Sign in to follow this  
ICECOLDKILLA

uprising is not a hard copy

will some one tell me is uprising going on a disc or download only because if its download only then i play the waiting game that's until the second decade of course and its bull crap

Yes, they always said that Uprising is digital download only. They also always said that they might "consider" releasing it as a disc if there's enough demand, but there probably won't be "enough" according to whatever scatterbrained measurement system they'll come up with. Good luck waiting for the Second Decade. :P

Whatever it is, I am certain sales will drop dramatically if EA insist Uprising as a digital download exclusive.

Majority of the fanbase are kids/teens below 18. They may have cold hard cash (allowance or savings) but they do not own credit cards for digital downloads. I doubt their parents will lend them their credit cards. This means that this bunch of folks will not get Uprising through digital download.

Without retail editions, some normal shoppers may not be aware of the existence of Uprising. Meaning, losing these customers as well.

Its all up to EA whether they wanna pwn themselves.

I don't think its that big of a deal really. DLC is the newest craze, the reason they do it, is of course to make money, but they save a **** load by not bothering with physical production, shipping and the like. Lots of other games have done it and they're been successful. So I don't think this will be a bad move by EA.

The teens/kids argument is mute anyway, as they get their cash from their parents anyway. So its not a epic leap to get them to buy it online. Besides everything is going digital these days anyway, so no point living in the past.

I'll have to laugh if EA intends to do this due to piracy issues. I have a strong feeling digital download will definitely make piracy so much more simple.

Besides everything is going digital these days anyway, so no point living in the past.

wait a minute i still have TV until summer so not everything

Besides everything is going digital these days anyway, so no point living in the past.

Bro, you are making a traditional man like me sad. I possessed some Pentium 4 computers lying around and still in use, and two requires ddr1 rams that goes 512mb, I own 3 1/2 diskettes! I have big bulky monitors! :(

Man you just hurt my feelings bro. :(

I'll say it again, STOP LIVING IN THE PAST FFS!

Go get a nice LCD monitor, some nice dual/quad processors, some nice speakers with HDMI input and some nice optical mice. Don't forget the vitual girlfriend too. :P ahahaha

Whats the point of having virtual girlfriends (viruses) when you can own one.

Own what? A girlfriend? You can't own a girlfriend, that isn't legal...

Or a virus? Why would you want to own a virus?

The download way saves you on packaging, shipping and whatever else the store decides to add to it...

Steam does really well with the download thing, but they know what they're doing, EA doesn't know it's ass from a whole in the ground...

Edited by BlyTwo

Own what? A girlfriend? You can't own a girlfriend, that isn't legal...

Or a virus? Why would you want to own a virus?

1) Sure it is. :)

2) So I can send it to you when you annoy me.

1) Sure it is. :)

2) So I can send it to you when you annoy me.

1) I suppose as long as you keep her hidden away in your dungeon where the law can't find her... Last time I checked slavery wasn't legal though...

2) I am immune to your hollow taunts, you can only fool Malevolence with your god complex.

Edited by Nmenth

will some one tell me is uprising going on a disc or download only because if its download only then i play the waiting game that's until the second decade of course and its bull crap

Even a survey voting from EALA has already taken in effect on this issue. Who knows what will happen next?

Even a survey voting from EALA has already taken in effect on this issue. Who knows what will happen next?

When was that official EA survey on this subject?

Sonic, I also found on various other fan-made forums threads, it seems that majority also voted for a physical version of the game.

Here's one for example.

http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum.../list/9325.page

BTW, APOC has replied in the official EA forums.

I'd just like to say that this poll is appreciated and you guys have certainly been heard, and even well before this poll was established. We know the concept of buying a game in-store is a traditional mechanism for you and purchasing online-online is still a very new concept.

That said, Uprising is not a traditional expansion pack and it is also standalone, so it fits the mold for a download only game quite well.

I think all of our supporting online retailers have fast bandwidth and good download store experiences. I do understand for those with slow connections it may be difficult, my suggestion, let it download overnight or during the day while you are at work or school or wherever you are.

As of right now, Uprising will be a digital download only but I will make sure your voice has been heard. I hope a digital download only does not deter you from experiencing one of our development teams best projects - Uprising is turning out to be quite the gem.

-APOC

Seriously, I don't like his concept of " I do understand for those with slow connections it may be difficult, my suggestion, let it download overnight or during the day while you are at work or school or wherever you are."

Wouldn't servers reset connections after a certain time? So those who have slow connections will be dropped halfway...

No the host servers shouldn't do that, but often times people with slow connections will lose their connection or time out on their end halfway through. I know I used to have that problem with large files on my parents' Internet before I moved to college. I doubt EA would put it on bittorrent for people with connection duration issues.

Anyways...

Here's my take on this issue.

1) I rather pay more for a physical retail box than a cheaper online download.

2) If I have to download, I rather download a free version than a version which requires my credit card.

3) Besides, the paid version will not make a difference with a free version, as it is simply a single player game.

P.S. EA loses another customer until a retail version is out.

You might want to edit off that last bit there...

Malevolence please read the Forum Rules. That's twice I've had remove your ever so subtle references to software piracy. Discussion of such topics is forbidden.