mods... i have also seen alternatives to the meteor storm by changing its art file to make it look like rockets...

my question for today is...

how many superweapons have people made? i wanna see how what WORKING possibilities there are so far...

You can do just about anything if you REPLACE a superweapon. It's all in the images and how you set up the art. The art file can attach a warhead and damage to an animation.

I've made an Ion Cannon, Meteor Storm, Rocket Storm, Scud Storm, Multi Missile and quite a few other superweapons. It's all in the art.

Guest Spydr331

sounds good... im gonna try to make a malfunctioning astronaut storm! lol...

by the way... is there a way to change some values for the iron curtain and make it make people invincible and NOT kill them?

pretty sure it is... i been reading the rules half way through... and i think i only saw iron "cast" range, duration, colour and maybe some more... that is like it... so it is like hardcoded... i think it is the same with chronowarp... jump... same thing...

Except with the Chronosphere, you can make it attack. Same with the Iron Curtain. Certain effects are hardcoded. Infantry death happens to be one of them.

Guest Spydr331

ahh the irony of it all... all i wanted is to make a selected group of infantry invincible for a short period of time... is that so much to ask?! can the genetic mutator be changed so that it can change infantry to other infantry besides brutes... or even tanks into other tanks?

Do not use Mutation with tanks. You'll get an error. You can mutate other infantry. Just change the AnimToInfantry=BRUTE line to AnimToInfantry=whatever you want.

Guest Spydr331

ah man... i was gonna make it so normal tanks turn into tanks that are like 2 times the size of an apocolypse tank...

next question! is there a way to make the trasformation work on only your units? so you have to make really expensive units that you can transform into other units that you cant buy? that would be side specific and unit specific but cn either be done?

i should turn all my questions into the longest tutorial ever! lol

Guest Britishjohn

Is it possible to put the Weather Storm Superweapon from Red Alert 2 into Tiberian Sun using Tibedit? If so, how???

doubt it... tibed can't really change superweapons or replace them... or at least i don't know how to... isn't weather storm a replacement of ion storm for tiberium sun? you might want to find that...

also for the mutation... you could like make infantries turn into tanks. all you need is to find a tank you want the infantries to turn into, copy and paste the chosen tank and rename it... then place the tank under the infantrytypes list... that way it is considered an infantry. then you just paste the name beside AnimToInfantry=. that way whenever the infantries get mutated... they turn into tanks. but that will also happen when the genetic mutator is activated so yuris will become very cheap...

Problem 1: Infantry cannot be voxels.

Probelm 2: Mutated infantry can only be infantry.

The Lightning Storm uses Ion Storm logic. If you could find the right Action and Type in Tiberian Sun, you could make it a player controlled superweapon. Maybe not since the Ion Storm is controlled by map triggers.