Sign in to follow this  
(ha) crazy

greatest game character

well I was thinking "who is the best classic video game character?" so I am now going to accept nominations

The chriteria for being nominated are they must be from a game that is at least 10 years or older sequals can be more recentsorry no halo yet and no player characters for rpgs except final fantasy

so my nominations are kane and big boss

no player characters for rpgs except final fantasy

What makes Final Fantasy so special?

the duck in Roller coaster tycoon

when clicked it quaked

This. lol.

the duck in Roller coaster tycoon

when clicked it quaked

Im off to buy roller coaster tycoon

ohh i vote duck

ohh i vote duck

These are nominations... not poll options...

If you want classic, years should be >15 then only 'classic' characters would apply. I'd have to vote a non-PC franchise character since they have ten times the class. Not to say Kane or Mistah Freeman are bad but they ain't got **** on Link, Mario, Fox or Mega Man.

These are nominations... not poll options...

ok i third the nomination of the duck

Duke Nukem anyone?

Amen brother.

Gordon Freeman

I was thinking along the lines of Half-Life but my pick would be the G-Man. After all these years we still know nothing about him yet he remains so popular.

gmanconceptvg9.jpg

On that note, hurry up Valve and finish the ****ing Half-Life story already :rolleyes:

So far we have gordon Freeman from Half Life, Duke Nukem, duck from Roller Coaster Tycoon, And of course our very own Kane

sorry I forgot to mention that to get on the poll a character needs to be nominated by two different people

In determining my vote as the greatest game character I had one criteria in mind: do peoplee actually play the game because of that particular character. To give an example aare Mario, Sonic and Half Life popular because of the characters in them or are they popular because they are good games? So if we look at games that sell because of the characters in them we need to look at what these characters bring to the table. What would Tomb Raider be without Lara Croft, Street Fighter without Ryu or Command & Conquer without Kane?

Actually, that last question is answered with Red Alert and Generals, but my vote for the greatest game character may come as a surprise at first, but after careful consideration I vote Aeris Gainsborough as the greatest game character. Why? Three reasons I can give are that she is vital to the Final Fantasy storyline, she is a very well rounded character and she is tremendously popular. To show what I mean Half Life would have worked equally well with Shepard or Barney as it did with Freeman, simply because the personality did not matter, the game did. If Knuckles had the starring role instead of Sonic not much would change. And Aeris' popularity is such that people still talk about what happens in the game a decade after it was released. So my vote goes to Aeris, with Big Boss\Solid Snake coming a close second.

I was thinking along the lines of Half-Life but my pick would be the G-Man. After all these years we still know nothing about him yet he remains so popular.

On that note, hurry up Valve and finish the ****ing Half-Life story already :rolleyes:

As much as I like the mysterious G-Man, I chose Gordon Freeman because he doesn't need to open a single mouth and could get things done with the blink of an eye. Years ago, when I was a kid and when Half life 2 was smashing hot, I tried not to open my mouth the whole day in school and I failed... one way or another you still have to be forced to open your mouth to get things done, one way or another. That's when I admire Gordon Freeman, he's awesome.

In addition, he could lift up objects with telekinesis, such as throwing a can at the metrocop without using his bare hands or that HEV suit!

VOTE GORDON FREEMAN!

As much as I like the mysterious G-Man, I chose Gordon Freeman because he doesn't need to open a single mouth and could get things done with the blink of an eye. Years ago, when I was a kid and when Half life 2 was smashing hot, I tried not to open my mouth the whole day in school and I failed... one way or another you still have to be forced to open your mouth to get things done, one way or another. That's when I admire Gordon Freeman, he's awesome.

In addition, he could lift up objects with telekinesis, such as throwing a can at the metrocop without using his bare hands or that HEV suit!

VOTE GORDON FREEMAN!

... I vote Aeris Gainsborough as the greatest game character. Why? Three reasons I can give are that she is vital to the Final Fantasy storyline, she is a very well rounded character and she is tremendously popular. To show what I mean Half Life would have worked equally well with Shepard or Barney as it did with Freeman, simply because the personality did not matter, the game did. If Knuckles had the starring role instead of Sonic not much would change. And Aeris' popularity is such that people still talk about what happens in the game a decade after it was released. So my vote goes to Aeris, with Big Boss\Solid Snake coming a close second.

I never heard of Aeris until you mentioned her there :blush:

Then you live a very sheltered life. gtfo my sight.

Also, Link > everyone else. The elf uses a ****ing sword to kick ass and take names.

Also, Link > everyone else.

I'm going to have to second Link.

And Aeris? I know she is an icon, but... I mean she only made it through one third of the game! Sephiroth totally whacked her and he is probably more idolized.

That is kind of like saying Osama Bin Laden is more popular because he kills Nick Berg on September 11.

As for Link being the best because he wields a sword? Overruled.

pdvd0381.jpg

She plays Cloud Strife better than Cloud Strife. Not as big a girl for a start.

That is kind of like saying Osama Bin Laden is more popular because he kills Nick Berg on September 11.

No... it's like saying Aeris is DEAD.

As for Link being the best because he wields a sword? Overruled.

His sword wielding isn't all he does. He also is a fine ocarina player, arrow shooter, fisherman, Ganondorf banisher, bomb chucker, and fairy hater (the glowing pink kind with wings that annoy you every two seconds... ok, maybe that doesn't narrow it down...)