Sonic

RA3 Uprising Unit Profile - Soviet Reaper

The latest Red Alert 3: Uprising unit profile has been added to the Official C&C Site. This one is a profile of the Soviet Reaper. As always, there is a short in game video, concept art and extra information. Here is a sample....

normal_concept23.jpg

Bristling with weapons - The Reaper hails from an age of Soviet excess, which is why it's loaded down with so many explosive weapons. Its three fast-firing grenade launchers and top-mounted rocket rack are almost excessive in their stopping power, and let the Reaper attack both surface and air targets.

The price of punishment - Because it is available in relatively short supply and packs so much firepower, the Reaper is fairly expensive to produce, even more so than a Soviet main battle tank. While most Soviet forces are considered to be specialized and efficient, the Reaper can be seen as something of a jack-of-all-trades.

Click here for the full Soviet Reaper profile.

still wondering (although i havent read the entire profile page) this unit will make siclke susless, its a little faster strong, more firepower anti air + ground too, smashes even tanks! fires multi targets at the same time....

whats the role of the pure good siclke now? :huh:

still wondering (although i havent read the entire profile page)

Read the entire profile page.

Lol to that.

Anti air + anti surface!

This is one of those spammed units that will work alongside with the spammed hammers.

And as usual, EA only gives these kinds of multi purpose spam units to one side, and lets the other sides out in the cold

Ha ha ha It looks alot like the RS Centurion aside from 4 legs unlike the Centurion which only has 3 . :P lol Bet they got it based on the RS Centurion. XD lmao Damn plagiarists. X) Whatever though, it doesn't look bad though. :)

Edited by Mad Cat

even after reading the entire page, the question still exists, it will become defenetly a spam unit for long games even if its gona be expansive, :P

but besides balance, damn its a very cool piece of machinery, love the animations :)

Edited by Johnnyxp64

Ha ha ha It looks alot like the RS Centurion aside from 4 legs unlike the Centurion which only has 3 . :P lol Bet they got it based on the RS Centurion. XD lmao Damn plagiarists. X) Whatever though, it doesn't look bad though. :)

Or, they could have based it off the old Centurion Concept from Red Alert 2:

centurionscancamostripe.jpg

centurionscancamourbo.jpg

Well that's a new pic... for me at least.

One of the coolest units in RTS- A grenade-lauching, vehicle-squashing spidermech which legs may break to turn the unit a turret. Words cannot describe how awsome this is.

even after reading the entire page, the question still exists, it will become defenetly a spam unit for long games even if its gona be expansive, :P

but besides balance, damn its a very cool piece of machinery, love the animations :)

Who cares if ist balanced or not. There is no multiplayer so there is no problem. All of the Uprising units have been designed to provide entertainment to the single player game only.

Or, they could have based it off the old Centurion Concept from Red Alert 2:

centurionscancamostripe.jpg

centurionscancamourbo.jpg

I'd say that's exactly where the idea came from. It proves they do dip into the old Westwood C&C archives. And before anyone thinks it, no they are ripping off Westwood's ideas :rolleyes:

It proves they do dip into the old Westwood C&C archives. And before anyone thinks it, no they are ripping off Westwood's ideas :rolleyes:

I think this already proved that...

Lol, people complaining about balance in singleplayer, there is no point on that, the idea of Uprising is not be balanced, but to be fun, and I say this thing looks funny, so there wont be any problem with it, and also, the allies and EOTRS will have those super units with oneshot-onekill attacks.

The concept art is awesome, though the actual unit leaves a lot to desire.

Yeah, we should e-mail Apoc to tell the modelers that the scale of its parts are weird and unpleasant :)

Somebody call? :)

The feedback is appreciated, I think at best the modelers can take it as a key learning. Its definitely a little bit more on the crazier side of units designs.

-APOC

Eh so what? Red Alert is already so wacky, who really cares? I say this unit looks just fine. :nod:

Well that's a new pic... for me at least.

The Mental omega mod of yuris revenge has this unit.Its worth downloading

Eh so what? Red Alert is already so wacky, who really cares? I say this unit looks just fine. :nod:

There are other C&C fans who care.

Somebody call? :)

The feedback is appreciated, I think at best the modelers can take it as a key learning. Its definitely a little bit more on the crazier side of units designs.

-APOC

Don't get us wrong, the unit is lovely, it's just that the model has an either too large head or too short legs. If this is altered, then we're fine :)

the model has an either too large head or too short legs. If this is altered, then we're fine

1) If you read the profile, this was a scrapped prototype design. If it wasn't faulty, it wouldn't have been scrapped.

2) I think it's a little late at this stage to be altering graphics.

i think the large head and small legs back up the secondary power...

The small legs are the reminder that this unit is a experimental unit, and the secondary ability explains itself. Leave it as it is for now. Besides Uprisng is releasing its digital download (sigh wheres my f***ing retail) this week.